Art Gallery Light's Designs - Cards, Drawings, and Fakemon

Expert Belt is basically Muscle Band, so that would be fine. PokeDoll sounds very powerful, as being able to stall or control your opponent's attacking even for just a few turns can make a win from a losing situation, which is a bit problematic from a competitive perspective.

Expert Belt is basically Muscle Band, so that would be fine. PokeDoll sounds very powerful, as being able to stall or control your opponent's attacking even for just a few turns can make a win from a losing situation, which is a bit problematic from a competitive perspective.

Even just one turn? the idea behind it was to turn it into a defence for basic Poke...

i%20de%20a_zpsrhg9dcpm.gif

How ever did I not think of this before?

"At the end of your turn (after your attack), switch your Active Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If your new Active Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, ignore all damage done to it by your opponent’s Pokémon’s attack during your opponent’s next turn."

One of my main issues with how powerful pokemon are now is that basic pokemon's HP didn't change as much; maybe now you'll have a 60hp basic that would be 50HP before, but if you're facing a pokemon that does 40 damage with 1 energy, you're dead in two turns either way. Pokedoll was meant to help with protecting defenseless pokemon if you have no other option than sending them; I realize now that I needed to make it more precise.

And the rest of the cards? how doable is it to have a deck with pokemon that rely so much on tools? I never gave a lot of thought to deck building with these cards, but considering the sheer number of cards that need tools to be effective, I imagine it might make using them well harder than it seems (which is why some get so powerful when they have tools, like minccino; they must compete with the others for the few tools you can get in your deck).

I can still see a similar issue as before that a deck could simple abuse it by including a Basic Pokemon and stall for multiple turns. Hmm. Maybe adding a check of "As long as you have no Energy cards in play? I'm not sure, really, how to nerf the effect but not too much as to prevent its intended use.

Most decks in present competitive play rely a LOT on tools, particularly Muscle Band (i.e. your Expert Belt). Generally decks will run the full 4 copies, and even then often end up discarding some through other methods as the situation calls for it. Generally decks will only have one main Pokemon attacker that will use the bulk of the Tools, anyway.

I can still see a similar issue as before that a deck could simple abuse it by including a Basic Pokemon and stall for multiple turns. Hmm. Maybe adding a check of "As long as you have no Energy cards in play? I'm not sure, really, how to nerf the effect but not too much as to prevent its intended use.

Most decks in present competitive play rely a LOT on tools, particularly Muscle Band (i.e. your Expert Belt). Generally decks will run the full 4 copies, and even then often end up discarding some through other methods as the situation calls for it. Generally decks will only have one main Pokemon attacker that will use the bulk of the Tools, anyway.

Wait, multiple turns? it would only let you stall one turn, unless you have more in the hand (and even then, you must switch the pokemon to a basic; even focusing on recovering the used pokedolls would be far too much trouble, I feel, compared to just attacking. I'll think of something.

I see; I'm hoping to avoid that here, personally (overreliance on one pokemon, not tool overuse; if it was the second one, I did a terrible job of it).

By multiple turns I mean that you could stream PokeDolls are technically have a four "protected" turns in a row. And, not really - decks do focus on stalling and not attacking, mainly to get your opponent to deck out or something similar.

Oh, fair enough.

It's been a few days now, right? I added Summer hat and Trendy glasses to the list.

I also came up with a new effect for M Gardevoir's Dishearten attack:

[P][P][Y][C] Dishearten 100
If this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokémon, discard a card attached to each of your opponent’s Pokémon. If the Pokémon being Knocked Out is a Pokémon EX, discard 2 cards attached to each of your opponent’s Pokémon. If the Pokémon being Knocked Out is a M Pokémon, discard all cards attached to one of your opponent’s Pokémon.

Too overpowered? my idea is for each mega to have a different tactic; Altaria slows the opponent down (increasing their energy cost, with the defense from Altarianite and her discard effect from Diva Dive), Ampharos spreads a lot of damage (with the splash damage from her power and attack, plus the new effect of Ampharosite) and Gardevoir just crushes morale, with a nice side effect of psychological warfare (healing your own pokemon, slowly discarding your opponent's cards and taking out their EXs and Megas tends to do that).
I'm thinking perhaps the damage is too much, but, it's a mega, and you only get one. Besides I've been trying to keep their damage relatively low and their HP relatively high, to balance them a little and make them last. Anything I should pay attention with those three?

