Xbox 360 or Wii?

What gaming console is better

• Nintendo Wii

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
WII is soo better. My mom gets me what i want, so i asked for a wii and a 360 so she got me them for my birthday

echobreach said:
My mom gets me what i want, so i asked for a wii and a 360 so she got me them for my birthday

How is this relevant to the subject? I just don't like how the Wii misses out on great titles because it's graphic's card can't handle the game.

Really all of the great games for the Wii are almost all made by Nintendo. They have a real problem coming if they can't keep up the demand for their product and keep up w/ third party devolopers.

Panda said:
Wii= Gamecube w/ accelaromator in control. Not so revolutionary. Also what you just said has be repeated about four times now.
X360/PS3= X-box/PS2 with bigger memory and better graphics, not so revolutionary either...

The Wii is revolutionary, as in, it caused a big and possibly long-lasting change in the gaming industry. I'm pretty sure X*insert random number* and the PS4 (if sony will still bother, I mean, Sega stopped after a serious beat-down, just saying) will feature some sort of motion control. As a matter of fact, the PS3 magically gained a tilt-sensor not long after Nintendo announced how the Wii (Revolution at the time) works, which means something.

Although the Wii is hardly a new console graphic-wise (it still got a boost, it just don't support HD or has the memory of a super-computer...), it's the only console out there which had the guts to leave the already preconstructed, safer road and head for the mountains, and now that it reached the tops of those mountains, people seem to blame them for not following the road, it's not because MS and sony can't be original that you have to blame Nintendo...

OMHO, I think we're beyond the point where we need graphics and memory for something to be good, I'm going to compare this to the train industry. Trains had to go faster and faster and faster, and they did, but at a certain point, people just wanted more comfort instead of just the speed, and whilst every new train was still faster than the previous, it also got way more comfortable (less smoke, better seats, individual seats, a roof for 2nd class, ...). The Wii still offers boosted graphics and memory, but focuses more on a new factor in the gaming industry, motion-control, pointer technology, aka, offering a more diverse range of games by giving game designers more functions to work with.

In short, the Nintendo had the guts to be revolutionary instead of just evolutionary, and it paid off, face it.

Motion control was was made already in video games years before the Wii. It was in main consoles but they had games made by probably Hasbro or something it just never took off so main consoles never tried.

Also PS3 is getting close to beating the Wii which will soon put Wii in last place. I really doubt Sony will give up any time soon.

Yes^, that's why Nintendo made up 52% of sales last year, including hardware and software. I still see PS3s crammed in stores while both the Wii and the DS are sold out everywhere. I see the PS3 becoming top in the future, yeah. /sarcasm

Also something to note, the gaming industry grew 42% because of the Wii. Yes, it may not seem that much, but that's solely on Nintendo's system. I'd say that they should have kept the Codename, Revolution, because it in fact is one, but the Wii sounds cooler to say. :p

dmaster out.

Do you have a source that I can refer to? I can belive what you said about last year though but im not joking about the PS3 it already beat Nintendo in Japan and really PS3 was labled Future proof by GI(November issue I belive ) when the Wii was considered not future proof.

Also games wise No more Heroes is about the only great non Nintendo game ive heard for the Wii. Really that is my main gripe is just that Nintendo needs to get some decent third party devolopers on it side.

panda said:
Nintendo needs to get some decent third party devolopers on it side.

I really agree! They do!

Nintendo is botching some of the games that are for all systems, like call of duty 4. That is supposed to be a completley awesome game, but I heard for the we it is terrible! The wii just needs some more games that are distinctive only towards wii like SSBB(hurry up already and get it out! I have had my reservation for like 6 months!) and Mario kart! Metroid prime was an awesome game, since it was made only for the wii with only wii controls in mind!

COD4 is going to be for the Wii. I would like to see that also Wii needs to sprucen up its online community.

True, they need good 3rd Party Publishers. It's all around on the news, just google Wii's Success and you'll get a little more than 300,000 hits, all of them having numbers to tickle your fancy.

dmaster out.

WELL, i said my last post cuz some1 cough* panda cough* asked if i had both and could make a fair judgement, so i told her i had both

Which console do you think is going to win in a pokemon forum? This isn't the right place to get an unbiased opinion.

[RANT]I have a Wii, and it's a piece of junk. Just about every game for it is just a lame mini-game. The only games that have REAL depth are the few games that Nintendo publishes. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption , Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It seems like the system is made for 10 year olds. The games are WAY too easy as well. Am I the only one who doesn't think taking pictures of animals is fun? Just shoot me now.[/RANT]

Well, I guess if you're into that stuff go for it. What's very disheartening to me, is the fact that people buy it and only play Wii Sports on it. :(

kadafy said:
[RANT]I have a Wii, and it's a piece of junk. Just about every game for it is just a lame mini-game. The only games that have REAL depth are the few games that Nintendo publishes. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption , Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It seems like the system is made for 10 year olds. The games are WAY too easy as well. Am I the only one who doesn't think taking pictures of animals is fun? Just shoot me now.[/RANT]

Well, I guess if you're into that stuff go for it. What's very disheartening to me, is the fact that people buy it and only play Wii Sports on it. :(

You know I have a wii to and I actually agree with you! Although some games are good, i hate minigames. Xbox 360 has many unique games. Thats all wii needs is some good, unique games!

No More Heroes is the perfect blend of combat and slight-minigames and it's not published by Nintendo. If it weren't for the frame rate issues, I would rate it higher than a lot of games.

dmaster out.

True, but Heatseeker takes that concept and applies it to flying. There are also some other racing games for the Wii. The good thing about the Wii is that there's variety in the games.

dmaster out.

Also true, but most of the good games are usually made by Nintendo. I could be wrong, but looking at the reviews on the third-party games produced for the Wii, most of them scored lower than Nintendo-made games.

Back