ORAS Will There Be New Gym Leaders/Elite Four?

We might get the same trainers but the teams will be formatted for 6th gen Pokemon this time. Last time they were formatted for gen 3 Pokemon so we got those teams. That is why we got them that way last time. That will definitely change XD.:)

I honestly think we are going to have the same gym leaders and E4 from ruby and sapphire, but with changes on their teams considering they are three more gen of pokemon since the ruby and sapphire days, but I also think we are going to have some new features for the post game considering that every time a remake or just a sequel comes out, they add some new areas, characters and in this time they are adding new megas or maybe some new forms

xxashxx said:
We might get the same trainers but the teams will be formatted for 6th gen Pokemon this time. Last time they were formatted for gen 3 Pokemon so we got those teams. That is why we got them that way last time. That will definitely change XD.:)

I really don't understand what you're talking about.

If you're saying that their teams will be changed to include 6th gen Pokemon, then there is zero chance of that happening. Its been shown that the Hoenndex is being updated by like 9 Pokemon (all of which are pre/evolutions of Hoenn Pokemon). There are no 6th gen (or 5th, or 4th minus evolutions/prevolutions) Pokemon in the dex, and Gym Leaders/E4 only use Pokemon that are in their regional dex. (which is why a few of them had teams that weren't exclusively their type in D/P)

There could be a chance that a couple trainers get small updates, but for the most part they'll pretty much stay the same. (a couple of examples I can think of would be Tate and Liza using Gardevoir and Gallade, and Glacia getting a Froslass)

What I am saying is now that we have more Pokemon than from the previous 3rd generation that there will be a mix of Pokemon from gen 3 and gen 6 as well. The teams will not be the same like before. Don't expect the exact same Pokemon for their teams XD.:)

xxashxx said:
What I am saying is now that we have more Pokemon than from the previous 3rd generation that there will be a mix of Pokemon from gen 3 and gen 6 as well. The teams will not be the same like before. Don't expect the exact same Pokemon for their teams XD.:)

Except the 6th generation Pokemon look like they aren't gonna be in this game at all.

aug_p04_07_en_kms.jpg

Salamence's dex number went up by 9 points. That's how many new Pokemon are gonna be placed in the dex.
And guess how many pre/evolutions are related to Hoenn Dex Pokemon
-Budew
-Roserade
-Gallade
-Probopass
-Magnezone
-Dusknoir
-Chingling
-Rhyperior
-Froslass

Considering these would obviously get priority over anything else, it seems impossible that there will be anything else in ORAS that weren't in the originals.

And since Gym Leaders only use Pokemon in their respective regional dex, and there are no 6th gen Pokemon in the Hoenn regional dex, then thats pretty much as simple as 1+1=2.

Aw crud. I thought they were formatting for gen 6 XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Aw crud. I thought they were formatting for gen 6 XD.:)

Nah. I wouldn't be surprised if the team rosters didn't change at all from the originals, except from
-Tate and Liza using Gardevoir/Gallade, since they're gender-counterparts and kinda fit the twins
-Glacia getting a Froslass, since its been confirmed that Phoebe's team is being upgraded to include a Dusknoir then hopefully they'll at least switch one of Glacia's Glalie for a Froslass. (although she's still only using Snorunt/Spheal lines :/)

Seems weird they are keeping the teams almost identical to the previous games. You would think they would make things a bit tougher like they have been doing the last 7 years or so.:)

Sometimes they change the teams a little in third versions like Emerald and Platinum, but in remakes they stay the same as they originally were.

The exceptions are Clair getting a Kingdra in HGSS, Phoebe getting a Dusknoir in ORAS and presumably Glacia getting Froslass, because those peoples' teams were irritatingly repetitive and they had/have the option to change them with the available Pokemon in the region.

Back