Last edited:
I think there *may* be too much discarding, as preventing your opponent from coming back after being Knocked Out is very brutal. I would perhaps only give an effect if it is an EX or a M Pokemon, with 1 and 2 respectively for a single Pokemon, since it's less brutal.

For Summer Hat, you need to specify when during your turn the healing takes place. Here's a wording for it:

"In between turns, heal 10 damage from the Pokémon this card is attached to."

I think there *may* be too much discarding, as preventing your opponent from coming back after being Knocked Out is very brutal. I would perhaps only give an effect if it is an EX or a M Pokemon, with 1 and 2 respectively for a single Pokemon, since it's less brutal.

For Summer Hat, you need to specify when during your turn the healing takes place. Here's a wording for it:

"In between turns, heal 10 damage from the Pokémon this card is attached to."

Done, and, done! Is the new wording for Ampharosite well? I thought of it while writing that post, but I'm not too sure of the wording for "apply weakness and resistance", and also how do I make it take effect for both the attack and the ability.

Ampharosite should be worded as that of below. I've removed the Ability from the bottom effect as Abilities never place damage and thus are not applicable for Weakness and Resistance. Otherwise, wording comes from Wally, Wide Lens and general knowledge.

If the Active Pokemon this card is attached to is Ampharos, you may search your deck for a card that evolves from that Pokemon and put it on that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is M Ampharos, apply Weakness and Resistance for all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by that Pokemon's attacks.

Ampharosite should be worded as that of below. I've removed the Ability from the bottom effect as Abilities never place damage and thus are not applicable for Weakness and Resistance. Otherwise, wording comes from Wally, Wide Lens and general knowledge.

If the Active Pokemon this card is attached to is Ampharos, you may search your deck for a card that evolves from that Pokemon and put it on that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is M Ampharos, apply Weakness and Resistance for all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by that Pokemon's attacks.

I corrected all the megastones with that wording. Is there any way I can avoid having to write "that Pokémon" so often? it's getting quite annoying.

Also, I have a better effect for Diancie's Energy Refraction, but I'm not at all sure about the wording:
Old effect
As long as this Pokémon is in play, treat any [Y] Energy attached to this Pokémon as if it was attached to each of of your Pokémon.

New effect
As long as this Pokémon is in play, treat an amount of Energy Cards attached to your Pokémon equal to the amount of [Y] Energy Cards attached to this Pokémon as [Y] Energy Cards in addition to their type.​

Is it okay? the idea is that if Diancie has two [Y] energies on her, every single one of your pokemon will have two of their energies count as [Y] or whatever their regular type is. I thought that the first effect was complicated by adding "phantom" [Y] energies instead of replacing them; for example, it could possibly pair with M Ampharos or M Gardevoir, to get one to paralyze constantly and the other to do damage equal to [amount of (Y) energy on Diancie x amount of pokemon], and that's without pokemon tools, the acceleration of which Gardevoir covers perfectly well on her own.

I corrected all the megastones with that wording. Is there any way I can avoid having to write "that Pokémon" so often? it's getting quite annoying.
Unfortunately not. And it gets worse too when you're referring to your opponent's Active as well.

Also, I have a better effect for Diancie's Energy Refraction, but I'm not at all sure about the wording:
Old effect
As long as this Pokémon is in play, treat any [Y] Energy attached to this Pokémon as if it was attached to each of of your Pokémon.

New effect
As long as this Pokémon is in play, treat an amount of Energy Cards attached to your Pokémon equal to the amount of [Y] Energy Cards attached to this Pokémon as [Y] Energy Cards in addition to their type.​

Is it okay? the idea is that if Diancie has two [Y] energies on her, every single one of your pokemon will have two of their energies count as [Y] or whatever their regular type is. I thought that the first effect was complicated by adding "phantom" [Y] energies instead of replacing them; for example, it could possibly pair with M Ampharos or M Gardevoir, to get one to paralyze constantly and the other to do damage equal to [amount of (Y) energy on Diancie x amount of pokemon], and that's without pokemon tools, the acceleration of which Gardevoir covers perfectly well on her own.
Both effects really are very powerful, especially as Diancie is a basic meaning the effect can go in play without much work at all but also because the effect takes away the whole managing resources aspect of the game (mainly the first one). The effect also stacks at the moment, meaning you can be applying quadriple [Y] Energy with 4 Diancie out. It also stops any form of Energy denial, which isn't necessarily a good thing (once again, this is mainly the first one).

