Discussion Winners of December's TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

• What is your PTCGO screen name? PurplePanda94
  • What timezone do you live in? US Central (GMT-6)
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? Yes, no.
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? Yes
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? Yes
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? Yes
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Yes

Hey guys, finally actually added everyone to the brackets. If we'd have hit 64 members I'd have done it sooner, but right now we're still not actually there. Everyone go and tell your friends to join!

May as well point out that I'm British and so my timezone is different to most of yours. Shouldn't be an issue, but it's optimal that you schedule your matches at a time where I'm more likely to be around, just in case things do end up going wrong and you need me here to make a judgement. We don't have a Head Judge for this tournament, so I'm your only option. :p

Nevertheless I'm excited to TO another tournament for PB. I handled the April Cup, so I should be mildly competent by now. Happy TCGing, everyone! n_n

Hey guys, we've just decided to make a major change to how points are distributed in this tournament, so y'all should read this:

From now on, wins and byes are worth 3 points and ties are only worth 1 point. This is uniform with the official rules and discourages ties, which aren't really fun for anyone. This rule will be in place from Round 1 of this tournament.

Hey @Celever , gonna have to pull out from this Month's run I'm afraid. My trip that I thought was gonna sit between two Rounds, is actually long enough that I'm going to miss two full ones instead. So best thing is to wait for August.

Hey @Celever , gonna have to pull out from this Month's run I'm afraid. My trip that I thought was gonna sit between two Rounds, is actually long enough that I'm going to miss two full ones instead. So best thing is to wait for August.
Alright, thanks for letting me know before the tournament started! <3

Now we've got 7 slots still open though. :/

• What is your PTCGO screen name? Edmarcio
  • What timezone do you live in? (GMT-3)
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? No
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? No
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? Yes
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? Yes
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? No

6 spot still open
  • What is your PTCGO screen name? MrMagoo2005
  • What timezone do you live in? If you do not know your time zone, check out the World Clock. For example, California’s time zone is “Pacific (GMT/UTC-8).” EST
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? NO
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? (Such as replying to a news story, commenting on a forum discussion thread or etc…) NO
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? YES
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? YES
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? NO

It was my first tournament and I had a blast! I recorded all of my matches and commentated over them. If anyone wants to see how M-Manectric/Ho-oh faced up against the field, please check out my Youtube channel (link in signature). I have released the first 3 rounds and will be putting the last 3 up over the next few days. Looking forward to the July tourney!
Unless you have permission by each opponent to post those matches publicly, you may end up penalized/banned if there are any complaints. Not everyone wants their decks or strategies to be public.

Round 1 has started!

XvBYa1B.png
Link to the brackets

Remember to submit your deck lists to me by the end of this round by shooting me a PM. Failure to do so will result in being dropped.

Wow I am surprised that the sign ups for July have been so low, as in previous months, there was a lot of overfill :O
I think that, in addition to worlds, the delay we had with posting the tournament this month contributed to the lack of participants. As you mentioned, there's usually a lot of overflow, so it's a huge shame.

And yea thanks for everything @Ntanel - you've been a great mod from what I have seen! Good luck with whatever you are doing now!

Guess I'm the first to report in.

damphair defeated dmiller58 2-1 in the first round.

Matches were played between 3:10 and 3:40 eastern time.

Good luck in your matches everyone!

I beat edmarcio 2-0, games played at 3:30 EDT. Good luck in the rest of the tourney edmarcio!

Also for the bracket, can my name be updated to TheAnticipationEevee (AbsolutelyEevee) so potential opponents don't get confused with what my username on PokeBeach and PTCGO is?

Thanks! :)

Round 1 VS Stefen Brink

8:08-9:20 PM PST

Game 1: Stefen; Asrialys disconnected and would have lost anyway
Game 2: Asrialys
Game 3: Asrialys

Good games. lol Bad draws. Good luck on the rest of the tournament.

Hey guys I WON first match against supremeleaderquagsire. The times was about 11:50pm to 12:30am. I won match 1 and lost match 2 than won again for match 3.

Back