Wreck-It Ralph

Guts

CyberPhunk
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHDQHVkYq4g[/video]

Now normally, someone wouldn't make a whole thread talking about just one movie. But since I think it's in the spirit of gaming, I wanted to show you the trailer for an amazing-looking movie starring John C. Reily, one of my favorite comedic actors. When I first viewed the trailer, I was speechless at how many gaming cameos and characters Disney managed to put in the game. Here's the synopsis:

Wreck-It Ralph (voice of Reilly) longs to be as beloved as his game’s perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix (voice of McBrayer). Problem is, nobody loves a Bad Guy. But they do love heroes… so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Lynch), Ralph sees it as his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan—win a medal—but soon wrecks everything, and accidently unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Ralph’s only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Silverman), a young troublemaking “glitch” from a candy-coated cart racing game who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy. But will he realize he is good enough to become a hero before it’s “Game Over” for the entire arcade?

Well, it looks like gaming is leaking more and more into popular culture. I mean, Dr. Eggman and Bowser in the same movie? WHAT? Anyways, feel free to do any more research on the movie, I just wanted to get this out into the open. And I certainly will be seeing this movie when it's released. Thoughts? Mods can feel free to lock this if they don't think it'll warrant any discussion.

I... I'm actually liking the premise. It's a pretty interesting twist and promising since just the setting promises quite a broad range of possibilities.

I'm liking the pacman ghost. I'm hoping that this isn't a cheesy bust, but given the plethora of well known villains and the fact it's Disney, I have high hopes.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about seeing any other famous gaming characters in the movie; seeing as how getting the cast they have now must have been a stretch in every sense of the word. Even with the pandering to gaming fans, I hope Disney actually produces a good movie out of this, not just a bunch of Press Start or Game Over jokes. They've certainly got the voice talent, but I want to know how the story itself moves along. I suppose we'll see in November.

ShadowLugia said:
Well, it looks like gaming is leaking more and more into popular culture. I mean, Dr. Eggman and Bowser in the same movie?
>Eggman

I'm just hoping that they (Bowser and Robotnik) actually get voices of some sort. Even if they only say a few words, I'd be happy with that.

Alright, a movie about video games? Pretty cool, oh he's at a meeting...oh hey Bowser, Clyde, Dr. Eggman! lol silly zombie u so...wait...WAIT...OH GOD THAT'S THE AXE ZOMBIE FROM HOUSE OF THE DEAD!!!

This is officially the greatest movie ever made. Ever.

don()shinobi said:
we don't need your kind here, especially since it was clearly his modern design in the trailer anyway. you know, when he was being called Eggman in all territories, not just Japan. silly Robotnikers.

I am super excited for this movie. it looks fantastic.

The movie would've been perfect If they had chosen better music than what was in the movie trailer. Flo Rida seriously? I give them props for putting in "Once In a Lifetime" by the Talking Heads which is one of my favorite songs from the 80's. Modern mainstream music just isn't what it used to be, although I'm starting to like dubstep.

I love the concept of this movie, haven't seen something like this since Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. This movie sort of makes you imagine what it would of been like If Donkey Kong kept getting owned by Mario so much that he wanted to pursue a different job in being in a video game before the release of Super Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country, very clever. :)

Zenith said:
we don't need your kind here, especially since it was clearly his modern design in the trailer anyway. you know, when he was being called Eggman in all territories, not just Japan. silly Robotnikers.
>See member is a brony
We don't need your kind here. Silly bronies. :p

Besides, I didn't say his name wasn't Eggman. I know that he's called himself that several times since Sonic Adventure, and even jokes about it in Generations. But this is America, not Japan, so I prefer to call him by the name that he was given when the Sonic series came overseas. We don't refer to every single Pokémon by its Japanese name, do we? They're the same things; Fushigidane is the exact same thing as Bulbasaur. But Bulbasaur is the American name. We don't go around saying, "Fushigidane is the best starter ever", no. We simply prefer to call it by its American name, Bulbasaur. That's all I'm doing with the whole Eggman/Robotnik scenario.

Oh my, this looks good, hopefully it isn't cheesy, or that would (obviously) wreak the movie, can't wait!

I've seen the movie poster a couple times in theaters but I didn't even know what the movie was about. Because it looked NES style, I figured it had to do something with video games and I'm very pleased to see the trailer and premise as this movie looks fantastic. I can't wait to see this movie now.

dmaster out.

Why did I even mention Eggman/Robotnik in the first place...? And if you haven't heard, Disney is somewhat classy when it comes to making movies, so it's not likely they'll jumble any more pop culture references in there.

inb4 next Toy Story

No, seriously. The idea is there and the cast is great. The animation even looks on the level Pixar, if not better.

I can't wait to see this! A movie about video games finnaly comes along and it actually looks good!

This actually looks really promising. The premise looks interesting and the characters seem cool too! I'm am looking forward to seeing this movie.

Back