Art Gallery Light's Designs - Cards, Drawings, and Fakemon

Yes, I see a stray point in swablu's wing there, I'll change it; the tassels seem fine, though. Lady will stay blurry, I'm afraid; the image was small, so I had to scale it up, and the background... well, the 3ds' textures are hardly the best in resolution.

Thanks for the symbols, but I think I had that fixed already; that card is just really old.

I think I'm getting somewhere with the radiant colelction-like holos; do you guys think that full-blank holos would be too tacky?

Light_zpsutvnuwwt.png

My current plan is to make the megas like that, with the decorations in the blank without holo, and inverse it for the lower stages (holo decorations, matte blank, like the original RC); if I have enough ideas, I could maybe make a specific design for each individual line!

I'm personally not a fan of Radiant Collection holos because I do in fact find them tacky, but hey, if you make them work than sweet! I would say that this holosheet at present is a bit too dark and bit distracting, also making the card difficult to read. I'd also try not to put the holosheet on the Pokemon, as it distracts like that too (holosheets are particularly good at emphasising the Pokemon).

I do perfer the design on the M Gardevoir the most. I feel like it's more unique, and overall suits the theme of style the best.

I'm personally not a fan of Radiant Collection holos because I do in fact find them tacky, but hey, if you make them work than sweet! I would say that this holosheet at present is a bit too dark and bit distracting, also making the card difficult to read. I'd also try not to put the holosheet on the Pokemon, as it distracts like that too (holosheets are particularly good at emphasising the Pokemon).

What is it that you find tacky? If I can avoid that, I will. I love the RC holos, personally, and I just saw the couple full holos I have from RC, and I noticed they have two holographic layers, one for the decorations, and another one on the full card, even the image. I'm still undecided on whether or not to put a separate holosheet on the illustration, but I doubt I will; that would be tacky.

EDIT:
well_zpsx4hgd59r.gif

Did it anyway.

But I agree that in that ralts the holosheet made it too dark; I didn't mind because I was just goofing around, but I'll try to correct it for these ones.

I do perfer the design on the M Gardevoir the most. I feel like it's more unique, and overall suits the theme of style the best.

Why do you feel it suits "style"? I found it far too simple for it to be interesting. Not to mention it was a lazy idea in an effort to make something radically different.

Last edited:
What is it that you find tacky? If I can avoid that, I will. I love the RC holos, personally, and I just saw the couple full holos I have from RC, and I noticed they have two holographic layers, one for the decorations, and another one on the full card, even the image. I'm still undecided on whether or not to put a separate holosheet on the illustration, but I doubt I will; that would be tacky.
I guess I just find the RC Holos as distracting or busy mixed in with everything on the card, and prefer to see the non-holofied cards in those cases. When it comes to holosheets when I fake, I try to make them pretty light but still noticeable, but even then sometimes I think they just look awful. xP

But I agree that in that ralts the holosheet made it too dark; I didn't mind because I was just goofing around, but I'll try to correct it for these ones.

Why do you feel it suits "style"? I found it far too simple for it to be interesting. Not to mention it was a lazy idea in an effort to make something radically different.
I feel like it's got the whole "pose for the picture and look FABULOUS~" vibe to it, myself. Your choice.

I do have a request for Ralts art, if you'd be keen to hear it.

I feel like it's got the whole "pose for the picture and look FABULOUS~" vibe to it, myself. Your choice.

I do have a request for Ralts art, if you'd be keen to hear it.

Oh, you mean the render, not the card itself. That was definitely my intention, to see if they worked to illustrate the gardevoir card; I made a couple of those, hehe.

Please, do tell me, whatever do you need?

How does this look? And this?

I think they look divine, if I do say so myself. I still don't know what exactly I'll do for the megas, but what I do know is that all the pokemon in the set will have this style now! I don't even care that I'll have to redo what I've done so far.

:O!

Much better than I expected! You did well. There is *some* difficulty in reading, but you really can't get better than that! ^.^

I updated all the remaining Pokemon, as well as added a second attack to Gardevoir (yes, it's blatant favoritism, but the card looked too empty with an attack and an ability with so little text; besides, I wanted to give her something with synergy with the ability), but I don't know if I'll keep it; right now, she's either devastatingly powerful, or (with few energies and tools), incredibly weak; she pretty much needs to have one or two tools on her to be good.

Does the Megastones need holosheets? If you doing the Pokemon, I reckon the Trainers should get the treatment too. :p

And it's already done; I went for something simpler, though; just one holo symbol for each one, but I think that is better than an elaborate composition like I gave the Pokémon.
And I added Mareep to the list, as well.

Last edited:
Which one of these looks better?
I like the first one. :3

I've never been a huge fan of using ingame screenshots as art for cards; they just end up looking too pixelated. I had to use an ingame Driftveil Drawbridge image for a Stadium card in my own set, and regretted it soon after. :p

I like the first one. :3

I've never been a huge fan of using ingame screenshots as art for cards; they just end up looking too pixelated. I had to use an ingame Driftveil Drawbridge image for a Stadium card in my own set, and regretted it soon after. :p

The render?
I don't like the look of the in-game picture either; I managed to delete the player from it, but that's as far as I can get; it just looks strange, and I'd rather not attempt to make a render of that place. But it is the actual place, unlike the other one, which isn't as good either; I had to make those renders on a deadline, and they look horrible.

Eh, first one. I'm also against using in-game images, for reasons Jabber suggested.

Render it is, then; one of the few times that I couldn't decide because both alternatives were equally bad.

And I updated the list with Expert belt and Pokedoll.

Also, what do you all think of the balance? what is overpowered, what is too weak? any changes to the attacks I should made? I tend to make up the numbers based on what looks better, but that could leave the cards wildly differing in power.

Expert Belt should be:

"The attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to do 20 more damage (Before applying Weakness and Resistance)."

Back