XY4 Phantom Gate + Hyper Metal Chain Deck Coming to Japan in September! [6/23]

Ohyissss, so many excites. Can't wait to see the Gengar FA card. This would also be a good excuse to have a Gardevoir Mega (and FA!) since it would fit the theme even as a Fairy-type release.

It's so hard to pick who should go in this set as the Psychic representatives. We've got Mega Alakazam, Mega Mewtwo xtwo, Mega Gardevoir, and potentially Mega Latios/Latias if this set is going to pre-advertise OR/AS (though they could save those for a Dragon set, especially if their Mega Evos aren't revealed by September).

Mewtwo is super popular, Alakazam usually gets the sympathy card because of Kadabra (and would probably get it in this case? Mega Evos are perfect for skipping and ignoring Kadabra), Mega Gardy is also popular and would be relevant to OR/AS...

So hard to pick.

Athena said:
Ohyissss, so many excites. Can't wait to see the Gengar FA card. This would also be a good excuse to have a Gardevoir Mega (and FA!) since it would fit the theme even as a Fairy-type release.

Gardevoir could easily be in this as a fairy type Mega. So far in the themed sets we've only seen one EX + Mega for the themed type however a second mega in the set also has the themed typing of the set but it's card is the alternate type. (Praying this makes sense..) eg Mega charizard was dragon type but it's secondary typing is fire. Mega heracross was grass type although it's secondary was fighting.
Therefore gardevoir being psychic fairy could fit in easily as a fairy...

Otherwise gengar is a cool dude so this should be good

Guess they have stopped making those double set, except off course X and Y (and next set will probably be Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire). The only bad thing about it is that it means less pokémon EX FA, I'm not a big fan of the random FA supporters they have gave us except Lysandre and Korrina . I was expecting a Mewtwo X and Y set tbh, but Gengar will be nice too. Guess we get some nice counters for all the fighting-type decks that will be running around :)

Water Pokémon Master said:
It's so hard to pick who should go in this set as the Psychic representatives. We've got Mega Alakazam, Mega Mewtwo xtwo, Mega Gardevoir, and potentially Mega Latios/Latias if this set is going to pre-advertise OR/AS (though they could save those for a Dragon set, especially if their Mega Evos aren't revealed by September).

Mewtwo is super popular, Alakazam usually gets the sympathy card because of Kadabra (and would probably get it in this case? Mega Evos are perfect for skipping and ignoring Kadabra), Mega Gardy is also popular and would be relevant to OR/AS...

So hard to pick.

You bring up a really good point about Alakazam; the EX/Mega mechanic is a perfect way to get around the Kadabra issue, so I could see him being the second Psychic-type inclusion pretty handily. Also, he's actually a Psychic-type as opposed to Gengar who is only "psychic" in terms of the TCG. Not that I really know how much the TCG cares abotu this distinction.

I would expect Mega Mewtwo to maybe be in a double set, 1 as a Fighting-type and the other as a Psychic-type. While you could have said the same for Charizard, we got his other version in a special deck and the special deck for this theme has already been announced. We also already had a Mewtwo EX. All in all, I think Mewtwo is unlikely.

Mega Banette and Mega Medicham are also possibilities, but the more I think about it, the more I feel Alakazam is the most likely pick for a second Psychic-type EX. Gardevoir might get pushed back until after OR/AS for being a 3rd Gen, but I still think it would make for a nice 3rd inclusion as a Fairy-type. And then, of course, we'll get some random 4th Pokémon like Dodrio EX. :p

Though I guess we might only end up with the one, too.

Athena said:
Water Pokémon Master said:

So hard to pick.

You bring up a really good point about Alakazam; the EX/Mega mechanic is a perfect way to get around the Kadabra issue, so I could see him being the second Psychic-type inclusion pretty handily. Also, he's actually a Psychic-type as opposed to Gengar who is only "psychic" in terms of the TCG. Not that I really know how much the TCG cares abotu this distinction.

I would expect Mega Mewtwo to maybe be in a double set, 1 as a Fighting-type and the other as a Psychic-type. While you could have said the same for Charizard, we got his other version in a special deck and the special deck for this theme has already been announced. We also already had a Mewtwo EX. All in all, I think Mewtwo is unlikely.

Mega Banette and Mega Medicham are also possibilities, but the more I think about it, the more I feel Alakazam is the most likely pick for a second Psychic-type EX. Gardevoir might get pushed back until after OR/AS for being a 3rd Gen, but I still think it would make for a nice 3rd inclusion as a Fairy-type. And then, of course, we'll get some random 4th Pokémon like Dodrio EX. :p

Though I guess we might only end up with the one, too.

