Who is your Favorite Pokemon TCG Illustrator?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I've been wondering for a while now, which illustrators do people find to stand out among the rest, and why?
The Pokemon TCG has had many, many artists, with a lot of factors that differentiate them from the rest. Some make some beautifully cute cards, like Sui. Some have an art style that stands out, like kawayoo and match. Some make really cool looking cards, like PLANETA, and some are...well, some are 5ban, who make some amazing looking cards(M Rayquaza is a gorgeous card IMO), but also make things like Plasma Storm Beartic.

In my opinion I'd have to pick Shizurow as my absolute favorite. Many cards that were made by this artist are absolutely gorgeous, and back when BW era EX's started, before the great Yoshinob uprising of Dragons Exalted, nearly all of them were absolutely gorgeous. Even trainer cards that Shizurow made were beautiful. Just look at this:
156931.jpg

Anyways, let me know what your favorite artist is! Maybe even your least favorite! Either way, I'd love to hear it.

My favourite has to be Ryo Ueda. I am absolutely in love with the art he produces, particularly for FA cards. In particular, I like the colour combinations, the small effects he adds that make a big difference, and most importantly, his shading style. As an artist, its a big inspiration.

My favourite has to be Ryo Ueda. I am absolutely in love with the art he produces, particularly for FA cards. In particular, I like the colour combinations, the small effects he adds that make a big difference, and most importantly, his shading style. As an artist, its a big inspiration.

I wholeheartedly agree. Ueda's Full Art cards are some of the best Ultra Rares I've seen. That shading really is gorgeous.

I don't really have a favourite and I don't generally notice who illustrates what but one thing I did notice in terms of card art is the recent EXs that aren't done in 3D like the rest of them, from Naoki Saito who drew them a little more like the non-EX ones.
180px-LeafeonEXGenerations10.jpg

It's really nice to see something different and I adore the style change to EX cards they put in here.

I really like artists like Kawayoo, Tokiya and match. It's just the way they draw the Pokemon, and the poses, they all just look amazing! I also really like Tomokazu Komiya's artworks, since they always look interesting, and even though they often have a lot going on, they still look good. And finally I like Mitsuhiro Arita, since I really love the realistic type of artworks as well! Yuka Morii and Atsuko Nishida are among my favourites as well, since their artworks are very cute :3

Back