Will the lost mini set be released in U.S.A. and will it change the tcg for the better?

S

skuntanklock

I was reading the mini set and was worried and excited about that set coming to the usa will it and will it be a good thing if it does?

RE: will the lost mini set be released in usa and will it change the tcg for the better

It's official. Gengar and lost world will (most likely) be printed. Have you looked at the fliers for the Prerelease? It says that Gengar prime is in the next set, along with game changing stadiums. (Which one is assumed to be Lost World, and the other the Indigo Plateau that increases Pokemon Legend's HP.) IDK about you, but Lost world is pretty game changing.

As for the what will happen once it does get printed:

PLEASE NOT THAT THE FOLLOWING IS MY OPINION

I don't think it's as bad as people think it is. Gengar prime is way too slow, and your opponent doesn't always have a pokemon in his/her hand. *Waits for a troll to come up with something to counter that statement* (And yes, I'm aware of Hunter) Plus, with the new 30+3 time rule, you'll fall behind on prizes (since Gengar doesn't take prizes) and you'll lose by time.

As for Lost World Stadium in general, it's just another way to win. You don't complain about the decking out rule, do you? Then what's your problem with this? It's just something more to work around. Don't complain about something because it hurts your deck. Work around it.

RE: will the lost mini set be released in usa and will it change the tcg for the better

there will be alot of people who will try out the new lost world way of winning. gengar prime mew prime will all be highly sought after.
personally, i think its pretty fun and a new way to play the game. of course not everyone will like lost world, but its just a new way to play and it adds to the fun

to add to that, I believe that people should be more worried about DPL than Gengar/lost world, because DPL is MUCH faster!!! (I know because I played against DPL, and by the 6th turn, I had 10 prizes!)

true that DPL adds prizes but gengar prime will just own him since he doesnt even need to take prizes lol

gengar prime only works against decks that utilize stage 2 pokemon or lv x.
gengar prime is utterly useless against quick basic and stage 1 decks as they will always put down all the basics they and will only search out for evolutions when they need it. they will almost never have any pokemon in hand. the most you can do is hunter them x4, but gengar does no damage if ur up against their main attacker belted.

.. gengar prime work's against any deck, if you don't have a basic how are you supposed to play the card, if I knock out half your legend how are you going to play it out? really.

no it's not going to be fun, auto loss is bs, hench why yugioh's kinda boring. It might stagnate game play for awhile but It won't have any long lasting effect's. cya

ogeray - I can hunter 8 times a game.... x4 hunter + x4 VS Seeker. Also, are you only going to run 6 basics in your deck so that you never have a single one in your hand?

which presupposes that you can do without 8 turns of supporters, while your opponent is dealing damage every turn.

Gengar Prime, slow? Hello Mew Prime. The whole hype about Lost Zone is not about Gengar, it's about Mew. It's dominating Japan and will probably do the same else where. Quoting myself:

I think the only cards that would matter competitively are Gengar Prime, Mew Prime and Lost World. The other cards make good rogue decks and that's about it.

T1 start with Mew, attach energy, attack which sends Gengar to Lost Zone. T2 attach energy, use Gengar's attack and send two Pokemon from your opponent's hand to the Lost Zone. Too ideal? Think about this: By removing your opponent's Pokemon, you are disrupting him. If he tries to keep his Pokemon safe by shuffling them away or discarding them, he is also limiting his own options. Secondly if he kills you, which won't be too hard since Mew Prime only has 60 HP, you can easily send another one up because you probably use Pokemon Collector on T1/2, and you'd have a bunch of Combees and Pokemon Rescue. Then, since you die so easily and your opponent's hope is to keep killing you, you will always be behind on prizes meaning Twins will always be effective. You can abuse this to search for more Hunters, Mews, Uxies, Twins and whatever. Thirdly while this is going on you'll be setting a Gengar on your bench so if Lost World fails, you put 4 damage counters across the field and Compound Pain the living hell out of the unfortunate soul.

And since the deck is relatively simple you have a ton of space for more broken cards like Lost Remover (aka Energy Removal Reborn mk.ii Ultra), or heck Cyrus's Initiative.

Will it change the metagame? Yes. Will it change it for the better? No. It's another poorly thought about mechanic that will bring in another BDIF.

and what happens when your opponent has no pokemon in hand? IE. grass decks that utilize sunflora's sunshine grace and donkphan.
i used my gengar prime/mew prime against both these decks and the opponent never had a pokemon card in hand. bad luck? maybe. anything i can do about it? Nope. the strategy is too one directional, and if your stuck, ur just bait while ur opponent attacks u every turn.
60hp mew....death
130 hp gengar.... slower death

dont forget that you can always play other gengar with the gengar prime just as a tech to get rid of luxray gls and stuff.

That's what Hunter is for. As I've said while Mew is easy to die, it's not a bad thing because you can then abuse Twins. Mew/Gengar decks are strong because they require virtually no set-up, and and so much room to tech in cards if they do encounter difficulty.

well... ummm... let's see...

there is hunter obviously.

there is VS seeker.

there is a MR. Mime coming out that allows me to look at your hand every turn.
there is a spiritomb coming out that allows me to force you to shuffle and draw exactly 6 cards. not UP TO, exactly 6 cards.

there is the fact that if you decide to play down all your 50-60hp basic pokemons on your bench than I can just crobat drop/spread around the dmg and lost zone all your bench.

have fun insisting that gengar is bad.

oh and the whole going behind in prizes thing, that's great, it just allows me to abuse twins if I feel like it. do you think you can take enough prizes off of a 140hp pokemon before I can get 6 pokes in the lost zone?

have fun.

The biggest problem with a lost world gengar deck is that you are spending too much time worrying about what the opponent has and how you can change it that you sacrifice your own set up. For instance everyone says that they can Hunter 4 times and use VS seeker, the problem is that you are only playing hunter and not any other supporter for set up so best case scenario you win in 6 turns. Not to mention every card frodus mentioned Spritiomb, Mr. mime, crobat g all are very vulnerable to luxray gl alone. Plus whose to say I wont start teching weavile g which easily one shots gengar and mew. Then after all that you still need to draw a Lost World stadium.

I'm not going to be arrogant and sit here and say gengar wont work because it certainly can, but it is not anywhere in the realm of an easy match for either player.

well, with the new set, twins will also be available.
since gengar doesnt really focus on KOs, you'll be able to use twins all the time to get your lost world and hunters out.
as for survival, rescue energy helps you out so you can have another gengar prime/lv x ready to go

Back