Would the Anime Survive Without Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the show kinda needs Ash as people above have said - they're mascots, as for Team Rocket they can disappear for all I care.

If Ash left.....everything would go downhill. A good example is Digimon..after season 2 everything changed and I left the fanbase. How ever I am getting a bit tired of the the same old poeple. I just think they should get a redesign to make them look a bit older as if they are growing along with the fans:)

I stopped watching Pokemon when Ash stayed. Might make me come back if he does a GX role (like a known character for some new blood to look up to but honestly who will look up to Ash lol)

Ash isn't the problem, it's the lazy and inept script writers. Replacing the main character would do nothing to fix that. If Ash were removed, he'd probably be replaced by an equally flat character with an equally annoying partner.

Would the anime survive without Ash? Probably. Pokemon is a very strong franchise so I can't imagine the altered TV show not succeeding-- It's been terrible already for so many years now and kids still eat it up, that's a testament to how much popularity the name "Pokemon" commands.

bacon said:
Ash isn't the problem, it's the lazy and inept script writers. Replacing the main character would do nothing to fix that. If Ash were removed, he'd probably be replaced by an equally flat character with an equally annoying partner.

Would the anime survive without Ash? Probably. Pokemon is a very strong franchise so I can't imagine the altered TV show not succeeding-- It's been terrible already for so many years now and kids still eat it up, that's a testament to how much popularity the name "Pokemon" commands.

Now that you say it.. yeah.. Behind a dumb cartoon character is always a dumber scriptwriter. :D

I have a good idea on how to leave ash behind and bring in a new character
heres the link
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=79075

The anime would not be the same without Ash. Most of us grew up with Ash, through all his stupidity and his growth. Getting rid of him is just plain wrong.

well you know. they are going to start a whole new generation soon so it will be differnet pokemon. maybe they wish to start the franchise over in a world of better technology. then again they could have done that with sinnoh but they didn't. Who really know's until nintendo realeses it right?

Well Ash and Pikachu could get separated and a new trainer finds Pikachu, maybe the male character of B/W.

I would like to say so, it needs a fresh new start personally. Maybe set it a few years in the future where Ash is older and famous so you still hear of him from time to time.

bacon said:

There's no point in any more discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back