• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

WIll you help a noobie? Bearplume

Cosbykid

Aspiring Trainer
Hi . I just started getting interested in the Pokemon TCG game. I have been competitive battling on wifi for 1 1/2 years now so I am not a pokemon noob I have been playing for 10 years. I discovered the TCGO game while surfing youtube and that is how I got interested in the TCG. When I was first looking at the new cards Beartic looked really cool (sheer cold one) so I researched it and it looked like a fun deck to make. I have been looking at some examples and I have an idea of what I want. Now remember I play TCGO so I can only get BW cards and HGSS cards. I was kind of thinking this:

4-4 Beartic (sheer cold Noble Victories)
3-2-2 Vileplume lock (HGSS)
2-2-2 Reuniclus (Emerging Powers)
1 Cleffa (Call of Legends
2 Zekrom (Black and white)
1 Kyurem

25 pokes

Trainers/Supporters

3 Rare Candies
3 PONT
3 Pokémon Comm
3 Professor Elms Training method
3 Pokemon Collectors
3 Cheren
2 Juniper
1 Flower Shop
21 Trainers

Energies

2 rainbow
4 DCE

8 Water

14 Energy

60 Cards.

Things that I would like to try:

Zoroark
Dodrio

Try to see if you could maybe fit those in as a suggestion

I'm just kind of curious about your opinion. Please remember I am a noob. I will take any suggestions.

I guess the strategy for this deck is to get UP vileplume as fast as possible to lock trainers. Reuniclus can move Beartic's Damage to Zekrom for max outrage. This deck might be kind of slow if I don't have the draw on my side but when I do I think it is very frustrating to play against. Cleffa to start to get all the cards that I need in my hand.

heres what i would do(btw i ran a deck like this at one time)
-1 cleffa(two aren't really needed)
-2 water energy(you dont need 10)

+2 juniper(late game, if you have trainers in your hands this will help)
+1 flower shop lady(just in case you need some recovery)
+1 reshiram/kyurem(i would recommend kyurem, but if you cant get one reshiram is still good, this is to put more damage on for outrage)
Other cards i would recommend:
Cheren(more draw)
Seeker(to get damage off the board)
Heres my list for reference http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-bearplume

DarknessGrace said:
heres what i would do(btw i ran a deck like this at one time)
-1 cleffa(two aren't really needed)
-2 water energy(you don't need 10)

+2 juniper(late game, if you have trainers in your hands this will help)
+1 flower shop lady(just in case you need some recovery)
+1 reshiram/kyurem(i would recommend kyurem, but if you cant get one reshiram is still good, this is to put more damage on for outrage)
Other cards i would recommend:
Cheren(more draw)
Seeker(to get damage off the board)
Heres my list for reference http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-bearplume

Hey man thank you very much!! It really means a lot! I will definatley take a look at your suggestions!

pokemonjoe said:
Definitely need 3 solosis. They are major catcher bait. Why do you need the rainbows?

The rainbows are there for an emergency like EX: Oddish has a call for family attack where you can grap a {G} pokemon from your deck and it requires one {G} energy to use. Do you have any better suggestions for the four spots?

iisnumber12 said:
if your running reuniclus you don't need 4 beartics

This deck is based off of a beartic sweep. I know your idea of having four beartic is to much because that is bench space wasted. I might try 3 because I need atleast 2 bench spaces open for Vileplume and Reuniclus.

It's too situational to be effective. Try going with more a Truth aproach. lmk if you like a truth approach to this deck and I will help you.

pokemonjoe said:
It's too situational to be effective. Try going with more a Truth aproach. lmk if you like a truth approach to this deck and I will help you.

Umm I'm not quite sure what LMK meeans?

4-4 Beartic (sheer cold Noble Victories)
3-2-2 Vileplume lock (HGSS)
2-2-2 Reuniclus (Emerging Powers)
1 Cleffa (Call of Legends
2 Zekrom (Black and white)
1 Kyurem

3 Rare Candies
3 PONT
3 Pokémon Comm
3 Professor Elms Training method
3 Pokemon Collectors
3 Cheren
2 Juniper
1 Flower Shop
21 Trainers

2 rainbow
4 DCE
8 Water

I like your list. For the most part, it is very similar to mine that I ran at regionals. I playtested with my list a lot, and it works fabulously. Here's what I suggest:

- 1 Beartic EP (You run Flower Shop Lady)
- 2 Cheren (This deck only needs one)
- 2 Professor Elm's Training Method
- 2 Zekrom (For Kyurem)
- 2 Rainbow (You don't need them anywhere in here)

+1 Water Energy (For Kyurem and Beartic)
+2 Kyurem (Early Game Spreading can be crucial for cheap KOs.)
+1 Solosis (In case one of yours gets Catchered)
+1 N (For Disruption)
+2 Twins (In case you get behind...which trust me, happens a lot.)
+2 Sage's Training (To get what you want and trash what you don't)

Here it is:
Pokemon:
3-2-2 Vileplume
3-2-2 Reuniclus
2-2 Beartic
1 Cleffa
1 Pichu
2 Reshiram
1 Terrakion
1 Kyurem
1-1 Blissey

Trainers:
4 Twins
3 PONT
3 Sage's Training
3 Rare Candy
4 Collector
4 Communication
2 N
2 Seeker
1 Tropical Beach

Energy:
4 DCE
2 Water
2 Rainbow

This is an extremely rough list; I'm not even sure it's 60 cards. Sorry for not going into more in depth, cities is tommorow and I am currently trying to decide what deck to play. I'll try to give you more advice after cities.

pokemonjoe said:
Here it is:
Pokemon:
3-2-2 Vileplume
3-2-2 Reuniclus
2-2 Beartic
1 Cleffa
1 Pichu
2 Reshiram
1 Terrakion
1 Kyurem
1-1 Blissey

Trainers:
4 Twins
3 PONT
3 Sage's Training
3 Rare Candy
4 Collector
4 Communication
2 N
2 Seeker
1 Tropical Beach

Energy:
4 DCE
2 Water
2 Rainbow

This is an extremely rough list; I'm not even sure it's 60 cards. Sorry for not going into more in depth, cities is tommorow and I am currently trying to decide what deck to play. I'll try to give you more advice after cities.

It is ok please take your time. I am not in a hurry.

Back