General Pokemon Shuffle

I got the stone and didn't end up using any items because I didn't have the coins to do so and the event ended while I was still in Indianapolis.

Yeah I'll probably stick to Ampharos.

On a different note, what do you guys think about the Tepig/Pignite event? Do you think Emboar is gonna be an expert stage or event, and do you think it'll have 70 or 80 base AP?

Tepig was easy to get. It isn't worth it to use items since it lasts for two weeks. If Pignite and Emboar end up lasting two weeks, I'll probably not use items for them. I dislike the Jirachi concept greatly. You only get once chance per day to catch it and only 4 days. Its ridiculous and hopefully it will be released again as a longer term event.

I agree with your sentiments on Jirachi. I caught it on the first day with a Great Ball, thankfully. I missed the once a day Pinsir event because I was out of town.

Jirachi is only good if you plan on using Mega Mawile. It's a 70 AP with Mega Boost +.

I need to level up more. I feel like all these stages are built for high-level Pokémon. I'm struggling just to clear them.

As I am sure others have mentioned or noticed, I just want to air my grievances with the catch rates. I don't believe them to be accurate. When the Manaphy stage was out, I tried 38 times in a row to catch it with the catch rate at or above 24%. Now, I recognize that could warrant a few times, but not this many. Likewise, today Torkoal - at over 50% - took me 11 times to actually catch. And, worst of all, it took me 9 times to catch Hippodown with a catch rate at or above 85%. These are all pretty typical of my experience of the odds not seeming too correct (even worse than getting tails on PTGO coin flips). I should mention, I have not spent any real money on the game, so maybe it's trying to scam some out of me (not gonna happen).

It sounds like you're just super unlucky :(. I haven't spent a penny on the game, and while I get awful catching luck sometimes, *cough Haxorus cough* the percentages are fairly accurate for me.

@PMJ what types/stages are you having the most trouble with? I could probably offer a few tips.

I'm pretty sure it's just a strength issue. Grinding Buneary or Snorlax or Ampharos is ultra boring, but it's a necessary evil, I suppose.

Recently I've been stuck on Excadrill. It always seems to throw wooden blocks wherever my best match is. I swear it isn't random and intentionally gets rid of your combos. Avaluug was difficult until I learned it only disrupts in the beginning if you don't do a combo.

King Arceus what Pokemon are you using? I lost to Excadrill with Mega Blastoise, but then switched to Mega Glalie which worked better.

I used: Mega Glalie, Kyogre, Sceptile, Articuno. You'll probably need some luck on this one (the blocks totally suck), but Mega Glalie seemed to give me the most success. If all else fails, Disruption Delay.

EDIT: If you have Shaymin and it's a high enough level (mine's only 4 right now), I would definitely recommend bringing that. Sleep Charm would be killer against Excadrill.

I tried Mega Blastoise at first, but had better luck once I started using Mega Gengar. My other Pokemon I use are Milotic, Blastoise, and Kyogre because they all can help with disruption removal. My Shaymin I haven't used so that is out of the question.

It's quite hard to get enough S Ranks to get to Genesect...! :confused: Looks like I have to get a lot of "Extra Moves +5", or something, to get them.
It's especially difficult for some of those >25 moves Pokémon. I defeat them, but I always land at 10 moves or less left, which doesn't give me any S.

Anybody who knows how many moves that have to be left to get an S? Percentage, or something? Or maybe having a certain number of points?

Luckily I got Heracronite today, so maybe the chances increases a little bit...!? I really hope so, anyway.

Last edited:
You need half of your moves left on most stages to get an S rank. The only exception I know of is Haxorus. On stages with odd move numbers (i.e. 15) the game is nice and does half rounded down (finish with 7 moves left to get an S rank). For most of the stages, a Moves +5 will do the trick, but you will probably need more on the particularly hard stages. Whenever I'm short on coins I just grind on main stage Meowth so I can buy a ton of Moves +5.

Thanks for the tip, Supa_Hot_Fire! :D I'd forgotten about that (main) Meowth stage. Probably because we get the Special Meowth Stage every weekend.

I finally got Jirachi today. I used attack up and then had to use a Great Ball because 47% wasn't good enough.

Thoughts on Arceus? I feel like unless they work in some multitype ability, it's just going to be a trophy-mon due do its type. I'm currently grinding coins so I can use Mega Start, Attack Power Up, Disruption Delay, and have $ for two Great Balls (Overkill, I know, but I always neglect my fighting 'mon level wise except Lucario).

I'm in the process of getting more coins so I can use items as well. I didn't even come close when I tried without items. Unfortunately the Meowth was not nice to me giving me very few combos.

Thoughts on Arceus? I feel like unless they work in some multitype ability, it's just going to be a trophy-mon due do its type. I'm currently grinding coins so I can use Mega Start, Attack Power Up, Disruption Delay, and have $ for two Great Balls (Overkill, I know, but I always neglect my fighting 'mon level wise except Lucario).

Can confirm: is Trophymon

Back