6. N/A (but I'm guessing blossom?)
7. Sceptile EX
8. M Sceptile EX
9. N/A
10.N/A
11.N/A
12.Virizion

I'm guessing Cottonee and Whimsicott are 10/11...if they are grass

Because of the ordering, 6 has to be Pineco (with a corresponding Metal Forretress), Shuckle, Heracross or Celebi. Or an Ancient Trait Ariados I guess. It's probably not Celebi unless they've gone back to giving us an alternate art as the box purchase promo, which they haven't done in a long time. We've had Pineco and Heracross (the latter only as an EX, however) in the XY era already, which leads me to think it's probably Shuckle (which we haven't had since Legendary Treasures) or Ariados. I'd have guessed Shuckle for sure if Roaring Skies didn't have two Grass Dustox instead of a Grass and a Psychic one, but it could be either.

Wow M Sceptile has a great attack :p I believe the commercial pretty much confirmed that the shinies are reprints :/
What makes you think that?? The commercial doesn't reveal any of the shinies at all , and I've replayed it over and over with pausing hahaha the mega ray they show at the end isn't shiny its still green.

FA mega sceptile is going to look amazing!! They better not screw it up!! M sceptile has the potential to be one awesome looking FA!!!
I like the artwork on the mega sceptile but i feel like they didn't portray his mega very well.
As for the regular Sceptile.....sure as heck is better than our tin promo one lol
Now we just need a mega blaziken and mega swampert in english and with a FA!!

M-Sceptile EX is freaking good, and I think that the regular Sceptile EX is way better than the promo Sceptile EX!

Also, I'm glad to see that M-Sceptile EX is not a Dragon type, so it doesn't need 2 different types of Energy and it can be played with the Giant Plant Forest Stadium card too!

1. No, the Rayquaza in the video is not shiny... I also thought that at first but it's indeed the lighting...
2. WRONG. If Bellossom is in the set, which I'm sure it is, it's #4, Spinarak is #5 and Ariados is #6, there's no other pokémon between ariados and sceptile.
3. M-Sceptile-EX is really good! Seriously... I wouldn't say it's broken because its base damage isn't that high but with Giant Plant Forest, the Spirit Link and a Mega Turbo, you can get a T1 Jagged Saber and start distribuiting Energy, and as the game proceeds, you can heal ALL damage from 2 of your pokémon... That's powerful! The main set Sceptile-EX is also better than the promo one. I'm just inclined to guess that attack name won't pass through PUSA's censorship lol...
4. So, there's a different Sceptile-EX in the main set... I wonder how PUSA will handle the Megas of Blaziken and Swampert... Because their regular EXs are the ones we're getting in the tins, and if Japan already made their Mega cards, I doubt we'll see different ones in a future japanese main set. Unless there's a promo Mega Sceptile (maybe Dragon-type), and then PUSA makes tins or some other thing to release the Megas, but I'm not betting on that... This also means no Spirit Links for Blaziken and Swampert... a Fire Mega with a Spirit Link would be nice (to counter M-Sceptile, although I guess a regular Fire EX can do that too)...
5. @RealSlim Even if it was a Dragon-type, it could still abuse the Stadium... The card affects your Grass pokémon in play, not the cards they evolve into...
6. @whirlpoolm51 M-Tyranitar is kinda confirmed to be Dark-type (at least, the blurry image indicates that), so don't worry...

Last edited:
That is amazing! With giant plant forest and mega turbo you can set that thing up in 1 turn! You don't even need to attach the energies to use the attack. Definitely want to test this, can't wait to see the rest. really looking forward to next format.

Thanks for update 1 - love the clear pictures and the confirmation of Mega Sceptile's AT and attack. I also like this Sceptile EX much more than the promo/tin version. I really like both of these guys a lot - a couple of weeks back I wouldn't have guessed this set would be so supportive of grass (and bug) types. I hope we get some love for electric and dark types, who I feel have been left out a bit in XY. With the exception of a couple of great EX Pokemon (Yveltal, M/Manetric), they haven't gotten any special energies (neither have water or fire, but they have other helpful cards - dive ball, blacksmith, etc.), any particularly good non-EX pokemon (with the exception of a couple with useful abilities), or many type-focused trainers (although rough seas helps electric, er...lightning, and shadow circle has perks). Either way, look forward to seeing the rest of the cards.

