• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yanmega Entei/Raikou Manectric

LucarioXFroslass

Bug Catcher
I got bored, so I signed up for a little PB tourney. I was given Shaymin X to build a deck around, so this is what I made by memory ;P

Pokemon: 22
3 Yanmega Prime TR
3 Yanma TR with the body
1-1 Entei Raikou Legend UL
2 Manectric PL
2 Electrike PL
1 Shaymin X Ground
2 Shaymin PL sky
1 Staraptor FB X SV
1 Staraptor FB
2 Uxie LA
2 Mesprit LA
1 Azelf LA

Trainers: 27
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
4 Judge
3 Copycat
2 Oak's New Theory
2 Seeker
3 BTS
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Communicator
2 VS Seeker

Energy: 11
4 Rescue Energy
4 Lightning Energy
3 Fire Energy

I know I had Seeker in here, too, and I have a feeling played a starter of sorts.

~L_X_F

Take prizes with magic numbers. Yanmega snipes for 40, and Manectric spreads for 30, so I can take a few prizes against pixies. The Entei/Raikou is for smashing Gyarados and Gengar if I get the chance. Yanmega isn't half bad as an attacker, either. Honestly, there's no synergy involved, but they take prizes well together.

~L_X_F

Just like Luxchomp, who needs synergy? Okay, I see that you run 3 Copycat, 4 Judge, 2 VS Seeker, and Staraptor FB LV. X, so...you can get Yanmega going pretty easily. Your retreat engine is kind of missing though, as you have very many Pokemon you'd like to be active but only for one turn. Unown Q and Warp Energy should probably be included, maybe some Warp Point.

Well, Yanmega doesn't need energy to attack, so my real energy are okay with being used to retreat. Manectric needs one energy to attack, which isn't difficult to attack with.

One issue I've had is keeping Yanmega in play mid game. I never, ever draw good cards off my copycat for 8, so I thought I would fix that with more trainers. Pokemon Rescue sounds like the best fix to my problem. Oak will be the first card out. Suggestions, please~

~L_X_F

Pokemon: 20

3-3 Yanmega Prime
1-1 Entei Raikou Legend UL
2-2 Manectric PL
2-1 Shaymin X (Shaymin UL)
2 Uxie LA
2 Mesprit LA
1 Azelf LA

Trainers: 27
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
4 Judge
4 Copycat
3 Seeker
3 BTS
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Communicator
2 VS Seeker
1 Palmer's Contribution

Energy: 11
4 Rescue Energy
4 Lightning Energy
3 Fire Energy

You now have 2 free slots. You could go with 2 Warp Point, 2 Warp Energy, 2 Level Max.
The world is your oyster with those 2 cards.

Hope I helped!

Ew. Palmer is too slow here. Also, I like having Staraptor give me a plus hand size. Four seeker might be a bit much, but three is possible. Four Copycat is a no, because I can manage with Staraptor and VS seeker. I can hit the opponent's hand size without it. You helped me with my trainers, though, so thanks, guys~

~L_X_F

Back