MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t understand the 20x damage decision. Especially with your main attacker unable to hit for weakness. I like they acceleration, but damage cap is too low.
Unless I'm missing the text of "This attack isn't affected by weakness or resistance", you should be able to. There is a Wattrel with the same attack from the previous Triplet Beat. With that and Murkrow, you can hit for L and D weakness respectively, which does hit Lugia and Gardevoir quite nicely. Flamigo is just there to tutor out the correct card you need.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
I like that Flamigo synergizes well with itself. USe that then PRofessor's Research, presto bravo. I dig it. Interesting that we're getting a card that specifically affects Pokemon V instead of Any Pokemon with a rulebox. Guess it's there to insentivise using newer cards.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
To KO a 300 HP Pokemon with a 20x attack, you need 15 Pokemon in your Discard pile. That's 1/4th of your deck.
Should their attack be buffed? No. March decks are extremely one-note, self-synergystic decks that barely have enough space to put any interesting cards inside of them.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
To KO a 300 HP Pokemon with a 20x attack, you need 15 Pokemon in your Discard pile. That's 1/4th of your deck.
Should their attack be buffed? No. March decks are extremely one-note, self-synergystic decks that barely have enough space to put any interesting cards inside of them.
Seriously, abt time to buff it. It's been 10 years been too outdated. Night March has been busted back then, due to its ability to OHKO anything. Nowadays, its just a noodle. There's Mad Party, but Mad Party is just short-lived. Sure, 16 Pokemon is enough to KO a VMAX back then, (NM was EXs, even Mega EXs) but it wasn't a top-tier threat. It's been quickly overshadowed. Union Wings just 240? Just that standard dmg you do on decks nowadays. You don't even KO Stage 1 exs and VSTAR, without dmg mods. It depends on the cards we'll getting in this set, but if the cards were those three, it won't gonna do the dmg it needs, every turn.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
bye bye Lugia 😂
It's just another 1-of stuff. When Avery was revealed, is Eternatus fallen out of favor back then? No, right. Same does to Lugia, especially SS Lugia is a thing post-rotation. It's just a one-shot deal, which you have to dig into it at a right circumstances.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Never drop the bomb and saying Lugia is finished, when we have to see the latest Japanese results after the set is available in Japan, if that statement will age like milk.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Unless I'm missing the text of "This attack isn't affected by weakness or resistance", you should be able to. There is a Wattrel with the same attack from the previous Triplet Beat. With that and Murkrow, you can hit for L and D weakness respectively, which does hit Lugia and Gardevoir quite nicely. Flamigo is just there to tutor out the correct card you need.
Garde is weak to Metal, iirc.

Gibleguy

Aspiring Trainer
So does the flamigo and murkrow have nothing to do with the wattrel from the prev set? Or is it the same attack?

arora

Aspiring Trainer
Damn, Poekmon REALLY hate Mew
That new support card will play havoc on mew deck too, getting rid of two double turbo energy on turn two is huge. It should give miraidon deck some breathing room by shutting down fusion strike system.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
So does the flamigo and murkrow have nothing to do with the wattrel from the prev set? Or is it the same attack?
The very same. There is now a maximum number of 12 cards in your deck that can have it, the same amount like Night March used to have (I think). I'm expecting at least one more card, because Mad Party could have up to 16 to keep up with the ballooning health pool.