Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Hey i was wondering about who is stronger in a battle, Gary, Ash, or Paul?

Ice Arceus said:
Hey i was wondering about who is stronger in a battle, Gary, Ash, or Paul?

Hmm, well, let's think about this LOGICALLY. Ash and Paul always have fairly equal battles, correct? [Well, at least 1 doesn't completely dominate over the other one's face without a contest]. And this is when Ash uses his Sinoh Pokémon only. [and Pikachu.] What do you think would happen if Ash used Pokémon like... Charizard? Bayleef? Noctowl? Squirtle? I think Ash is much much stronger.

The Power of Three said:
Hmm, well, let's think about this LOGICALLY. Ash and Paul always have fairly equal battles, correct? [Well, at least 1 doesn't completely dominate over the other one's face without a contest]. And this is when Ash uses his Sinoh Pokémon only. [and Pikachu.] What do you think would happen if Ash used Pokémon like... Charizard? Bayleef? Noctowl? Squirtle? I think Ash is much much stronger.

Do you remember that battle where Chimchar evolved? There wasn't much of a contest there. Ursaring is a monster.

Anyways, I say Gary. Gary just has the biggest baddest pokemon out there, he has Arcanine, Electivire, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Blastoise, Umbreon, Scizor, Golem, and then he has(though they have never been seen) Kingdra, Alakazam, Skarmory, Houndoom, Pinsir.

Paul has: Ursaring, Magmortar, Torterra

Ash has: Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Squirtle. So...honestly? Gary. He has the most balanced teams and beaten Ash almost every time they battled, even if it was close. Now is Harrison was one of the options, it would be him. Blaziken is just a monster, it beat out Charizard who had the obvious advantage, and just punch holes through half of all the other pokemon anyone else has...

If I remember correctly Gary Oak gave up being a Pokemon Trainer to become a Pokemon Researcher in Sinnoh following his grandfather's footsteps. The last time he made an appearance in Diamond/Pearl was mainly to help Ash's Gligar evolve into Gliscor which didn't do that well against Paul recently, so Ash is Oaking it for Gible possibly.

As to whose stronger at the moment I have to go with Paul, he trained his Pokemon to the likes of a competitive Wi-Fi battler on the DS. Even If Ash used his reserves against Paul in the Sinnoh Conference the outcome might of been no less different.

The only reason why Ash would be able to beat Paul in the Sinnoh Conference is because of the stereo typical Shonen rule that the Happy go lucky good guy always beats the Darker Rival. Much like the first rule of everything. It'd be a complete cop out on Ash's part If his Sinnoh League team consisted of 5 Reserves and his Pikachu than just 5 of his Sinnoh Pokemon and Pikachu. Ash's Pikachu has been known to pull a victory out of thin air.

We could also look at the fact that Ash has the best hax on the entire planet. Even better than Lenny's KoH's was.

Chimchar is hit by Hydro Pump
Ash: COMe ON CHIMCHAR! YOU CAN DO IT!

Chimchar gets up slowly
NOW! USE EMBER!
Chimchar uses Ember on Gyarados.
GYARADOS IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! CHIMCHAR IS THE WINNER!

^Lol, that's totally what happens.

Pikachu gets hit by EQ then rollout 5 times.

Ash: Stay strong buddy! You can do it!

Pikachu gets up quickly and uses Quick Attack on a full health Golem.
Pikachu wins! Ash jumps up an down screaming, "We did it!"

I'm starting to have second thoughts, in terms of personality I'd say Gary is the strongest of the 3. However in terms of battling skill and strategy I think it's a tie between Gary and Paul. They're both usually calm and collected when in battle which is way different from how Ash battles.

Ash does have one ace in the hole and that's his way of pulling a win out of thin air, either with the use of using the terrain to his advantage or utilizing contest move ideas from May and Dawn to put him over the edge. Perhaps it's power hax that nets him victories, heck who knows.

So I kinda see why Gary would outrank both Ash and Paul plus he's got nostalgia factor to boot as well. I still think it's a shame that he quit being a Trainer but like I said before he's the grandson of the legendary Professor Oak so of course Gary becoming a Researcher was bound to happen sooner or later.

