E3 2015 Discussion

Surprised that no ones has mention the Smash Bros. video presentation/mini-direct Sakurai is going to host on the 14th at 7:40 a.m. PT. Does that mean all the smash news will be shown then and not during the main direct? Interesting...
I thought I saw someone mention it but whatever.

Yeah Smash Direct early on Sunday. Ya'll should watch it.

In other news, Platinum just posted the following image on Twitter with the tag "Here's a boost to help you through Wednesday." Vanquish 2 Wii U exclusive ayyy.

qhcU2vV.jpg

It would have made more sense for Hyrule Warriors (3D) to be 'New 3DS' exclusive, but I get the extra sales from the massive 3DS install base is what they are going for. At the very least I hope it gets a graphical upgrade on the 'New 3DS' like MH4. This is also another 3DS game that will use amiibo.

The 100% Hyrule Warriors experience has become a costly one, and even more so if Tetra/King are not released as paid DLC. I'm also curious to see how much of the Wii U DLC will be in the 3DS version, if any. If it's not, will they also sell DLC packs for that game?

On a more general Nintendo E3 note, does anyone else find it kind of odd Mario Maker is Nintendo's headliner as of now? Mario Maker looks good, don't get me wrong, but it's not really the type of game to lead a Nintendo E3. This makes me think Mario Maker is not the only headliner, just the only one they have announced and can thus show or there is something else about Mario Maker we don't know that is substantial enough to lead the show. The only thing I could think of that would be a massive surprise is if Mario Maker also allowed users to make 3D Mario levels. That would be... wow.

On a more general Nintendo E3 note, does anyone else find it kind of odd Mario Maker is Nintendo's headliner as of now? Mario Maker looks good, don't get me wrong, but it's not really the type of game to lead a Nintendo E3. This makes me think Mario Maker is not the only headliner, just the only one they have announced and can thus show or there is something else about Mario Maker we don't know that is substantial enough to lead the show. The only thing I could think of that would be a massive surprise is if Mario Maker also allowed users to make 3D Mario levels. That would be... wow.

Well smaller download titles are becoming more and more popular now, just look at games like Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and Minecraft. So I don't think it's too big a deal that it's not a full scale retail game, it's a neat concept that will probably sell millions all the same.

I highly doubt we'll get to do 3D levels, 3D game design is a lot more complicated and probably beyond the ability of the game's target audience (there's a reason why almost all indie games are 2D).

OH BY THE WAY FORGOT A FEW THINGS

- Street Fighter V will launch in March 2016
- Persona 5 will have an international release in Winter 2015
- highly implied that something related to Wonderful 101 will be revealed
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero will be given a release date
- Yoshi's Woolly World will be given a US release date (yet every other region does, weird)
- Nintendo and Square Enix have something to reveal (it's something we don't know about)

Last edited:
Looks like the draw for Best Buy Mario Maker is an 8-bit clown car and Bowser Jr based on some ads.

If they come out with a new Wonderful 101 do they call it Wonderful 101 2 or Wonderful 102?

I hope it's actually a newcomer and not something like Wolf or Roy. Veterans as DLC don't excite me, and even less now considering they don't get any custom moves. Wouldn't look good if we go 3 roster expansions without a newcomer.

Lucas is peculiar in that selling him may be a way to gauge interest in Mother 3. Strong sales of Lucas certainly won't hurt any chances of localization. Having a Mother character DLC as opposed to included in the game allows data to be drawn that otherwise wouldn't. Lucas will be the only veteran I will purchase.

Further information, including renders and alt costumes, can be found here, but for now here's the single-player completion videos for RYU AND ROY.

Ryu:

Roy:

Last edited:
- Dishonored 2 will be announced
- PlaystationMove 2 hahahahahahahahaha
- one of the new games from Platinum is a Transformers game (title unknown)

DON'T FORGET SUPER SMASH BROS DIRECT IN ABOUT 12 HOURS FROM THIS POST

The Nintendo World Championship actually did use some unreleased games and we learned a couple of tidbits about upcoming games.

-Mario Maker is now called Super Mario Maker.
-One of the games shown was a new Metroid inspired soccer game called Blast Ball where you have to use guns to shoot a giant ball into the goal. I suspect this means that new main series Metroid games are on the horizon but probably won't be ready in 2015 (they'll probably still announce them in the Digital Event though).

Here's gameplay of Blast Ball:

Last edited:
One of the games shown was a new Metroid inspired soccer game called Blast Ball where you have to use guns to shoot a giant ball into the goal. I suspect this means that new main series Metroid games are on the horizon but probably won't be ready in 2015 (they'll probably still announce them in the Digital Event though).

I want a new Metroid as much as anyone else, but you're really reaching on this being related to Metroid in any way.

Bethesda's show has made me shed the most manliest tears. I need time to process what I just watched because it was so good. ;-;

I want a new Metroid as much as anyone else, but you're really reaching on this being related to Metroid in any way.

That's not reaching at all. In terms of game universe and gameplay elements it is so obviously Metroid, the HUD is similar to Prime's, the players all have 99 HP just like Samus, the health pickups resemble Energy Tanks and the game in general fits the Metroid universe like a glove. In terms of release schedule, it wouldn't be the first time that a spinoff game was released to satiate fans of a particular series. They explicitly said that they made Wind Waker HD for this purpose, to give Zelda fans something to play while waiting for the new Zelda game.

It's also worth noting that in the same round they played Blast Ball, they also had an elimination competition that involved speedrunning the Mother Brain battle and escape sequence from Super Metroid. They really gave Metroid a big marketing push during the championships.

Yeah, I really didn't watch the championships, so your viewpoint holds more value than mine I guess. To me, it literally just looks like a wacky Nintendo concept they'd do just because it's in their nature. Similarities to other games, such as Prime and Hunters, could be just Nintendo taking some working ideas from their other IPs (which they do sometimes). Not going to agree to your second point about Super Metroid though. They speedrunned a section of Super Metroid because that's the most popular game to speed run in the history of speedrunning. Very skill-intensive game, which I'm pretty sure was the point of the event.

Don't take my negativity on your speculation too far. I'm just really used to getting spurned as a Metroid fan. You could be right about this being a marketing scheme to prep for a new Metroid, but there's also a chance of Nintendo just being asses by teasing a nonexistent Metroid game like they usually do every year.

For those curious, the Pip-Boy edition of Fallout 4 (PS4, XBONE, and PC) is available on Amazon for $119.99. I'd probably wait a bit if you really want this edition since Amazon is going to get crammed with preorders seeing as it's the only place available to order atm.

Looking forward to the next main Pokémon game(s) being annouced 1-2 weeks prior to the E3 with new reveals at the E3 or a first reveal of the next main game(s) at E3.
Already? Seems like a little early for me.

Pokémon main games have come out every year since Platinum.

...in the west. We missed out on the break in between BW1 and BW2 because they started closing the gap between the Japanese and international release. In Japan, they've been consistently releasing 3 games every 4 years like usual.

Back