Xbox 360 Question

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
Hey everyone! Just a few quick questions for Xbox 360 users. With the 4GB model being released next Tuesday, do you think it would be worth getting that or would a 250GB model be better for the $100 increase in price? (tbh, I have no clue what I would do with 250GB of storage...) Also, what accessories and games are recommended? Please ask if you need more clarification (I'm new with this Xbox 360 stuff, so bear with me xD) Thanks everyone!

Here's the thing bud. I would reccomend 4 GB right off the bat, but depending on how many games you will play and if you download, you'll eat that up so quickly. Here's the bottom line:

-If you can spend the 100 extra dollars and not feel like you wasted it, do it.
-If you plan on using only a few games, stick with 4 GB.

Thanks! I think I might go with either the Pro or Elite, considering I don't exactly need 120-250 GB of storage and while I don't think I'll be playing many games, I really don't see why I would get the Slim model, IMO 20-60 GB of storage would be plenty, especially when I could get it at around the same price of the 4GB model. Also, how does the Wi-Fi work? Is there a certain type of wi-fi required for the Xbox-360? (They really screwed me over with my DS Lite for Wi-Fi)

If you never want to install expansion packs/save your game more than three times, then get the 4 gig. If you already own an Xbox, don't even bother getting the new one. The question is if you want Kinect more than anything, although I don't know why you would. I don't know if Kinect is an install to your harddrive (I'm guessing it isn't), but the games probably take up almost 3/4 of a gig.

Also, moved to Video Games.

Thanks, Gale! I don't currently have an Xbox, and I'm not interested in Kinect. Just sounds like a waste of space >_>

Well, the Xbox doesn't need a special kind of wifi, but the non-4gb ones require an external adapter that's nearly $100. :/
The 4gb model has the adapter built in.

Final Fantasy XIII is an awesome game, btw. If you like RPGs you should get that game.

Paper PokeMaster said:
Well, the Xbox doesn't need a special kind of wifi, but the non-4gb ones require an external adapter that's nearly $100. :/
The 4gb model has the adapter built in.

Final Fantasy XIII is an awesome game, btw. If you like RPGs you should get that game.

:O Holy crap! Will I be needing this if I got the Arcade/Pro/Elite?

Arcade/Pro/Elite?
I assume you mean the round, not 4gb versions. Yes.
The sharp, black, new Xbox that's only 4gb has the adapter built in. The older round models do not.

Paper PokeMaster said:
Arcade/Pro/Elite?
I assume you mean the round, not 4gb versions. Yes.
The sharp, black, new Xbox that's only 4gb has the adapter built in. The older round models do not.

Aw, man. I never knew about this. Wow. That kind of pisses me off. Is that the Networking adapter you're talking about?

Yes. After some thinking, Probably the 4gb is your best choice. You save money on the machine itself and on the adapter. If you need more memory, you can use a flash drive or get a new hard drive.

Paper PokeMaster said:
Yes. After some thinking, Probably the 4gb is your best choice. You save money on the machine itself and on the adapter. If you need more memory, you can use a flash drive or get a new hard drive.

However, what if I already have Wi-Fi in my house?

Well the slims have a receiver built in, while the others don't. So if you get an older one, you'll have to buy a receiver or use a cable to connect it.

Don't forget you can just pass a Ethernet cable from your router to your Xbox. You don't need have the Wi-Fi adapter/new Xbox. My friends had the issue of not wanting to spend all the money on adapter so instead they went out and bought a 100 foot cable Ethernet cable at radio shack or best buy can't remember which. Don't forget you can just format USB memory sticks/cards for memory if you run out. As for games; Bioshock 1/2 amazing games, if you like deep complex story's set amongst a zombie takeover in a under water utopia then enjoy. Oblivion or Fallout 3, do you like Sci-Fi or Fantasy? Depending on which of the two genre you like you should get one or the other. All the Halo's I suppose, its fun playing all three end to end, plus (if you like FPS) you will get decent amount of re-playability. FFXIII is also a great game. The only problem is some of the boss fight's, IMO, are ridiculously hard (Bert the second time). Still a good game though.

If your willing to save stuff and all then I would recommend you coming for the 250 GB. But if you want to just play some games and don't really care for storage space and all then go for the 4 GB. Also if you can afford the 250 GB.

If you have the money I would suggest a 250 GB model because that is enough space for whatever you will want to do. If you are into Halo games I just want to let you know that for $400 they will have a limited edition xbox 360 with the new game and 2 custom limited edition controllers included. If you only have money for a 4 GB model and decide that you need space for downloaded content you can buy flashdrives to store the data on.

Back