Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

I would even play M Venusaur with that stadium...

Also shiftry/manectric. I can't imagine how that deck must look.

Thanks for the boost of Plant Type :D. I am thinking in catcher Ludicolo or MVenusaur/Sceptile Nurture :rolleyes:

Wat. If there isn't an ability blocker and effect blocker evident in this set...

The artwork is pretty though :>

EDIT: On hindsight, it seems like Safeguard Beautifly is much more viable now. And then Exeggcutor has just gotten scarier >.> Good thing that monster's rotating x-x

Last edited:
Yep, this just killed XY-AOR format for me.

Bit of advice for anyone building decks, forget Item cards even exist. TPCi certainly want you to not bother using them

I'm really quite bad competitively, so don't rage, but why has this ruined the game? Is it going to make things too overpowered just like another Toad?

Too overcentralised. The format will revolve around 4 cards (Vileplume line and this card) , completely killing creativity and making tournaments mind numbing

Would you look at that, BTS for Grass. It's gonna be evil, but I think I'll try and get at least 2-3 copies of the Vileplume line and 4 of this, then go from there. I'm sure something creative can come out of it!

Would you look at that, BTS for Grass. It's gonna be evil, but I think I'll try and get at least 2-3 copies of the Vileplume line and 4 of this, then go from there. I'm sure something creative can come out of it!

Creativity isn't the issue. All you need is something like 2-2-2 Vileplume and this, then you could spill coffee over the rest pf the page and still take 1st place

How to cause any opponent to rage quit.

1) This card
2) FFI Victreebel
3) AT Malamar
4) FLF Dragalgee
5) AOR Vileplume

No attacks that hit, no possible way to retreat.

hmm... I don't know how to feel about this... :/ Honestly this is a great "Broken Time-Space" stadium, but disruption cards are getting more and more popular... We don't need those... We need equally powerful decks that push our thinking to the limits... Everybody can play seismitoad and vileplume... :/ And from any angle I see it it's always this way... :/

Yes Shiftry will be viable. For those saying the game will be overcentralized, I don't think so. It actually opens up new strageties and get rids of the annoying rule of waiting before evolving. SHIFTRY!

I think some of you guys are overreacting. The prospect of a turn 1 double item lock is disgusting, but a simple Wobbuffet will shut down Vileplume's ability (and all those others mentioned), and it's not such a bulky card that it can't be easily Lysandred and KOed. Sure, you have to actually draw into a Lysandre first, and Jirachi is rotating, but we haven't yet seen everything else Ancient Origins has to offer; there might be something new to help in an unexpected way.

I think some of you guys are overreacting. The prospect of a turn 1 double item lock is disgusting, but a simple Wobbuffet will shut down Vileplume's ability (and all those others mentioned), and it's not such a bulky card that it can't be easily Lysandred and KOed. Sure, you have to actually draw into a Lysandre first, and Jirachi is rotating, but we haven't yet seen everything else Ancient Origins has to offer; there might be something new to help in an unexpected way.

The problem is turn 1 exeggutor :p vileplume is fine because it's item lock from each side... but...

I also agree that it would be a must-have for Sceptile decks! I can't wait to see the card itself ^.^

Well,the card speaks for itself in terms of viability. It's amazing. Instead, here are all the Grass Pokemon in the format that would benefit from this.

-Mega Venusaur-EX (It already gained Mega Turbo, so now you can play it down during turn 1 to avoid having a first turn where you wait until the turn AFTER that turn to evolve.)
-Shiftry FLF (Good attacker, good draw support, and you're quicker now with the Stadium)
-Mega Heracross-EX (Same as Venusaur)
-Venomoth PHF (Never really saw play, but now that it can set up faster, it seems like it could be a good stall card)
-Yanmega PHF (Again, setting up quicker allows it to actually be useful with Windfall)
-Sceptile PRC (I see so many people on TCGONE using this with Trevenant-EX, so now it can actually work)
-Ludicolo PRC (I know it's still kind of inconsistent since it relies on a coin flip, but you never know.)
-Beautifly RSK (We need Safeguard that's reliable in XY-on, and now we somewhat have it. Much slower, though.)
-Vileplume ANC (It will probably see play anyway, so now it has a tool to make it even better. I know it's not good to predict playability before a card releases, but it's a reprint, so we know it'll at least be somewhat good.)

Last edited:
So with Venomoth as well we have a format where TURN 1 all item cards are shut down and any further Trainer cards are 50/50 to be played.

fudge this format. Expect to see decks with 0 Trainer cards in the future

So with Venomoth as well we have a format where TURN 1 all item cards are shut down and any further Trainer cards are 50/50 to be played.

frick this format. Expect to see decks with 0 Trainer cards in the future
My God...! o_O This is... I can't even... WHAT?! I swear, if a single person in my area ever builds that deck, I'll literally burn each of the deck's cards, starting with this Stadium. This is just absurd...

I loved Broken Time-Space because it was flat out crazy and anything could happen from either side. But I'm really not feeling this (or any of the type specific cards, honestly). It's like it's trying to be cool and bring back the insanity, but it can't because then it would be a reprint.

I guess the Flashfire Butterfree line (adaptive evolution) is officially pointless (and it was only hanging by a thread before)...
At this rate, I wonder if we'll have a trainer in the future that is just "search your deck for a stage 2 pokemon and place it on your bench"...

Back