Wild Blaze Set Discussion

Actually new Dusknoir may be a substitute, you can Max Potion him and take out all of the Damage Counters, Meowstic is a new Dusknoir but not that good. Maybe a Duskonir (B&W)/ Dusknoir (XY)/ Gourgeist deck may be good.

I am looking foward to buy 2 Booster Boxes of this new set, I want that M-Kangaskhan SR!

Pokémon Fan Club may help Big Basics Decks.

Pyroar... will DESTROY, SMASH TDK and VirGen, as they only use Basic.

You can Life Dew a Milotic, that would be great.

Eron said:
Pyroar... will DESTROY, SMASH TDK and VirGen, as they only use Basic.
And Darkrai, and Yveltal, and Rayquaza, and Snorlax, and Keldeo, and EVERY FREAKING EX ALIVE (except for Mega).

Just the fact that this card EXISTS is giving me hope for this year. TDK can't afford to run its uber-consistent line of basics only, VirGen has to tech something awfully strange (Abomasnow), Dark decks need to grab Zoroark again (and once again reduce their efficiency), Keldeo needs a backup attacker. All the meta decks will be toned down to meet this new challenge. Best part? Pyroar doesn't even suck, for 1 fire and 1 DCE he can do 60 and possibly 90. That's not bad at all.

Keldeo needs a backup attacker.
Blastoise. Or the new Milotic.

Atually, I am thinking in adding it to my Keldeo/Blastoise deck when it comes out.

Pyroar is bloody amazing, and I myself will absolutely be playing at least a 2-1 line in RayBoar over Reshiram.

However! Evolved Pokémon aren't imperative to beating it...
  • RayBoar can Shred it with Baby Ray
  • Fairy Trans can play Giratina EX for Shred as well
  • VirGen doesn't even care because G-Booster
  • Garbodor shuts down the Ability anyway
Blastoise will have to attack to kill it, which isn't that big of an issue, it's just a pain. If you're playing Blastoise right you should have another on the bench anyway.
The only thing Pyroar really locks up is the straight-up Darkai/Yveltal deck.

All this in mind, it is still a phenomenal card that every player should try to predict the Pyroar when paying against a deck that might potentially play it. Or simply, kill the Litleo before it's too late.

RE: XY Flashfire decks/game-breaking cards

Elbow said:
- Lysandre better than, equal to, or worse than Pokémon catcher?

It's slightly worse because the old Catcher was an item card, so you could use it and still play a draw supporter such as Juniper or N. With Lysandre, it's a supporter, so if you use that then you can't use any other supporters, OR if you use another supporter and draw a Lysandre, you can't use it (with the exception of Magnezone Dual Brains)

If Magnezone Dual Brains becomes a good card next set, so will Lysandre. It will be the new Catcher. As for other decks, I don't really think it will be a popular card.

RE: XY Flashfire decks/game-breaking cards

pokeblogger678 said:
Elbow said:
- Lysandre better than, equal to, or worse than Pokémon catcher?

It's slightly worse because the old Catcher was an item card, so you could use it and still play a draw supporter such as Juniper or N. With Lysandre, it's a supporter, so if you use that then you can't use any other supporters, OR if you use another supporter and draw a Lysandre, you can't use it (with the exception of Magnezone Dual Brains)

If Magnezone Dual Brains becomes a good card next set, so will Lysandre. It will be the new Catcher. As for other decks, I don't really think it will be a popular card.

Indeed, Genesect is the new catcher. With the obvious exception that you have to run a plasma energy at least.

Back