E3 2015 Discussion

FIVE DAYS LEFT. GIVEN THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF INFORMATION REVEALED THE PAST FEW DAYS IT'S TIME TO GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

- Fallout 4 ayy
- Platinum Wii U exclusive. Also highly implied Wonder Red involvement in Smash.
- Mirror's Edge 2 is called Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and it will be shown
- Battlefront 3 gameplay will be shown
- Mass Effect 4 will be shown
- Metal Gear Solid 5 will be shown
- RETRO STUDIOS WILL BE SHOWING SOMETHING DURING THE NINTENDO CONFERENCE
- Halo 5 single-player will be showcased
- new Destiny DLC is part of a new season, so it requires another $40 season pass (hahaha Destiny)
- Valve will not be appearing at E3. No Vive. No Left 4 Dead 3. No Half-Life 3. I am sad.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X and Fire Emblem If will be given international release dates.
- Dark Souls 3

FIVE DAYS LEFT. GIVEN THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF INFORMATION REVEALED THE PAST FEW DAYS IT'S TIME TO GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

- Fallout 4 ayy
- Platinum Wii U exclusive. Also highly implied Wonder Red involvement in Smash.
- Mirror's Edge 2 is called Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and it will be shown
- Battlefront 3 gameplay will be shown
- Mass Effect 4 will be shown
- Metal Gear Solid 5 will be shown
- RETRO STUDIOS WILL BE SHOWING SOMETHING DURING THE NINTENDO CONFERENCE
- Halo 5 single-player will be showcased
- new Destiny DLC is part of a new season, so it requires another $40 season pass (hahaha Destiny)
- Valve will not be appearing at E3. No Vive. No Left 4 Dead 3. No Half-Life 3. I am sad.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X and Fire Emblem If will be given international release dates.
- Dark Souls 3

I didn't knew Platinum's new game would be Nintendo exclusive. Thanks for that because I went searching and it seems so.
I'm looking foward to ME4 and MGS5, the two games that might make me get a future PS4 Slim. Oh yeah, perhaps Konami will anounce the start of yearly MGS and say what's coming up!

Aside from that, I'm interested in Vampyr and to see more of Assassin's (just for the fun of PR liars and gullible players).

Halo 5 will launch with 20 multiplayer maps, and there will be 15 DLC maps added later for free.

4 player online co-op in the campaign. No splitscreen option for co-op. HOWEVER, you won't need Xbox Live Gold to do online co-op. You'll still need it for everything else online and pretty much everyone with an Xbox has Gold anyway, but ya know.

I'm horribly sad that Left for Dead 3 won't be a thing... At least there's Fallout 4.

Halo 5 will launch with 20 multiplayer maps, and there will be 15 DLC maps added later for free.

4 player online co-op in the campaign. No splitscreen option for co-op. HOWEVER, you won't need Xbox Live Gold to do online co-op. You'll still need it for everything else online and pretty much everyone with an Xbox has Gold anyway, but ya know.

Bummed out about no splitscreen co-op, but everything else is FANTASTIC news (especially commanding your team with the D-pad, pretty neat).

Really hyped about what they'll be showcasing at E3 for Halo 5.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS? A reason for buying the Wii U just got lopped off the list for me. Hope to see it running well at E3 since it isn't a NN3DS exclusive...well judging from the box art anyway.

E3 isn't even here yet and Nintendo is already ahead.
Now we just need a 3DS/N3DS version of Splatoon.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS? Might get it for cheap at some point, not that interested in Hyrule Warriors (I generally buy very few full price games nowadays). Nice entry to the 3DS library though.

MORE STUFF IN THE PAST FEW HOURS HERE WE GO

- Hyrule Warriors for 3DS (hahaha what literally came out of nowhere)
- Ratchet and Clank for PS4
- New Ninja Theory game is titled "Hellblade" (platform(s) are unknown)
- Metal Gear Solid 5 will have microtransactions (sad)
- ZombieU possibly being ported to PS4/Xbox One (hahaha what the game was awful)
- GTA V story-DLC supposedly going to be announced (also big update went out today that added new vehicles and a ton of bugfixes)
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst will not be a sequel, instead it's more akin to a reboot ala "true vision of how the game was meant to be"

ALSO, REGARDING THE NINTENDO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- 16 competitors, half of them popular Youtubers/streamers that do Nintendo stuff (other half will be from the Best Buy thing)
- Splatoon will be played for the first time in a competitive setting (other games are unknown, will be mix of old and new games)
- Kevin Pereira will host

I really don't like how companies are revealing news ahead of time, it really spoils the surprise for the actual presentation. I mean, Nintendo is revealing a bunch of smaller stuff so I could see that if the Digital Event is packed with heavy hitters, but other than that it doesn't seem very smart from a marketing perspective.

