Ruling Zoroark GX

Yumikora

cd / Back to the roots
Zoroark-GX – Darkness – HP210
Stage 1 – Evolves from Zorua

Ability: Exchange
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard 1 card from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards.

[C][C] Riot Beat: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each Pokemon you have in play.

[D][D] Trickster-GX: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks and use it as this attack. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

My question is about Trickster-GX:
If both players have Zoroark GX out, can I use Trickster-GX to copy my opponents Trickster-GX and so copy one of my Pokémons attacks?

can't find the ruling atm but you always are using the attack from your own perspective, i.e. using trickster you choose 1 attack from your opponents Pokémon, if you select their zoroark gx's trickster you choose 1 attack from your opponent's Pokémon... which is pointless as it's a loop.

so no you can't use double trickster gx to copy one of your own Pokémon's attacks.

Also note that once you use a Pokémon's GX attack, whether your own or opponent's (I've Foul Play'd opponents' Pokemon GX attacks several times in different games), you have used a GX attack for the remainder of the game - (I had initially hoped that I could actually use 2 GX attacks during the same game, thus making Zoroark BREAK broken).

Back