You asked for it, here it is. G2F Hints/Tips/Guidelines to Art Making!!

Was this Tutorial Helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: You asked for it, here it is. G2F Hints/Tips/Guidelines to Art Making!

G2F .. When my friend uses Photoshop 7.0 and cuts the pic. The Pic. is left but the card is gone. When I do it , it is the other way .. I get your point in the magazine cutting but when I press CtrlP It wont work.. can you help.>?

Great tutorial! It was very thoughtful of you to spend the time to go over this. :)

Have you tried using Photoshop's Pen Tool to make selections? This is a technique I've favored for a while over lassos or the magic wand, as it can give you some very beautiful curves in your selection. You can achieve this by making a path with the pen tool, right-clicking, and clicking 'make selection.' With the right feather, it's very elegant.

The cons of the pen tool is that it is difficult to master. It takes a lot of practice to learn its language. I consider it a very worthwhile endeavor, though!

Awesome made Dude!

I already know how to make such thing's, but it's very helpfull for someone else =)

Crtl+P

Is wrong G2F for most people as Crtl+P means Print. :p Sorry I never caught that error.

When doing that it is best to use Ctrl+V which pastes in all the well known programs such as GIMP, Paint, Paint.net, Photoshop.

Atleast for me.

G2F: How's this one?
I made it for someone on SPPF.

Banner-loonatic.png
(Non-Spilt)
Link

Master Torrent said:
G2F .. When my friend uses Photoshop 7.0 and cuts the pic. The Pic. is left but the card is gone. When I do it , it is the other way .. I get your point in the magazine cutting but when I press CtrlP It wont work.. can you help.>?

Sorry, I made a misatake "Ctrl+P" is for Printing. To paste something is "Ctrl+V".

I think I know what's wrong. It's the way you guys cut your pictures.

After you have used the lasso tool and went over your picture, go to the top and click "Select" > "Inverse" and try it that way. It's hard to explain.

Let's say I had a picture of Darkrai and I used the Lasso tool to cut around him. The movig lines are moving around Darkrai himself. If I click "Select" then "Inverse", and press "Ctrl+X" to Cut it, it'll cut the picture, and when you press "Ctrl+V", it'll paste the picture, as that's what you cut.

Did you get that? PM me for further questions.

Archimer said:
Great tutorial! It was very thoughtful of you to spend the time to go over this. :)

Have you tried using Photoshop's Pen Tool to make selections? This is a technique I've favored for a while over lassos or the magic wand, as it can give you some very beautiful curves in your selection. You can achieve this by making a path with the pen tool, right-clicking, and clicking 'make selection.' With the right feather, it's very elegant.

The cons of the pen tool is that it is difficult to master. It takes a lot of practice to learn its language. I consider it a very worthwhile endeavor, though!

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that next time, and even add that tip to the tutorial once I find the time.

Charizard88 said:
Crtl+P

Is wrong G2F for most people as Crtl+P means Print. :p Sorry I never caught that error.

When doing that it is best to use Ctrl+V which pastes in all the well known programs such as GIMP, Paint, Paint.net, Photoshop.

Atleast for me.

Haha wooops! I think it's because it was late, and I was typing fast or something.

Light Venusaur said:
G2F: How's this one?
I made it for someone on SPPF.

Banner-loonatic.png
(Non-Spilt)
Link

Very nice very nice. Well done LV!

^Thanx G2F.
Also the "Magic Lasoo" is for the cropping tool for Gimp users.
I'll do a screen shot next time I use it.

Cool G2F, thanks for helping me I'll try it, one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back