I mean, Nintendo is revealing a bunch of smaller stuff so I could see that if the Digital Event is packed with heavy hitters, but other than that it doesn't seem very smart from a marketing perspective.

Advertising is a bad marketing idea? Announcing games a week or so before an event gives time for it to spread and settle while, most likely, bringing in people to watch the conferences which includes more than just the said announcement. You keep all the surprises to one place and less people are going to see everything.

Advertising is a bad marketing idea? Announcing games a week or so before an event gives time for it to spread and settle while, most likely, bringing in people to watch the conferences which includes more than just the said announcement.

Except they're announcing heavy hitters like Fallout 4 and Mirror's Edge, those aren't the kinds of games you want to blow through the week before. Again, Nintendo is kind of justified because they're not making big announcements.

You keep all the surprises to one place and less people are going to see everything.

Which is why the conferences are all at different times. Square Enix even rescheduled their press conference to avoid a conflict with Nintendo.

I really don't like how companies are revealing news ahead of time, it really spoils the surprise for the actual presentation. I mean, Nintendo is revealing a bunch of smaller stuff so I could see that if the Digital Event is packed with heavy hitters, but other than that it doesn't seem very smart from a marketing perspective.

In one case at least (the ZombiiU I think) it was from a leak. We might ask if the companies themselves don't make it easy to leak on purpose but if that's not the case, then companies are just way to liberal and don't seem to be tackling the problem of leaks, and we have Nintendo and CoroCoro as the most known case here.
Also, let's be honest, E3 starts even before the date. Journalists start covering and they feel the need to be the ones already attracting people to their booths and conferences, not to mention that some companies even started doing Pre-E3 shows, like Konami and Kojima.
Regarding Nintendo, since they won't be doing a conference there (which isn't bad), I think it would be better to really keeps their aces in their sleeve.

- ZombieU possibly being ported to PS4/Xbox One (hahaha what the game was awful)
- GTA V story-DLC supposedly going to be announced (also big update went out today that added new vehicles and a ton of bugfixes)
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst will not be a sequel, instead it's more akin to a reboot ala "true vision of how the game was meant to be"

- 16 competitors, half of them popular Youtubers/streamers that do Nintendo stuff (other half will be from the Best Buy thing)
- Splatoon will be played for the first time in a competitive setting (other games are unknown, will be mix of old and new games)

First of, Hellblade was already known; what was shown recently was a "gameplay" (not much really) video and news about the game featuring some mental illness. Secondly, I think that microtransactions in MGS are still only a doubt raised but if true is indeed sad.

Except they're announcing heavy hitters like Fallout 4 and Mirror's Edge, those aren't the kinds of games you want to blow through the week before.

Why not? They would bring in a far wider audience than whatever else Bethesda/EA have to publish/develop (such as if Bethesda decide to do anything with Doom).

Why not? They would bring in a far wider audience than whatever else Bethesda/EA have to publish/develop (such as if Bethesda decide to do anything with Doom).

It takes away the surprise, which is part of the reason people even watch the conference. It's like if your parents told you the week before Christmas you were getting a PS4, it defeats the purpose.

It takes away the surprise, which is part of the reason people even watch the conference. It's like if your parents told you the week before Christmas you were getting a PS4, it defeats the purpose.

Even if I knew I was getting a PS4, I'd still want to have it. Even if I knew a game was coming, I'd still want to know as much as possible about it. I'd say the bigger draw for E3 is about the information rather than the unveiling but that's just me. The surprise to me is reading down the thread and seeing Fallout 4 is coming.

E3 conferences are become more for the investors anyway. The big wig triple A ones at least.

Wait, does this mean Josh "JWittz" Wittenkeller would be there?!

Surprised that no ones has mention the Smash Bros. video presentation/mini-direct Sakurai is going to host on the 14th at 7:40 a.m. PT. Does that mean all the smash news will be shown then and not during the main direct? Interesting...

Back