If M Tyranitar is dark and has an energy demanding attack cost, then in expanded it could be accelerated with dark patch and mega turbo and sableye! Am I the only one who has thought of that?

Arceus-DAMN that Mega Sceptile EX is a powerful beast. I know what deck I'm aiming to make when Ancient Origins is released ;)

Alright... ALRIGHT, POKEMON! I'LL START BUYING YOUR STUPID CARDS AGAIN! I'll even trade almost all the stuff I've got online to build a Sceptile deck... *sobs*

...Ahhh. Anyway. Mega Sceptile and the Spirit Link look beautiful. Grass is tied with Dragon for my favorite type and Sceptile is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I'm very pleased with recent developments.
Also, now that I've slept through the fabled 5/29 I'm not going to have a chance at the amiibo I wanted - which means I can use that money on one of the Rayquaza pin blisters instead...

Because of the ordering, 6 has to be Pineco (with a corresponding Metal Forretress), Shuckle, Heracross or Celebi. Or an Ancient Trait Ariados I guess. It's probably not Celebi unless they've gone back to giving us an alternate art as the box purchase promo, which they haven't done in a long time. We've had Pineco and Heracross (the latter only as an EX, however) in the XY era already, which leads me to think it's probably Shuckle (which we haven't had since Legendary Treasures) or Ariados. I'd have guessed Shuckle for sure if Roaring Skies didn't have two Grass Dustox instead of a Grass and a Psychic one, but it could be either.

You know it could be a Pinsir as well. Spinarak & Ariados were 4/5 because I though of Blossom not being with their evolutions.

If you're talking about the back of the cards, those are what Japanese cards look like on the back.

oh i meant what deck can we build out of mega sceptile......mega sceptile is kinda like mega manectric except better....in the past, mega manectric was considered more of a support pokemon....you cant really build a deck with mega manectric as a main attacker...unlike mega gardevior or primal groudon & primal kygire & mega rayquaza & stuff....i was wondering if a deck can be build with mega sceptile as the main player even if his base attack is low.....i did think of combining mega sceptile with victrebel for confused & poison but the giant plant forest stadium doesn't make from for virbank for more poison damage.....im seeing if anyone already have ideas to make mega sceptile as main attacker with other support pokemon.....i used to play mega manectric with yveltal ex but it seems yveltal is the main player & not manectric, can't wait to see if mega amphoros will be a better electric type mega

ATM I'm trying to figure out the uses of that Ancient Trait. What purposes would there be to have just plonked an AT on there? Celebi and Golurk was pretty obvious - to prevent ability blocking - but what else?

oh, we essentially have all the grass pokemon for this set now:

1. Oddish
2. Gloom
3. Vileplume
4. Spinarak
5. Ariados
6. N/A (but I'm guessing blossom?)
7. Sceptile EX
8. M Sceptile EX
9. N/A
10.N/A
11.N/A
12.Virizion

I'm guessing Cottonee and Whimsicott are 10/11...if they are grass

Seeing as Jolteon's in the set, and and Umbreon has been announced as a promo, they may make a (good :p) decision and stick all eeveelutions in it, so 9, 10, or 11 may be Leafeon.

Also, Celebi's just a promo for the set right, not actually in it? Just asking because if it was, all ATs have a non AT version in the set, sometimes of different typing to the AT (Altaria RSk, Ludicolo PCl), so I might be mistaken, but that spot, if it wasn't a promo, could be the non-AT Celebi for the set, as a G type.

ATM I'm trying to figure out the uses of that Ancient Trait. What purposes would there be to have just plonked an AT on there? Celebi and Golurk was pretty obvious - to prevent ability blocking - but what else?

Already compiled a list of the XY-onwards options...

"I might as well take this time to cover all of the Abilities in XY-onwards that can't get through Theta Stop. Ones listed in * represent ones that are especially more common. I would like to note that the Ability seems to only stop effects done to the Pokemon WITH the trait, so damage reduction Abilities like Furfrou XY and Aurorus FUF would still reduce. Let me know if I missed one.
-
Chesnaught XY
Greninja XY
Swellow XY
Qwilfish FLF
Forretress FLF *
Dragalge FLF *
Victreebel FUF
Hawlucha-EX FUF
Pyroar PHF
Golbat / Crobat PHF *
Chandelure PHF