• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

yanmega -Tyranitar prime

Will this deck work well?

• Total voters

Byawpoonage

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon-22

4-4 Yanmega
3-2-3 T-Tar prime
3 Cleffa
2 tyrogue
1 unown Dark

T-S-S- 25

4 dual ball
4 Copycat
4 Judge
3 Collector
2 Petm
2 Rare Candy
3 Communication
3 Switch

Energy- 13

5 Dark
4 SP. Dark
4 DCE

start with cleffa, get yanmega out quickly to snipe/stall while setting up T-Tar, i think it is a very solid list, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

RE: yanmega -Tyranitar prime masters

IMO u dont need yanmega in this deck
Tyranitar is the damage dealer and mandibuzz is the sniper c:

ok, if u may use yanmega, try remove some switch u only need for tyranitar and he is a tank (only use if tyranitar become confuse or anything like this)

if your opponent learns to have a different number of cards, yanmega is useless, then, add grass energies or remove some yanmega. 2-2 is good and add 1-1 of mandibuzz and ditto or 2-2 mandibuzz

get out dual ball, u dont need cuz u have collectors, then add PONT (is the best hand refresher)
add more candy, u have 3-2-3 of tyranitar, 3 candies is fot fast T-tar

add tyrogue, 1 or 2 is good for kill cleffas or another baby pokemon c:

hope i helped

your deck really is not bad...
but some changes will do better

shizuoiwaki said:
IMO u don't need yanmega in this deck
Tyranitar is the damage dealer and mandibuzz is the sniper c:

ok, if u may use yanmega, try remove some switch u only need for tyranitar and he is a tank (only use if tyranitar become confuse or anything like this)

if your opponent learns to have a different number of cards, yanmega is useless, then, add grass energies or remove some yanmega. 2-2 is good and add 1-1 of mandibuzz and ditto or 2-2 mandibuzz

get out dual ball, u don't need cuz u have collectors, then add PONT (is the best hand refresher)
add more candy, u have 3-2-3 of tyranitar, 3 candies is fot fast T-tar

add tyrogue, 1 or 2 is good for kill cleffas or another baby pokemon c:

hope i helped

your deck really is not bad...
but some changes will do better

good advice, increasing the mandibuzz line is a definite possibility, i probably wont add another candy, i personally feel that 2:1 ratio is good(candy to missing stage 1) and the tyrogue is a great idea, i never really considered putting him in the deck, but its an easy win every 1:5/10 games or so.

thanks.

Actually I think Yanmega is a good idea. If you run 4 Judge and 4 Copycat, you can get the same amount of cards. Then you can attack early with Yanmega for no energy cost, while setting up Ttar on the bench. At least that way it doesn't take forever to start attacking with Ttar...arguably it's greatest weakness with Reshiram, Magboar, or Donchamp running around. Yanmega will help against the latter too.

Magnevire said:
Actually I think Yanmega is a good idea. If you run 4 Judge and 4 Copycat, you can get the same amount of cards. Then you can attack early with Yanmega for no energy cost, while setting up Ttar on the bench. At least that way it doesn't take forever to start attacking with Ttar...arguably it's greatest weakness with Reshiram, Magboar, or Donchamp running around. Yanmega will help against the latter too.

thanks for the support, i really felt like yanmega was the perfect barrier to protect tyranitar with, just because its speed is so outrageous and it allow for the free retreat whenever T-tar is ready, and makes up for its fighting weakness as well, Although i know that my list isn't perfect i feel i have a pretty good deck concept here. thanks.

Yanmega is a good idea for a deck, i have one with serperiors ability xD Really fast :D

