Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several new cards have just been revealed from Snow Hazard and Clay Burst! The sets will release in Japan on April 14th.
We have a new Night March! Murkrow, Flamigo, and Wattrel from Triplet Beat all have the “Wings of Union” attack, which does 20 damage times the number of Pokemon in your discard pile with the attack.
The cards from Triplet Beat, Snow Hazard, and Clay Burst will combine to form our Paldea Evolved set on June 9th.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil and Arantxa T. for the translations...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Flamigo's ability gives me the feeling that it'd have some out-there niche even outside of the dangerous wings context, essentially being a way to grab 3 basic pokemon from the deck immediately to your hand. Maybe something in expanded wants that, for whatever reason.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Also, they need to update the damage of Night March-like decks. 20x seems so outdated for the meta, on a deck that forces you to dump bunch of Pokemon, to hit standard amount of damage. 30x should be fine with. The last time we got this, it wasn't that effective to be a top-tier deck.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I can't wait to see the full art and illustration rare artworks of Wo-Chien, just so we can have different takes on the Live Wo-Chien reaction meme; it's not likely, but I'm hoping for an extreme close up on the illustration rare.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t understand the 20x damage decision. Especially with your main attacker unable to hit for weakness. I like they acceleration, but damage cap is too low.
Finally, someone is with me. I have to agree with you. 20x seems pretty low for a deck that forces to dump bunch of Pokemon just to do a decent amt. 30x should be the new standard, especially if we only get Murkrow, Flamigo, and Wattrel for this deck.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff - another GLC stuff that Standard doesn't care. 3/3/3
Wo-Chien ex - finally, a better use of Forretress in the late-game. I love things like this, making Forretress' ability wasn't down the drain. 4-5
Giacomo - I need a clear translation, something ain't right on this. Widespread Special Discard seems not right. 3-4
Spiritomb - I see why people are hyping too much on Squawkabilly. 4
Murkrow/Flamigo - Flamigo's ability is a good head start, altho same argument as before, 20x seems pretty low. 4/4
Disastrous Tundra/ Calamitous Wasteland - as if Old Cemetery was playable back then. 3-4 each

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, I just realized something. This would be a FANTASTIC time to introduce Ice and Ground types. Chien-Pao and Ting-Lu are the two mascots of these sets and they've revealed two new Stadiums that explicitly benefit Pokemon that live in Deserts and Icy mountains respectively?? I don't think it's crazy of me to say that if they added some more cards to support them besides the stadiums, this would've been a good time to bring in Ice and Ground types.

And to add onto this upon further reflection: They're gonna do Type-changing Terastal Pokemon soon, so if they added Ice and Ground types, wouldn't it be smart to throw in a couple Tera ex Pokemon for those two to promote it? Jesus, the marketing writes itself...
ONE MORE THING!!! Chi-Yu is weak to Ground. Wo-Chien is weak to Ice. If they waited, they could've done a cool theme thing where they could sell a Wo-Chien Vs. Chien-Pao deck pack and a Chi-Yu Vs. Ting-Lu deck pack.

I rest my case.

Last edited:

stereoraediova

Wooper Warrior
First drapion now spiritomb, mew is having a bad time
I could see Mew potentially adapting around it, and even use it to its advantage by making the Drapion useless in some decks with the attack cost reduction being negated. It's a double edged sword, but I think Mew is gonna be the only deck worried about this card anyway, so it's a win imo.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I could see Mew potentially adapting around it, and even use it to its advantage by making the Drapion useless in some decks with the attack cost reduction being negated. It's a double edged sword, but I think Mew is gonna be the only deck worried about this card anyway, so it's a win imo.
Even Mew decks run Aerodactyl VSTAR for this matchup. Sacrificing Genesect's draw engine.