Why Charizard Works, and Dragapult Fails

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
What’s up guys! It’s Charlie and I’m happy to be back with another article. Since my last article on the power of Noctowl, I’ve expanded my testing to include some of the Stage 2 decks, in particular Charizard ex and Dragapult ex. Both of these decks have seen a lot of hype recently, especially due to their ability to utilize Briar for an extra Prize and the addition of Sparkling Crystal for Dragapult ex. Both of these decks use the familiar Arven engine that was originally popularized last fall...

Continue reading...

Unlucky timing on the headline for sure, but I still stand by the article! Ryuki’s innovation of cutting Pidgeot makes the deck much more consistent. I encourage you to read the article to see why I thought Dragapult with Pidgeot (Zard’s engine copy pasted) was such a bad fit.

I need to say this there was no Zard deck even top 16 🤣 first Zard deck got 20th
And the highest-placing Dragapult-Pidgeot in Dortmund placed 12th.

Not a single Zard deck being in top 8 makes this even funnier to me LMAO
To be fair, there was a Zard in top 8 at Joinville and another 3 cashed. That being said, 2 Dragapult players cashed in Joinville out of the 3 that made Day 2 and more Dragapult players (4) cashed in Dortmund than Zard players (1), despite Zard making up a greater share of the Day 2 meta.

Granted, we’re working from a sample size of two Regionals. There’s still plenty of time for our article author to be vindicated.

Back