Polaris

Things like nightmarch variants do need more damage, but mostly they just need a counter to Sableye. I hate that they printed spiritomb when the only deck that needs countering right now is LostBox, and everything here doesn't counter it at all.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
It's just another 1-of stuff. When Avery was revealed, is Eternatus fallen out of favor back then? No, right. Same does to Lugia, especially SS Lugia is a thing post-rotation. It's just a one-shot deal, which you have to dig into it at a right circumstances.
I think you're taking that statement too literally. They're just saying that it's strong against Lugia, not that it'll make it fall off.

Polaris

Pokemon is trying to knock down Vs so exes can breathe, but doing that just empowers Lost Box which suffocates literally everything (ex, v, single prize)

Clear

Birb is the Word
I don’t understand the 20x damage decision. Especially with your main attacker unable to hit for weakness. I like they acceleration, but damage cap is too low.
it has to be low so that we don't get a repeat of 2016 again.
may be some people like one-tone bargain garbage in the top tables, but I don't.

Empoleon V, Galarian Zapdos V, Zacian V, Genesect V, Lumineon V, Wyrdeer V, Drapion V.

Buddy, I don't think that's one
Two, at best.
The rest is not important enough, or not legal anymore in standard.

jdubs4lief

Aspiring Trainer
If we are getting a Murkrow, we are most likely getting a Honchkrow along with it. Time to expand the collection.

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
Forretress ex feels really busted to be honest.
You can powerstart what ever you have on your bench.
And since it's a knock-out is synergizes really well with Wo-Chien EX.

Overall I'm just annoyed that they didn't really bother to tone down the power of the legendary base EX.
We are kinda back at the start here with the evolving ones beeing, mostly, not worth the hassle.

stereoraediova

Wooper Warrior
Empoleon V, Galarian Zapdos V, Zacian V, Genesect V, Lumineon V, Wyrdeer V, Drapion V.

Buddy, I don't think that's one
You actually bring up a very good point. Zapdos V is being looked at as the primary tech against the upcoming storm of Miraidon decks, but if Miraidon gets Spiritomb on the bench, it removes that threat. Spiritomb is shaping up to be very good in some popular decks.

stereoraediova

Wooper Warrior
Forretress ex feels really busted to be honest.
You can powerstart what ever you have on your bench.
And since it's a knock-out is synergizes really well with Wo-Chien EX.

Overall I'm just annoyed that they didn't really bother to tone down the power of the legendary base EX.
We are kinda back at the start here with the evolving ones beeing, mostly, not worth the hassle.
I think people are severely overestimating Wo-Chien. Manaphy kills any potential it has considering you can't use Devouring Ivy until you Boss that Manaphy up. Even then, considering your opponent has to be at 2 prizes remaining for you to deal 240, a number that can actually knock big two-prizers out, that's a number other decks are already hitting without relying on your opponent winning. Wo-Chien can take game against itself in that position. It's an interesting tech card in potential grass decks like Meowscarada ex, but I really don't see it as anything more than a bench warmer until late game where it's usefulness is still questionable.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Things like nightmarch variants do need more damage, but mostly they just need a counter to Sableye. I hate that they printed spiritomb when the only deck that needs countering right now is LostBox, and everything here doesn't counter it at all.
I would consider Iono to be a pretty good hard counter to Lost Box that also is viable in a lot of decks.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
When you realize that Wo-Chien's attack can have a maxinum of 300 damage.
On the Bench.
Hooo boy.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Forretress is not what Wo-Chien needs, in fact, it doesn't need anything because it is not supposed to be a deck of its own, it's supposed to be a 1-of in Meowscarada decks, and you just charge it up normally over the course of the game or with Gardenia if you're in a pinch. It's just a cool tool for the deck to have at its disposal in some situations, that's all.

Was Spiritomb really necessary? My guess is that, like in Magic, they design sets years in advance and put some "panic button" cards down the pipeline as a failsafe for certain things, and back then, when this set was designed, they still thought Mew was gonna be some boogeyman in need of being kept in check? Because it honestly feels like beating a tamed (not dead, tamed) horse at this point.

Flamigos both have pretty cool art.

Giacomo looks pretty annoying, but then again, I don't like this design philosophy of designing broken sh*t, then having to design stuff that bluntly exists just to completely shut down that broken sh*t. There's no nuance. How about making balanced special energies that many decks can use but not abuse, instead of making stuff that goes so completely over the top with it that you end up having to make this freaking BS of a card?

Finally some real effing art on Stadiums. That's what I'm talking about. It boggles my mind that...whatever this is 1679697527076.png was ever even allowed to exist, are you kidding me? The late S&S era had some less aggravating stuff, but my god have stadiums been ugly as f*** for way longer than they had any right to be. Hope they continue on the right path.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
On the whole "new night march" 20x X 30x multiplier topic:

Here's a crazy thought about it, how about to hell with the 20x or 30x discussion, and instead we ask ourselves why the f are they rehashing the same exact archetype for the 4th time instead of delivering something new?

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Never drop the bomb and saying Lugia is finished, when we have to see the latest Japanese results after the set is available in Japan, if that statement will age like milk.

We don't have to wait, we already had a 3k players tournament with 4 Lugias on top 16. Anyone remotely paying attention to Japan since they had their rotation, already knows Lugia is not finished, it's just not the bdif anymore, but it's alive and well, thank you very much. Also, I don't know why they were on about Giacomo "finishing" Lugia, it accels 4 energies at a time and often to the same mon, Giacomo would only remove one of the 4 energies in the most common scenarios...