Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Linux

• Something completely different

• Total voters

Bulbabuddy

The King of Gloom
New topic (by Chariblaze): Which OS do you prefer?

Old topic: Hello everyone. Figured I'd bring it up to see what type of computer the Beach primarily uses? Do you prefer PC's or Macs? Why?

I prefer Macs as they are more reliable and less vulnerable to common viruses.

RE: PC's or Macs?

i prefer pc's because they aren't 3 times the price for 6 month old technology

I think that they are both excellent. I used to hate Macs but I can use them OK now. I prefer PC, but that is just because I have more experience with them and can use them better.

Vulpix Yolk said:
I think that they are both excellent. I used to hate Macs but I can use them OK now. I prefer PC, but that is just because I have more experience with them and can use them better.
He stole my words :O

Vulpix Yolk said:

You got it.

Guy89 said:
The reason I don't like Macs.

Right Click.

There is right clicks on Macs. Its a common misconception, but:

JOIrhew
JOIrhew

I wrote that twice by right clicking, copying, than right clicking, pasting. You just have to go to preferences to assign it to a position on the mouse. I'm on a MacBook Pro and I assigned my right click to the right bottom, but you can put it pretty much anywhere on the trackpad.

PC. I don't want to pay $1000+ for a dang laptop and Photoshop, Illustrator, and cinema work fine on it. Macs are def. for video game users though I thought...?

Pandamore said:
PC. I don't want to pay $1000+ for a dang laptop and Photoshop, Illustrator, and cinema work fine on it. Macs are def. for video game users though I thought...?

Yup. Which is why I like it better than PC.

I've had problems with Macs when I used them. When I used them, I didn't know how to copy and paste things and also work with new keys on the keyboard. I got so frustrated with that. Over time I kinda got used to it. The good things about Macs are is that they tend to startup and shut down faster than PCs. I've had a lot of trouble with PCs. There are some things that I really like about Macs that I don't really like about PCs.

Macs. More aesthetically pleasing. Always wanted one, so I bought an iMac last month and LOVE it.

That is not to say I dislike PCs, either -- I'm definitely more familiar with them -- though I doubt I'll be going back anytime soon!

Pandamore said:

This. And the games I play work perfectly fine ;)

I recently got a Mac, and I'm still getting used to it. There are some things I like about Mac and some I like about PC. I'm definitely more familiar with PC's, but it's a hard choice for me. I'd have to say PC, though.

Guy89 said:
The reason I don't like Macs.

Right Click.
Then you get a different mouse. Like what I did.
What do you do if both of your Shift keys on your keyboard don't work? You don't sit there saying "durr hurr my shift keys don't work durr hurr". You get a new keyboard, just as you get a new mouse if you can't seem to right click with it.

Honestly, I have to say PC. Macs...I don't know what to say about them... PCs I just love to death. I was more-or-less raised using them and, whenever I tried using a Mac, it may as well have been something out of Star Trek (I know, that's a terrible thing to say, especially since that's one of my favorite shows of all-time...). I never really could figure out how to use Macs, and the only problem that I've ever had with PCs is that my current one is just a little bit slow (but it's also slightly older than most of the stuff out there now...and I really can't afford anything else for the time being...).

I like PC's as opposed to Macs. I guess it depends on what you use computers for, I've always seen that most "artsy" people have Macbook Pro's. Does anyone here run on Linux?

Pokefan4000 said:
Then you get a different mouse. Like what I did.
What do you do if both of your Shift keys on your keyboard don't work? You don't sit there saying "durr hurr my shift keys don't work durr hurr". You get a new keyboard, just as you get a new mouse if you can't seem to right click with it.
Mac mouses are MADE with no right click.

cool kid master555 said:
Mac mouses are MADE with no right click.
The Mighty Mouse seems one-button, but that's just because the buttons aren't shown on top, the clicking mechanism is on the bottom. You can enable right-clicking in the System Preferences somewhere. It actually has buttons on the side and a middle-button as well.
Apple's newest mouse, the Magic Mouse, also has the clicking mechanism on the bottom, and if you're willing to download additional software, you can actually configure it to have any number of buttons based on where your fingers are located on the surface.

Even using the Macbook Touchpads you can enable right-clicking using 2 fingers. And with the right software, you can do all sorts of wacky stuff with it (to the point where nobody can use my touchpad anymore :p).

The multitouch trackpad is actually one of the reasons I prefer my Macbook Pro over any other laptop on the market. For one it's actually usable, and on top of that it's far better than a mouse IMO (except for gaming, but I'm more of a console gamer anyway)

Anyhow, I prefer OS X over Windows because it's far more intuitive, safe and actually works as it's supposed to most of the time. I'm somehow still troubleshooting for Windows-user I know quite a lot, and it makes me glad I don't have to deal with any of that anymore...

The UI also feels a lot more logical and clean to me, but I guess that's just a matter of preference.

Back