Wigglytuff Discussion

With the upcoming Pyroar absorbing all attacks from basics, a Wigglytuff line in a standard Xerneas fairy build might not be a bad idea. Muscle band + double edge takes out pesky pyroar without having to adjust the deck too much.

pokedan24 said:
With the upcoming Pyroar absorbing all attacks from basics, a Wigglytuff line in a standard Xerneas fairy build might not be a bad idea. Muscle band + double edge takes out pesky pyroar without having to adjust the deck too much.

I would rather run a 1-1 line of glaceon PLF then drop 5+ energy in the discard with wigglytuff.

Glaceon would work in a deck using rainbow energy, but I've been having fun with straight fairies (just fairy and colorless attackers). In such a deck, Wigglytuff would be the best anti Pyroar card. And you wouldn't need 5 energy, just 3 and a muscle band.

If it's pyroar versus wigglytuff it's more of a prize trade off if your dealing dmg to yourself for a ko, and I think pyroar would win more over just due to a pokemon versus a supporter for energy to attack setup they don't have to drop an attack for a turn to setup. But what about your other matchups that don't play pyroar?

Not discrediting the fact in liking to play wigglytuff or straight fairies, something even like eevee's or anything at stage 1-2 that can be dropped and played for 1 energy is the best answer/option against pyroar.

Back