why i think platinum will be cut (which is sad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juunkmilk

3nd coming
hokay, so WHY are they printing plus power in HSU if its in platinum?

thats my theory. the whole thing.

heres why it would be sad:

I JUST switched to shuppet
I love platinum as a set
I was looking forward to saying PT-on

...or because they are setting up for HGSS-on after the PL-on season? You can't be sure, and there are 10 different reasons for every theory.

Well i dont think that a reprint of plus power in HSU means no platinum

sure it can happen, but a reprint dont give us enough evidence yet

Bebe's Search was reprinted in Rising Rivals, and was originally from MT. People were anticipating MT to be cut last year. It wasn't.

LORDY JONES said:
oh yeah huh. I'm so good at thought aren't I.

yea...you guys really need to stop jumping to conclusions when it comes to set rotation...it's rather pointless, as you won't know what they are going to rotate, until they do exactly that...you can speculate all you want, but in the end, unless there's some real solid evidence to back your theory...there is really no need to even bother

btw...why would you go with a deck like Shuppet? it happened to catch a few tournies off guard, but once the word got out, the deck was done for...as it is very, very fragile and easily shut down

Soul Seeker said:
They reprinted Potion over9000 times.

WHAT!!! OVER 9000 [/cheese]

but seriously I can see 4 main possibility's SF-on PL-on RR-on or HGSS-on

SF and RR only get mention due to the fact that platinum supposedly (I've not seen the proof but its not unlikely) that SF and PL contain cards from 2 japanese sets between them, so it'd be SF on to keep both JP sets or RR to remove them both,

PL-on because most people think it makes sense, there hundreds of mini reasons even if the format would be majorly unbalanced and SP's would run rampant unless theres a new counter or 2 created

and HGSS-on the only reason I could see this happening is to wipe all Lv.X's out of the format at once, but this would severely diminish the usable card pool and make certain new strategy's (see lost link) pointless.

Platinum can rotate out and then we lose BTS. I've seen more "I'm going second and I win" donks occur because of BTS than I care to count.

Sorry, but I don't want another YEAR of it.

nardd said:
...or because they are setting up for HGSS-on after the PL-on season? You can't be sure, and there are 10 different reasons for every theory.

Yeah. This new set seems as if they are setting it up for when the decide to ban PL in the future. Pokemon has let us work with several sets, I don't think that they'll limit it to only a handful of sets.

I HOPE they drop Platinum. I HOPE HOPE HOPE.

With SP's out of the format, the new teir 1 decks will be;

Anything Flygon
Anything evolution.

qnetykz said:
yea...you guys really need to stop jumping to conclusions when it comes to set rotation...it's rather pointless, as you won't know what they are going to rotate, until they do exactly that...you can speculate all you want, but in the end, unless there's some real solid evidence to back your theory...there is really no need to even bother

btw...why would you go with a deck like Shuppet? it happened to catch a few tournies off guard, but once the word got out, the deck was done for...as it is very, very fragile and easily shut down

Just as a semi reply as i agree with Qnetykz here, make realistic conclusions and here are my predictions for Set rotation-

DP-on, 99.99 sure it won't be this as they said they would rotate this year.

LA-on, Hard for me to say yes too, but they could be changing and allowing sets 3 years of rotation in format.

PL-on, I think it will be this one, the main problem is Drapion LV.X w/out Drapion in play, again i think this is the one that "the players want" as this is logical and keeps decks alive and not breaking up a segment.

SV-on, This would mean a MASSIVE cut in sets but it would stick with the two years in format rule.

HGSS-on, I think this will be the format not this year, but the coming year, right now it would be somewhat inconsistent but with the cards out right now bears akin to EX format in terms of supporters.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Just as a semi reply as i agree with Qnetykz here, make realistic conclusions and here are my predictions for Set rotation-

DP-on, 99.99 sure it won't be this as they said they would rotate this year.

LA-on, Hard for me to say yes too, but they could be changing and allowing sets 3 years of rotation in format.

PL-on, I think it will be this one, the main problem is Drapion LV.X w/out Drapion in play, again i think this is the one that "the players want" as this is logical and keeps decks alive and not breaking up a segment.

SV-on, This would mean a MASSIVE cut in sets but it would stick with the two years in format rule.

HGSS-on, I think this will be the format not this year, but the coming year, right now it would be somewhat inconsistent but with the cards out right now bears akin to EX format in terms of supporters.

I actually agree with you a bit on the LA-on rotation...considering that when the rotation after the DP sets were released, there were still some EX sets remaining in the format...but I think that's just wishful thinking, being that it looks as though the game is steering towards a slowing drawing direction, and keeping Uxie in the format doesn't really help that...I think SF-on would be more probable, it will still leave Drapion Lv. X with lower stages to be used...and not leave it the only card in the format that is unable to be used...now while that would leave Machamp to run rampant on SPs and Gengar to wreck havok on alot, SPs would still have their Cyrus' engine and would still have their full payload of SPs to play with, not to mention they would still be faster due to not having to worry about drawing as much

PT-on is also another highly probable rotation...as it removes the D&P sets from the format, therefore eliminating a total block...the Japanese opening Platinum set is also the set they rotated to in Japan, and it is highly speculated that POP is trying to get an even rotation with the Japanese market...however, that still brings me back to the Drapion Lv. X issue...last year, I speculated no rotation due to certain cards not be able to be used (Rhyperior Lv. X comes to mind)...I don't believe that POP wants cards that are available for use, to be left with no way to be used...so while I do believe this is the most probable rotation, I'm not exactly sure if it will be a PT-on rotation

RR-on...this is one I've been thinking about lately, as it eliminates the D&P block, doesn't leave any cards unable to be used even though they are available to be used...and will even the playing field a bit more between EVOs and SPs, by cutting out the SPs coveted Cyrus engine...it still leaves some SPs and some of the SP specific supporters...it helps to keep the format going into the slower drawing direction that it seems to be heading towards

your SV-on theory is kinda screwed though, being that D&P has been in the format longer than 2 years...not only that, rotating anything beyond RR seems more and more improbable as you creep more towards HGSS with HGSS-on being nearly illogical for this year's rotation...limiting more cards is much more stifling to an already mostly uncreative playing populace, and can easily upset others into making them want to quit the game, which is bad business sense...plus, that would mean we would have rotated past the japanese, given they don't rotate to their equivalent set...so I highly doubt that it will rotate upto that far

TheBreen said:
Platinum can rotate out and then we lose BTS. I've seen more "I'm going second and I win" donks occur because of BTS than I care to count.

Sorry, but I don't want another YEAR of it.

Um yeh... cause stage 2 donk decks don't just use candy... BTS is my favorite card thats the only reason I don't want it cut, otherwise no more SP and no future lost zone deck. (asides from Gengar prime)

I don't think platinum will be rotated out this quickly. I mean, we just started getting HGSS stuff, and i don't think DP has even been rotated yet. So why Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back