While I do agree on you with Alakazam, I think they might choose a Psychic/Ghost/Poison type and then make it an EX with its secondary type, so I think that a fighting type M-Medicham and the fairy type M-Gardevoir you mentioned earlier, is more likely to come. They could include a dark type M-Sableye, but I think they might wait for that until OR/AS comes out.

Now I wonder what random EX's they're gonna put in this set. I'm crossing my fingers for an Ambipom EX or a Hippowdon EX :D

Also that Mega Gengar artwork is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Athena said:
Mega Banette was the first pokemon that sprung to mind when I first heard about the set as it fits the set's theme like Gengar.

I know that it is just a dummy card, but the Dialga EX card they are showing looks like it will be a water type. Kind of weird.

As for another Mega in the set, my money is on either Mega Alakazam or Mega Banette; Alakazam, as some have stated, would be a great work around regarding the Kadabra issue, while Banette fits the ghostly sounding "Phantom Gate" theme quite nicely.

I don't think we'll be seeing Mega Gardevoir as a Psychic-type; I would assume an eventual Fairy-themed set is inevitable and with it, Fairy-type Mega Gardevoir and Mega Mawiel -- and, after the release of ORAS, the timing would be wonderful. As Athena pointed out, Mewtwo seems to be an unlikely Mega choice for Phantom Gate as well; it would likely be featured much in another set much the way Charizard was prior, with its two Megas in the same set but with separate typings.

thood said:
I know that it is just a dummy card, but the Dialga EX card they are showing looks like it will be a water type. Kind of weird.
The worst part was that I didn't notice the first time I saw that image. Yeah, it is kinda weird. I was thinking it was gonna be a Steel-type EX card given that the Plasma Blast version was Dragon-type.

hnnnnnnnggg yiss, a new Dialga EX, wonder if there will be a Palkia deck.

thood said:

HYPE

Happy that Gengar is the mascot, but saddened that Aegislash is a deck box EX. That means no FA :(

Predictions-

[W] Wailord EX
[P] Gengar EX
[P] M Gengar EX
[N] Druddigon EX
[Y] Gardevoir EX
[Y] M Gardevoir EX

Best Artwork = Gengar
Random EX = Druddigon
Psychic Related Megas: Gengar and Gardevoir

That Dialga card is most likely an error. I'm surprised, what is the point of making this deck? That means Aegislash couldn't be in the set as an EX FA, and no Palkia/Giritina to go with Dialga. If anything, Giritina would be the better choice because it is part ghost and it can be on its own without Dialga/Palkia.

Edit: How did you guys know before Rising Fist was even revealed?

Athena said:
And then, of course, we'll get some random 4th Pokémon like Dodrio EX. :p

Is it sad that I actually really want this? It would be hilariously amazing! And you just know the artwork would be incredible. ;D

Super pumped for a Gengar FA! Can't wait to see the other cards going into the set~ c:

My EX predictions:

Gengar EX
M Gengar EX
Banette EX
M Banette EX
Exploud EX
Haxorus EX

-I'm sure that M Gengar EX will have awesome artwork
-Exploud is there on my list as a random EX

Don't forget, everyone. The second Mega in each set is never the same type as the one in the main set. Based on the fact that there will be a special Metal-type deck, that COULD be the other Mega.
So, we have Scizor, Aggron, and Mawile.
As for the deck itself, why can't this come to America? Aegislash is one of my favorite Gen. 6 Pokemon, and I can't bear another DAY without an EX Aegislash. I know that the cards in the deck will probably be included in Phantom Gate when it comes to America this Holiday, but I can dream, can't I?:)
As for other EX's, this is probably how it's going to go:
Gengar-EX
Mega Gengar-EX
Metal-EX (Hopefully Scizor)
Mega Metal-EX
Fire Type-EX
Grass Type-EX

I agree that M Mewtwo X and Y would be in there own little set (or more likely one in set and one in deck for Japan and we would get them in set here).I doubt unfortunantley we'll get M Gardevoir here in any form. They'll either save it for a fairy set or for OS/AR sets.

Maybe though we can get the regular fairy line up here. Maybe this set would be the one we get a ghost line up for the Aegislash line up. This could also be the set to release a fighting Chestnaught and psychic Delphox, so in english we get these and the dark Greninja.

GadgetJax said:
As for the deck itself, why can't this come to *insert TCG playing country here*? Aegislash is one of my favourite Gen. 6 Pokemon, and I can't bear another DAY without an EX Aegislash. I know that the cards in the deck will probably be included in Phantom Gate when it comes to *insert TCG playing country here* this November, but I can dream, can't I?:)
I also think that the cards in the deck will be included in the english version of the expansion almost to the point that it's practically a given, we just have to believe that it'll happen.

Back