I almost missed this post. I run a T-tar-Yanmega deck too, with 3-2-3 of T-tar, but only 3-3 of Yanmega. I liked the idea of this deck for the same reason you probably did: T-tar is a very powerful card but is an energy hog with no real way to accelerate attachment (other than double colorless energy), so you take advantage of the only Pokemon who can do decent damage for no energy and partially makes up for Tyranitar's weakness to fighting. However, my deck is a bit more of a dark toolbox variation because I run a 2-2 Zoroark line (take care of the legendaries and other high hitters) and a 1-1 of umbreon UD. I know people say that the latter is getting too old for the format with the new black and white Pokemon now out with 'unblockable' abilities, but I still think umbreon has a place in a toolbox deck. He can buy time to think or to get that extra turn you need to attach another energy to T-tar to one-shot a Magnezone prime or something. Also, the more and more black and white cards are released, the more likely it is that I'll catch someone offguard who isn't prepared for Umbreon. Dunno if that's completely logical, though.... I don't think Mandibuzz is a bad idea in a deck like this, though; both Yanmega and Mandibuzz can snipe, but while Yanmega is better at battling Donphan, Mandibuzz can hit Machamp or Magnezone for a whopping 100 (more with special dark) and Gengar for 200(not that Gengar should be of any concern to a T-tar user. On the issue of whether to use switch or not, I'm not sure what to say. I don't run it because with Yanmega having free retreat, it seems silly. Also, when I send Tyranitar up, I generally don't expect him to come back; he either wins the game for me or gets knocked out, in which case I send up Zoroark to finish off whatever Pokemon was strong enough to knock him out. However, there have been a few cases when I wished I could retreat him to the bench for free. Switch can also be useful for bringing your Cleffas back when they try to sleep through your turn (don't you love it that Tyranitar can power claw any baby Pokemon while it sleeps?).I would agree with shizuoiwaki about the dual balls; you don't need them with collector and they are flippy. The only trouble with Yanmega active while you build Tyranitar is that (as I bet you've noticed) sometimes (usually when you don't draw into a judge of Copycat) you find that you want to attach to Tyranitar or evolve Larvitar but can't afford to put down any cards if you already have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent. Also, as I'm sure you know, you can't play any more cards down after Copycat/Judge has been played if you want to attack with Yanmega. Team Rocket's trickery is a possibility if you really need to play that energy/rare candy THIS TURN, since it will lower your opponent's hand and raise yours, allowing you to play more cards and still attack with Yanmega. I also REALLY like running an Unknown dark in my deck. That way, if you don't draw into any energies on a hand refresh, you can use collector to fish him out, play him down, and search for a special dark to attach to T-tar. Also, how useful have you found Cleffa? I'm genuinely curious, as I've taken my Cleffas out of my deck (they're on probation after sleeping through too many turns at Battle Roads) and want to know how they're doing in this kind of deck in the new format. I prefer to start Yanma turn one and then hit hard on turn two with Yanmega without risking any excess sleeping by Cleffa. I am also worried that, should I utilize Tyranitar's darkness howl attack, that I'll knock my benched Cleffa out for an unnecessary prize. Good luck with this deck and let me know how your playtesting goes. I play with my two brothers a lot (they run Steelix/Blissey and Blastgatr) but am not always able to go to league and so don't get to play my deck against a variety all the time.

unless you plan to let your yanmega get damaged by darkness howl I would remove the mandibuzz line because yanmega can snipe for almost as much without relying on darkness howl to set the attack up. then you could add in a zoroark line to mess with those pesky zoroarks and reshirams.

Wow, alot of good stuff there llama, alot of the suggestions you have made, i had already made changes for, like the mandibuzz

i took out 1-1 mandibuzz
and 1 cleffa.

added

2 tyrogue
1 unown dark.

the cleffa's are alright i really think they are the best possible starter, but like you said, if i have a cleffa and a yanma i always start the yanma, just because a cleffa start is almost a free prize if you go second, and yanma has awesome free retreat.

I play tested alot last night against a couple decks.

i went undefeated against Donphan/samurott. surprising i know, but the yanmegas were able to keep him at bay long enough for me to get special darks on T-tar to 1 shot donphans. also tyrogue was clutch, he took a prize in every single one of my games yesterday.

played against lostgar. i went 2-1

once again tyrogue was really good here, as well as yanmega, being able to consistantly knock out mime jrs. and T-tar took care of the gengars. by biggest issue was actually getting T-tars lost zoned due to lack of rare candies. so i'm considering adding 1 of those for something.

played against donphan ursaring, this game was kind of a joke, the deck had no shot against mine, it was just too fast/strong

also if anyone has any play testing info for magneboar i would love to hear it, as i have had very few tests against it, and it is something that i have worries about facing. and its a very popular deck.

I have been running this deck for a while...search for my decklist.

I found that my style was to use Yanmege do do early quick damage, and take a few prizes while T-Tar fuels. I NEVER used Darkness howl, as when T-tar hits the deck, I want him swinging hard. So, I dropped the Mandibuzz lines I had, and drops my Zoroak to a 1-1 and added in a Samurott tech for some defece against the fire decks.

Yanmega can also snipe the bench anyway, so Mandibuzz was redundant.

Cool, I'll consider taking my Cleffas off probation then and see about adding a Tyrogue. I actually have recently added some reversals in my deck too, to run against decks like Blastgatr, Steelix/Blissey, and Emboar variants who keep a big stage two Pokemon on the bench the whole game in order to use their ability (Feraligator, Klinklang, and Emboar, respectively). If you have enough special dark on Tyranitar, you can reversal their stage 2 "engine" Pokemon and one shot them. Even if Megaton tail doesn't one-shot and they retreat/switch their most important Pokemon, you can darkness howl to finish the job; 140 is enough to knock out any engine, excluding Emboar. If they try to seeker their injured Pokemon, use Judge to punish them. The coin flip is annoying, but this strategy should be better and more consistent when catcher comes out. Glad your games went so well last night. Let me know if the Unknown dark/Collector combo helps any. Also, I feel like I should mention that it was parmcat who gave me the idea for this deck.

Back