Ruling Yveltal's “Oblivion Wing”

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys,

long time no see… just kidding. This time, I have a question about this Yveltal. Its attack “Oblivion Wing” states: “Attach a [D] energy…” rest is not important. It does not specify what “kind” of [D] energy, so, could it be even this energy? (It can't be rainbow, prism or blend, because of the text. There stays “If this card is attached” whereas this special [D] energy provides the [D] energy even in the discard pile.)

Another little question: I have an Oddish in active position with 30 damage on it and opponent is Druddigon or anything with Rocky Helmet. When exactly Oddish receive the damage from the ability/attack?
Step-by-step:
Variation A:
1. Oddish attacks with Absorb.
2. Druddigon/Pokémon with Rocky Helmet receives 10 damage.
3. Ability / Rocky Helmet activates and deal 20 damage to Oddish.
4. a) Oddish is knocked out before it could heal 10 damage from itself, and thus, that part of its attack does not happen.
b) Oddish has technically 50 damage on itself, but that part of its attack still happens, so, as a result that means, it heals 10 damage from itself and its remaining HP becomes 10.

Variation B:
1. Oddish attacks with Absorb.
2. Druddigon/Pokémon with Rocky Helmet receives 10 damage.
3. Oddish heal 10 damage from itself (and has 20 damage on it now).
4. Ability / Rocky Helmet activates and deal 20 damage to Oddish and its remaining HP is 10.

And for now last question: Luxray's “Fang Snipe” discards: Any type of trainer card or Item / Tool?

Thanks for answers ;-)

First. Thanks for the scans!

Ok. The oblivion wing question: I am going to say yes you may attach it as it is a darkness energy.

Your of dish question: I'm going with variation B. you resolve your attack and then apply other effects. The last thing done is check for KOs.

Your luxray question: it's attack will let you discard a "trainer card". So yes that includes items and tools

If any of the other professors have a different opinion I'm sure they will jump in too!

Just for clarification, because of the term “includes”; does it mean, you can discard any type of trainer card or ONLY Items and Tools? That's what I wanted to know.

Btw., thanks especially for the point with Oddish example. I was once said, first apply all negative effects done to the Pokémon and after that all positive effects; this time it's at opposite, because you first heal (its positive for sure) and then the damage from ability/rocky helmet (which is negative).

Back