'BREAKthrough' Set List Discussion

Where are the cards from the Golduck BREAK deck? Do you expect them to be in XY9 for the west. Also, you already have 18 Trainers and 3 remaining spots. This might mean that the Japanese might get the special Water energy in the Golduck BREAK deck. As for those 2 trainers, it will probably be reprints with hopes of being Sycamore and VS Seeker.

Where are the cards from the Golduck BREAK deck? Do you expect them to be in XY9 for the west. Also, you already have 18 Trainers and 3 remaining spots. This might mean that the Japanese might get the special Water energy in the Golduck BREAK deck. As for those 2 trainers, it will probably be reprints with hopes of being Sycamore and VS Seeker.
I think the cards from the Golduck BREAK deck will be in the XY9 set, especially since they both have a watery theme in common, with Golduck and Gyarados being mascots.

Last edited:
All I know is that they aren't going to be BREAKthrough, and with there being 3 open slots for BREAKthrough, I expect 2 more trainer cards, so that we hit 20 trainers (probably reprints but we could see some promos like Heavy Boots) and 1 more Pokemon or special energy slot.

Unless I've miscounted shouldn't Assault Vest be one lower since we know there are 20 trainer cards total?

Unless I've miscounted shouldn't Assault Vest be one lower since we know there are 20 trainer cards total?

It could be, since there are 3 open slots, and 18 known trainer cards, 2 of the 3 slots are trainers and the 3rd could either be a Pokemon or a Special Energy, so I just lumped the 3 open spaces together at the end of the trainer section to make it easier to see.

I think the Heavy Boots could go into the set, given how Energy Recycler came into the last one.

I really don't like it when multiple basics of one evolving line are printed (3 Chespin? Really?), but then other basics don't get evolutions (Hippopotas has no hippowdon, there are no Greninja or Delphox, and this is the second set there's an inkay with no Malamar. Even if they end up being garbage cards, I'd much rather have them there than, say 2 Doduo, 2 Axew, or 3 chespin.

Mmm, I love it when new card reveals are confirmed the same numbers I list them at. Thanks Mewtwo-EX and M Mewtwo-EX, you guys are great.

With Giovanni's Scheme revealed at 138, that means the 3 open spaces have to come before that card (2 of which are trainers, since we only have 18 trainer cards confirmed, while the 3rd is some Pokemon).

We know there's a full art Skyla don't we? Where does that come in?

Unfortunately not in this set. TPCI advertised 2 full art trainer cards to be included, and we know of Giovanni's Scheme and Bridgette already. So like full art Steven skipped Roaring Skies, Skyla is going to have to skip out on a set this time.

Couldn't one of the missing trainers be the All Night Party promo? And the missing Pokemon(?) be the Umbreon promo that went along with it? Cresselia is featured on the All Night Party artwork, and since the set kinda (a lil bit) has a Dark-type theme with Zoroark BREAK, it could fit in there.

We know there's a full art Skyla don't we? Where does that come in?

FA Steven was released in Japan with the M Rayquaza-EX Deck, and then they waited till Ancient Origins to give us the English card.
FA Skyla is a Booster Box promo, so I would assume (or hope) that we get it in XY9

EDIT: Steven was actually a Booster box promo as well

Last edited:
I'm assuming stuff from the Raichu/Noivern decks are coming in XY9 too? (Reserve ticket, fisherman, judge, super rod)

XY-P(Japan) Chespin confirmed for North America BREAKThrough!

Since three chespins are already up previously, with one of them from the Leg Col, and the other two from both Jap sub-sets, I'm assuming this is a fourth Chespin that isn't on list yet....

Last edited by a moderator:
XY-P(Japan) Chespin confirmed for North America BREAKThrough!

Since three chespins are already up previously, with one of them from the Leg Col, and the other two from both Jap sub-sets, I'm assuming this is a fourth Chespin that isn't on list yet....

That is interesting, considering there isn't room for a 4th Chespin, so they must be dropping one of them (I'm assuming the Legendary Holo Collection one). Since we haven't seen any indication that other Leg Col cards are confirmed to be in the set, perhaps they wont be included (at least not in full). I can't wait to see more cards revealed.

That is interesting, considering there isn't room for a 4th Chespin, so they must be dropping one of them (I'm assuming the Legendary Holo Collection one). Since we haven't seen any indication that other Leg Col cards are confirmed to be in the set, perhaps they wont be included (at least not in full). I can't wait to see more cards revealed.
I have "a source" that confirms the Rufflet and Braviary from Leg Col are in the set, along. I'll pm you a link if you want it!

I have "a source" that confirms the Rufflet and Braviary from Leg Col are in the set, along. I'll pm you a link if you want it!

I've just seen the pictures of them in it, so we are definitely getting some Leg Col cards, but not all of them. Makes sense that they didn't want to include 4 Chespins but I wonder why they are going to pick and choose which cards to include. I also saw the Snorlax XY-P that goes along with Chespin is in BREAKthrough, so that takes care of an open Pokemon slot the set list had.

Back