Truthfully, the real question is who SHOULD it be. Really, it should be Ash. He has beat people in the Elite Four, yet, he needed two tries to beat the first gym leader in Sinnoh. All of his Kanto Pokemon, especially Pikachu, should be the equivalent of a Lv. 100 Pokemon compared to the video games. Although, right now, I'd say it's a three way tie, which it shouldn't be. That is my opinion.

Definetly Gary! I really think that Gary is (was) a kick*** trainer who really worked his butt to get those pokemon. I agree with Seth1789110 that if Harrison is one of the choices he would obviously win! Blaziken and Steelix were beast in hat battle!

Logically, Gery is the strongest.

Think about it, he has all the fully evolved pokemon. Fully evolved pokemon have much higher stats in general.

Like others have said, Ash always gets these super stupid hax. lol
-why am I lol'ing? Its not funny. Thats person.

Heres another example:
(sumerized)

EX 1: Ash VS Norman.
Ash's Grovyle gets hyper beamed into the roof and whatever other hits that Slaking did.
Grovyle gets up and wins.

what? No way...

EX 2 (even bette one)

Ash VS Roark.
Turtwig! Bite Rampdardos's tail! Throw it!
(and actually throws rampardos.)

I hate that ash's pokemon almost never evolve yet he wins all the time.

Ash gets too lucky! I'm suprised that didn't happen in any of the pokemon leagues yet!

I am not it mostly takes two trys to beat people in the confrence he has 1 try and that's it. paul's pokemon just destroy anyones that is why i think paul is the best

I hate that ash's pokemon almost never evolve yet he wins all the time.

It's Ash's old "David vs. Goliath" strategy that's almost always worked for him unless he has out Charizard or Snorlax to battle for him. It just gets too old and repetitive.

Ash can make it seem like his "Lv. 100" Pikachu can pwn just about any pokemon out there but it still gets beaten up badly (Paul's Magmortar and Ursaring pwned it like crazy).

The Power of Three said:
We could also look at the fact that Ash has the best hax on the entire planet. Even better than Lenny's KoH's was.

Chimchar is hit by Hydro Pump
Ash: COMe ON CHIMCHAR! YOU CAN DO IT!

Chimchar gets up slowly
NOW! USE EMBER!
Chimchar uses Ember on Gyarados.
GYARADOS IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! CHIMCHAR IS THE WINNER!

Hahaha, that just made my day. :p

Yeah. In all seriousness, Ash EV trains his Pokemon with friendship and HAX EVs. I have no idea how he does it...X|

Here you go:
No one could understand what made Ash so great. Was it his boyish looks? His charm? The general consensus was that Ash owed his success to his abnormally powerful Pikachu, his first and most trusted Pokemon.

The only Pokemon to have been traveling with Ash since day one, Pikachu has won countless battles for Ash, overcoming seemingly insurmountable odds (such as being frozen solid in a giant stalagmite made of ice and, upon Ash's pleas, shattered the ice and defeated his opponent) time and time again. Modern science called it a miracle. Ash's friends called it love.

Ash called it the AR-9000.

Ash obviously has an AR so he is disqualified, (Is there any other way Dig can hit a Drifblim?) so that leaves Gary and Paul. Gary has had a lot more experience than Paul plus stronger Pokemon. He also was the Champion, (even though it was only for a little while) so Gary is obviously the strongest.

Gary is the strongest hands down. Ash(supposedly the best according to the show) has always been 8-10 steps behind Gary(statistically anyway). All evolved Pokemon (mentioned above). Better Pokemon in general(Blastoise>Pikachu i don't care what you say). Plus he is cooler. And he normally has a parade of cheerleaders following him. In fact i would say that the reason the current Pokemon Anime(if it can even be called that) sucks because of Ash. Ash=suck, TV show centered around Ash = suck.

Gary is stronger because he's been in it longer, but because of Paul's fighting style, he will definitely become strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back