Wording probably can go:

Each Energy card attached to your Pokemon provides a number of [Y] Energy in addition to its existing types equal to the amount of [Y] Energy cards attached to this Pokemon.

Thanks! I don't quite understand, though, is the second one overpowered? after all, it merely replaces existing energy; you still need to have them, and you need to load energy onto diancie to get it more powerful; isn't that just a fairy-energy-exclusive acceleration?
The first one sounded overpowered, yes, that's why I thought of a better one with this new version; it happens to me often.

And Diancie is on the list now. Such a pity that the holosheet detracts from the details on the illustration.

I'm thinking that, when I finish them all and there's nothing left to correct, I'll probably upload them to photobucket and post the images; I know it's a hassle to have to follow the links every time, and I'm sorry, but there's simply no way photobucket can handle just how often I have to update them for even the smallest of details.

Last edited:
Thanks! I don't quite understand, though, is the second one overpowered? after all, it merely replaces existing energy; you still need to have them, and you need to load energy onto diancie to get it more powerful; isn't that just a fairy-energy-exclusive acceleration?
The first one sounded overpowered, yes, that's why I thought of a better one with this new version; it happens to me often.
It's still powerful, but at least it's not as OP. The main issue was that its stackable, but that looks fine now. ^.^

What ever could this be? a middle-of-the-week update?

This time, Cinccino and my first secret rare, Chimecho are added to the list.

Cinccino is a spiritual successor of this Cinccino, which I absolutely fell in love with, and have used to great (relatively, but great for me) success on TCGO, back when it let me play the damn thing. Its ability to stall the enemy while I built up my Psychic Mirage Gardevoir, Gallade, Meloetta and Cresselia EX was simply astonishing, and I wanted to bring it to my set.

Chimecho is the same as always; I just like the illustration and I didn't have anywhere else to put it. But the loose idea is to have it as a staller-starter of sorts; your opponent doesn't get prizes from KOing it, it can stall with confusion and help accelerate the game as more pokemon get in the field.

Last edited:
That Cinccino is very powerful. It is not only stackable meaning your opponent has to flip multiple times, it gives a 50% protection to basically all of your Pokemon and causes the game to fall to luck very easily. I'd say it is a staple due to how powerful it is. :p

More love for Chimecho! That card looks gorgeous, and a great set-up ability too.

Thanks! Lovely to see a new face around here.

That Cinccino is very powerful. It is not only stackable meaning your opponent has to flip multiple times, it gives a 50% protection to basically all of your Pokemon and causes the game to fall to luck very easily. I'd say it is a staple due to how powerful it is. :p

Forgot the "only one per turn" clause, hehe. EDIT: Done!
It is powerful, certainly, especially when paired with Gardevoir and a tool, but don't forget that unlike the other Cinccino, it depends on all the pokemon having tools to be affected, which isn't that easy to do without filling up your deck with tools; I thought that would balance the fact that the protection doesn't apply only to Cinccino anymore.

Still, I wouldn't mind it at all if it was a staple; encouraging the use of tools is the main thing of the collection.
And I can tell you from experience that with the pokemon as they are now and the EX in particular, full protection is the bare minimum you need to make a deck with a pokemon like Cinccino and stage-2 pokemon to work; I put it on every one of my decks just to buy me some time while I got my non-ex, non-accelerated pokemon up. Without it, I lost every single time. I still remember those goddamn reshiram and zekrom; and that donphan prime! 60 damage with 1 energy? this Cinccino wouldn't be enough to stop that thing.

Last edited:
Forgot the "only one per turn" clause, hehe. EDIT: Done!
It is powerful, certainly, especially when paired with Gardevoir and a tool, but don't forget that unlike the other Cinccino, it depends on all the pokemon having tools to be affected, which isn't that easy to do without filling up your deck with tools; I thought that would balance the fact that the protection doesn't apply only to Cinccino anymore.
Even still, I'd still argue it is a bit too powerful. Keep in mind that filling your deck up with tools isn't really a bad thing, so this is basically something that makes the strong get stronger, at least in my opinion. Anyways, that's just my two cents - you're the designer! ^_^

Back