Will Ash ever go to the Sinnoh Battle Frontier?

GroudonKing

FC: 2365•4956•3217
I mean, the closest they've ever gotten into mentioning the Sinnoh Battle Frontier was when Paul said he was going to compete in the Battle Frontier but I find it kind of strange that Ash isn't competing. I was even looking forward to seeing Thornton in the Animé. :(

The closest is when palmer came into the scene in season 12. Just like the other thread i will state this there is no time none at all.

Im sure the writers probably intended to let ash go battle them...,
But the show was running out of time.
They had to move on to Best Wishes.
Im glad he got to atleast battle palmer though.

I blame the overwhelming amount of filler for the lack of time.

Then again, they were strictly following DP and not platinum all this time. What with Candice still having a medicham and all. And DP doesn't have battle frontier so....

I have a theory...

You know how Best Wishes is supposedly "fast-paced"? If that arc ends fast enough, there will probably be a lot of time left before the next-gen. Ash could go to the Sinnoh Frontier then. After all, he didn't do the kanto one right after losing at the Indigo league or whatever it was called. And I know that was because the idea for the Battle Frontier wasn't made yet, but still

What would be the point of going to a place that was introduced last gen?

And he didn't go to the kanto frontier because

1. There's no such thing

2. That was based off the Hoenn frontier for the release of Pokemon Emerald, which is supposed to be IN the hoenn region.

3. Frontiers didn't exist back then.

of course he wont go to the SINNOH battle frontier, there is no time for it and why would he go back to sinnoh in later generations. he probably will go to future battle frontiers in an anime arc that isnt 99%filller

Back