Why Kingdra prime?

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
So I've had 4 Kingdra primes on my trade list for months now. Never got any hits on them at all. And now all the sudden I get several trade offers for them at once. Whats the deal? Is it in some kind of new cool deck? Probably with Yanmega, since that seems to be the up-and-coming pokemon.

amisheskimoninja said:
So I've had 4 Kingdra primes on my trade list for months now. Never got any hits on them at all. And now all the sudden I get several trade offers for them at once. Whats the deal? Is it in some kind of new cool deck? Probably with Yanmega, since that seems to be the up-and-coming pokemon.
Most likely the over hyped Yanmega/Kingdra....

Yeah, KingdraYanmegaJirachi.. the basic premise is to snipe and snipe then Jirachi devolves them as a kick in their nuts. Deck should fold to stuff that doesn't evolve like Zekrom based decks.

^Not with the right techs.

As others have said, its because of Kingmega hype.

Magnezone: $7-10
>Magnerock won
Magnezone: $18-24
>Rotation imminent:
Magnezone: $60
>Magnezone not faring so well
Magnezone: $40

Kingdra: $15
>Kingdra worked
Kingdra: $15+ (20?)

Yanmega: $7-10
>Rotation
Yanmega: $15-20
>Canada's nationals
Yanmega: $20-22
>Yanmega shits on everything at US nats
Yanmega: $60 ALL ABOARD THE BANDWAGON

everything pretty much doubled in price after rotation. if it did well, it's expensive. if it didn't, it's not expensive. that simple.....

Yeah, its all because of Kingdra/Yanmega/Jirachi, which works as a very good deck.

There was a bit of it. I only played one though, but it did well in Masters.

Darkvoid57 said:
Everything is extremely inflated at Nats.

How much was Kingdra at Nats?

I didn't really pay attention. Thursday was crazy. All of a sudden half the people there decided "hey, Yanmega is good." I was debating between Yanmega and Magneboar several weeks before, but I stuck with Magneboar and did fairly well. It doesn't have the speed that Yanmega variants have, but if it can get set up reasonably fast there's no stopping it.

I find it funny that before Nats, Kingdra was about $10. Then after Nats it only went up by about 5-7 bucks while Yanmega got like a $50 price increase. That was pretty funny imo. Oh yeah, Magnezone went down abotu $20 as well.

when catcher comes out the prices will drop. If i was you I will trade those Kingdra and stock up on Zekrom stuff

Well everyone is already assuming its some hyped Yanmega variant with Kingdra. I think it has more to do with hype involving possibly Mandibuzz. The two cards have perfect synergy.

Because kingdra yanmega is a proven deck that did well in both Canadian and U.S. nationals.

Darkvoid57 said:
Everything is extremely inflated at Nats.

How much was Kingdra at Nats?

on the last day (sunday) it was at $18.

I traded my magnezone away knowing it would go down. it felt bad at the time but I planned it out and it ended up going according to plan. with how well yanmega did, that would be the only thing staying so high. I got a bunch of other cards I knew will be good next format for the magnezone :)

I'm trying to get more kingdra myself, but it's not even for a yanmega deck...I don't wanna make a yanmega deck lol that's what the majority of people are doing, and if everyone does the same thing then this game would get boring.

Ghost Bear said:
I'm trying to get more kingdra myself, but it's not even for a yanmega deck...I don't wanna make a yanmega deck lol that's what the majority of people are doing, and if everyone does the same thing then this game would get boring.

Are you trying to say this game wasn't boring that previous format where 3/4 of the people at tournaments were running luxchomp?

Project696 said:
Are you trying to say this game wasn't boring that previous format where 3/4 of the people at tournaments were running luxchomp?

uhh....no. and 3/4 is alright....I was just saying I'm part of that smaller percentage trying to make rogue decks to keep this game lively :) but anywho, back on topic....:

with kingdra, I like the idea floating around with vileplume/kingdra/spinarak...however, it's going to be significantly harder when people stop running babies thanks to catcher leaving them extremely vulnerable to an easy prize....and kyurem....but it still could work and still could be a fun league deck. I also like it as a 1-1-1 tech in a vileplume/beartic deck. just off to the side for after you're set up. secondary attacker if things go bad.

Ghost Bear said:
uhh....no. and 3/4 is alright....I was just saying I'm part of that smaller percentage trying to make rogue decks to keep this game lively :) but anywho, back on topic....:

with kingdra, I like the idea floating around with vileplume/kingdra/spinarak...however, it's going to be significantly harder when people stop running babies thanks to catcher leaving them extremely vulnerable to an easy prize....and kyurem....but it still could work and still could be a fun league deck. I also like it as a 1-1-1 tech in a vileplume/beartic deck. just off to the side for after you're set up. secondary attacker if things go bad.

Viva Rogue!!

Back