XY Your Shiny Hunts

RE: Your Shiny Hunts?

I'm hunting a shiny petilil in my White. :)
My only shiny I have here is the swadloon I found randomly when I tried to reach Virizion's area.

RE: Your Shiny Hunts?

Just finished Masdua'ing a Shiny Vulpix in X and Y, made so much easier by a Japanese 6IV Ditto. The good news is that she has the ability Drought, the bad news is that her one imperfect IV is in Sp. Atk (although based on calculations its still really high in that stat, like 26 or something).

I've only ever deliberately hunted one other shiny in my game experience, and that was my shiny Ralts, now Gardevoir, simply because I liked the look of its Shiny Mega Evo. I had a Japanese Kirlia for that one, which accelerated the process. I was done in a single day.

Since the thread focuses on which Pokémon members found in the video games I moved the thread to these forums! :D

I somehow got a shiny Thundurus from GTS, didn't even ask for shiny but I got it. Also I wasn't even trying to Masuda method anything when breeding a Close Combat Growlithe, and a female shiny came out of the egg on the 3rd or 4th egg.

I can say I Masuda-hatched Honedge (149th egg), and Charmander (122nd egg). I call it a success :3

I really love Masuda method, it's the one with higest chances of actually getting one. Add the Hatching O-Power... You can hatch 200eggs per day np (depending on how much free time you got, tho).

Does it matter if you reset or turn off your game during a hunt? At 1200 REs so far but turned my game off like 3x without saving cause I got bored. Still sticking to finding that shiny Ledyba but just wondering if that affected the odds.

I'm almost certain I'll pass 1366 with out ever seeing a shiny at this rate. I am amazed how people endure 10k REs.

So I just had one statistical anomaly of a catch: Shiny Octillery

You guys may be thinking 'oh ho chain fishing aint hard lol'

This one was found at the friend safari, more than quadrupling the odds

This one was my 2nd encounter

This one was caught via critical catch on the first turn

This one had pokerus on it when I caught it

What are the oods of that? A shiny with pokerus on the second encounter caught with a critical catch

I've gone on several shiny hunts, almost all of which I gave up on out of sheer boredom. The most recent of them, in a Water-type Friend Safari, got me a Shiny Krabby.

MrSquarepants said:
Does it matter if you reset or turn off your game during a hunt? At 1200 REs so far but turned my game off like 3x without saving cause I got bored. Still sticking to finding that shiny Ledyba but just wondering if that affected the odds.

I'm almost certain I'll pass 1366 with out ever seeing a shiny at this rate. I am amazed how people endure 10k REs.

Random Encounters aren't affected by resetting a game, since it's calculated individually each time. Chains do break from resetting, of course. Luck is still very much involved. Good luck with your hunt!! :)

Friend Safari:
-Charmeleon
-Ivysaur
-Floette
-Espurr
-Fletchlinder
-Braixen
-Mawille
-Quilladin
(15 Minute in each Safari, and get them all in 2 Days) (Each day 3 Hour in Safari`s)

Hunt:
-Poliwrath (Chain-Fishing)

Randomly Encouterd:
-Flabebe
-Zoroak
-Zweilous (Just ren into it)

MM`ing:
-None at the momment..(Trying get Shiny Amaura)

From Trade:
-Lopunny
-Greninja
-Gogoat
-Aegislash
-Klefki
-Gligar
-Probopass
-Durant
-2x Eevee
-Gairdavoir
-Kingdra
-Kingler
-Trevenant
-Swirlix
-Gourgeist
(Traded for other Shiny`s)

I've only encountered an Onix and Ponyta in the wild and they were in Leaf Green plus a Snubbull in XY. I never started to hunt since XY but in my time I have chained a Horsea, Remoraid, Skrelp and Skiddo. I've also horded a Scraggy. Finally I Masuda'd a Beldum a few days ago after around 800 eggs. Now working on a Cyndaquil.

I've been traded a bunch of shinies when I was glued to the GTS in Soul Silver but the only ones I remember getting were a Salamence and Tauros.

Masuda:
Honedge after 506 eggs
Charmander after 40-50 eggs flawless
Yamask after 235 eggs not flawless so I'm still hunting.

Random:
Buizel in White

Chain radar:
Swirlix

Chain fishing:
4 Magikarp (I was looking for them)
1 Clauncher (Looking for Horsea :/)

I tried to get the Shiny Charm, and I have all the non-event Pokemon in my dex, but Sycamore wouldn't give it to me, also while trying to get an Arbok for my dex, I found a shiny Weepinbell :D

Well I dunno why you can't get it but when I filled dex he kept saying "you're so close!" And I was confused till I realized Sylveon wasn't registered. I was pretty sure I evolved one but I just realized that the one I evolved was from Johto. It won't register non Kalos Sylveons...

still hunting on route 4... 1604 REs now... I knew I was gonna go over 1366. Shiny charm y u no gimme shiny?!

MrSquarepants said:
Well I dunno why you can't get it but when I filled dex he kept saying "you're so close!" And I was confused till I realized Sylveon wasn't registered. I was pretty sure I evolved one but I just realized that the one I evolved was from Johto. It won't register non Kalos Sylveons...

still hunting on route 4... 1604 REs now... I knew I was gonna go over 1366. Shiny charm y u no gimme shiny?!

Have you tried chaining instead? That'd make it a whole lot easier.

I would've chained ages ago if the grass in route 4 wasnt so bad. The biggest patch is like 4 tiles wide. This is a bad omen for infuriating chains breaking.

I have horrible luck with shinies although i havent spent too much time hunting for them,

in X, while in the lumoise badlands i found a shiny trapinch, i got SO excited, caught it, and it became one of my best pokemon.

much later on i found a shiny bronzong in the FS, havent used it :p

I saw a shiny karrablast in Y and accidentally killed it (grrr!) + im at about 150 scatterbug eggs and still no shiny! (GRRR!)

I literally just unintentionally masuda'd a shiny Phantump with Harvest and at least 5IV's, this rocks!

Update: Oh my God, it's 6IV...

So far I caught a shiny Larvesta, which evolves into one of my favorite shinies, and I plan on adding Charmeleon to my list of shinies...soon...soon...
Overall generations the only other Pokemon I've shiny hunted for successfully was Ho-Oh. I don't know what it is about the Fire-types, but they have some cool shinies :>

Back