BW/BW2 Why Can't All Gens Be Like Gen 5?

Figured he meant the designs since thats what game designers usually focus on. In terms of game play it wwas cool to. Gen 3 brought 2 teams trying to improve the world and ruin each other plans. Plus the abilities of kyogre and groudon strike fear and power to this day.

Plus the abilities of kyogre and groudon strike fear and power to this day.

Huh?

The Double Battles were a new twist, I admit. In rpg terms, it's a little late to the party, but eh. At least triple battles are actually changing it up a bit.

Sunny day teams are pretty common and rain dance teams are everywhere. In every rain team there is a kyogre who can take advantage of the rain. Point is the regions were all good, some more then others, but still. Gen 5 is now my favorite and i wont try to change anyone elses opinion.

They may be replacing some Pokémon..,
but its not like were never gonna see them again. lol.
I love all the new changes.
Except for the fact that we have to put in 6 Pokémon at a time from gen. 4 games.

Two words

Action

Replay

Why go through the tedious methods just to get your mons?

Oh right, they're prepped and ready to go since you've trained them already....

I hope gen V is a little more challenging and the story is a little bit different than the general pattern has been

That alongside with the great new selection would make this like RBY all over

I had too much hopes for this generation, hoping it would at least get a little bit better since DPPt, but no not really..

I mean the only acceptable one is that garbage Pokemon, and it's garbage?! Some previous released ones are okey, but they screwed up alot on the evolutions..

I miss those days of Red and Blue..

I'm kind of mixed on this generation, some of the pokemon lines are spectacular, like the ancient pokemon, the eagle, and the fire ape line, but a lot of these pokemon look terrible *cough*Dark/Fighting lizard, Garbage, Flatfish, and the Clown line*cough*. [anyone else notice the enlarged bloodvessels on the forehead of the first stage? though the final is pretty awesome]

From a [new] pokemon roster standpoint, I'd say the order would be 1 > 3 > 2 > 5 > 4 only because some of the evolutons are pretty bad (like Wotter's final stage, Gear's, and Chillarmy's) and some of the typings don't make sense (Desukan isn't Ghost/Steel? Ononokusu isn't Dragon/Steel? Clam Ninja is pure bug? Pokemon that look like knights don't have any steel typing?). Heck, most of the legendaries (like the trios) don't even look like they belong with the typing they have. On the flipside, this generation's music has quickly become either my favorite or second favorite (possibly behind Johto's), and I'm loving the plot and more urban feel of the cities.

I'd rate this gen as the best gen for pokemon designs...a lot of these pokemon just seem to inspire something in me (I don't know really how to describe it) whereas many pokemon in the 4th gen...while not anywhere near bad still were only like "Oh ok...", I never thought the third gen would be overtaken (for me) but it has. I really loved the 3rd gen too.

Ranking of Gens:
5 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 4

However the proof will be in the pudding (like actually playing the game)

@Suave Squirtle. Why should Desukaan be Ghost/Steel? It has nothing to do with Steel anyway. It has a horrible pre-evo though..

The Dark/Fighting lizard along with the ''fighting clowns'' are some of the only ones that I like though..

@Pokequaza: Because Sarcophagi were sometimes made of gold, though Ghost/Rock would have worked aswell. It just looks too solid to be pure Ghost, and I totally agree with you on the pre-evo thing, I saw no relevance between the two other than the masks (though the one on the pre-evo is oddly placed) and possibly their colors.

@Suave Squirtle. Sarcophagi were mostly made from limestone or other stones, it could've been possible that they were covered in a thin layer of gold, but the outer coffins never had this kind of decoration.

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't bring back the animated gym leader/elite four/team boss/rival/champion sprites and the Pokémon following you gimmick, but other than I honestly have no complaints. I'm looking forward to next year!

i love alot of the new mons and only hate two of them (the clown nosed fighting line, and the stupid water/fighting horse)
it does bother me that there are SOOO many bug pokemon and pokemon with high attack and/or low speed

i already have my two teams picked out(and for the third game, too. i hope they dont have to change because of version exclusives)

I think gen 6 will be like gen 2 in that it will have evolutions of some pokemon from this generation, i mean who doesn't want to see basuro (spelling) evolve?

Well there's only ONE answer! They must be tiring something new they never taught of!

Gen 5 is pretty terrible competetive play wise. The stats are terrible, it's just too much offense. Were is the walls?

Tyrant Tyranitar- The game screams out "DEATHKAN'S STATS AND MUMMY ABILITY WILL COMPLETELY WALL YOU".. And there are a few more walls too.. Also, I'm not really seeing much of a wall breaker this gen.. Which would make up for the lack of walls. But between gens, competitive play style changes. For example, gen 2 was a bit more stall based. Gen 5 seems to be an offensive game with a bit of tanks and walls thrown in.

And as for why all gens can't be like Gen 5- no idea.. Gen 5 is the perfect gen. Famitsu even gave it the honor of being the 15th ever game to be considered "perfect" by 4 people. Its looking like there will be very few faults!

Ehh, what does Deathkan's ability do anyways? And ehh, I haven't checked the updated stats, last I saw they were all pretty low.

His ability is that when you attack him, you get the mummy ability and he gets your ability. Basically, you lose your ability. So ability dependent pokemon are in trouble!

Back