BW/BW2 Will Isshu feature the normal 8 Gyms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pvt.Politoed said:
And yeah, thought no one can catch em all, if they include all 600+ in the nat'l dex..
I have all 493 in my Japanese copy of HeartGold (all legit). How much harder would it really be to get 100 - 150 more?

Yeah, I didn't like Pokémon Ranger but I really liked Pokémon MD.. I think its awesome that me, the player, is a Pokémon instead of just a human controlling Pokémons...

What I think they might do, is have the plot go through the gym thing but not have the gyms be necessary. If you want to do extra, you can do the gyms when you get to them and after you beat the game, go to the elite four.

I doubt they would EVER scrap something so central. {F}

They're changing everything else, and I'm fine with it. I'm also fine with the gyms not being central. But I would like them to still be THERE, in case you decide you WANT to go and get some badges.

It's a compromise. {F}

The aim of the game is for this to happen (other than to catch them all!) So I wouldn't beleive it. I mean... what would the point be? Just to keep roaming Isshu looking for Pokemon or treasure finding?? Also, it isn't guaranteed thats the whole of the new reigon... but a sneek peak of the map.. Y'know?

howelllawson said:
I have all 493 in my Japanese copy of HeartGold (all legit). How much harder would it really be to get 100 - 150 more?

Wow! I guess different strokes for different folks, I'm not much into "catching em' all!"

Metalizard said:
Yeah, I didn't like Pokémon Ranger but I really liked Pokémon MD.. I think its awesome that me, the player, is a Pokémon instead of just a human controlling Pokémons...

Exactly. There's more emotional concepts. I don't know if the classic pokemon games would mix very well with that, though... Maybe MD and classics should be kept sepperate

AkaiMidoriAoi said:
A little change wouldn't hurt (would it?)

If they do a good job, then yes ;) just gotta hope they won't flop it.

s2daam said:
The aim of the game is for this to happen (other than to catch them all!) So I wouldn't beleive it. I mean... what would the point be? Just to keep roaming Isshu looking for Pokemon or treasure finding?? Also, it isn't guaranteed thats the whole of the new reigon... but a sneek peak of the map.. Y'know?

Yep indeed, smart cookie ;)
Though I wonder if the Pokemon Team can come up with some other fun ideas, as well as gyms.

Pvt.Politoed said:
Hmm yeah, It'd be nice for Bug and Dark to get on the gym scene D: they haven't gotten any love.

Thry get love. Azalea town got a Bug Gym, and Dark got an elite 4. That's way better than a gym.

Anyway, I like the Gyms, but a change might be nice.

sturtle said:
Thry get love. Azalea town got a Bug Gym, and Dark got an elite 4. That's way better than a gym.

Anyway, I like the Gyms, but a change might be nice.

True, but there should be an OPTION for people who LIKE to do gyms to get badges.

Majora_787 said:
True, but there should be an OPTION for people who LIKE to do gyms to get badges.

You've said that at least 3 times by now, we get your point.

Anyway, I think that if they stressed on certain types being the "best" that the order of the gyms' types wouldn't matter. With there being less ubers and semi-ubers of a certain type(s) parties would be more varied.

Like the matter brought up earlier about there not being enough weak Dark types. The top types are usually considered to be Dark, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, and sometimes Steel, Ice, or Fire. Lets say they make some "just okay" pokemon with one or more of those types, or maybe release some real bad-arses of the less used types like Grass, Bug, Fighting, Rock, Ground, Poison, and Normal. Then all rosters in the game have more variety, and a situation like Flint's Elite Four Team in D/P will not arise again.

I would like to see a Normal/Ghost type or a Normal/Fighting type myself (Other than Normal/Flying types, only Girafarig and Bibarel have the Normal type as well as another type. I actually thought Girafarig was just Psychic; I could have sworm my Emerald or Platinum game said it was o.o)

I'm actually starting to hope there won't be any gyms in Black and White.
It's about time they change the whole 'battling gym leaders to become the ultimate Pokemon master' thing.
There should be an entirely different setting for these new Pokemon games. Leveling up my Pokemon for hours just to match the gym leader's strongest Pokemon was boring and annoying anyways. X_x

ManhattanTheStarr said:
I'm actually starting to hope there won't be any gyms in Black and White.
It's about time they change the whole 'battling gym leaders to become the ultimate Pokemon master' thing.
There should be an entirely different setting for these new Pokemon games. Leveling up my Pokemon for hours just to match the gym leader's strongest Pokemon was boring and annoying anyways. X_x

Take that back right now!

Seriously though. Speculating about the gym leaders and the types they use (as well as the Pokemon League) is one of my favorite things about new generations. Getting rid of the gyms would kill me a little bit inside.

Well think about it, they could be adding something better than going through gyms and collecting badges.
I wouldn't mind for them to keep the gyms, but I would like something new. :>

I think it would be kind of cool to not have gym's for the first time. Having a storyline basically focusing on other things could be good as long as it's not stupid, like chasing Team Rocket around. IDK if anyone mentioned it, but, didn't that rumor guy say that different choices affect your experience. Maybe like joining the new bad guys will change the storyline, while refusing to join them will give you the normal gameplay we're used to.

I think this is what may happen:

There don't seem to be any big cities in Isshu other than Hiun (which is really odd) so there are gyms or gym-like places in random areas around the region, like a Ground place in the middle of the desert and a Steel gym in the theme park, but you don't get a badge of any kind from each one. Instead the gym-like places are merely obstacles in the storyline, similar to Pokemon Colosseum.

This is a terrible idea and it would be so awkwardly unlike any of the previous games. I'm on the verge of saying if the game was like this it would not be fun for me, but that would be a lie. It will be fun no matter what. I mean it is Pokemon.

hopefully, the Isshu region gyms would be (in order)

Bug
Fire
Poison
Grass
Flying
Psychic
Ground
Dark

Even if the game was more focused on the plot, there might still be Gyms as a side plot like Pokemon Contests.

Or maybe there will be ranked trainers you need to beat instead of gym leaders? (like that cheron guy)

It's probably safe to assume their will be gyms until told otherwise though.

I can almost guarantee there are gyms in these games, because in one of the short tv movies, i heard the gym music, when the character was in the yellow room, with the elastic yellow honey, or what it is?
It would also be very redicolous to remove the hole keypoint in the hole pokémon-world, that is the 8 gyms, so i am 99,9% sure, that they won't remove the gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back