Project Custom is Back! Please refer to new thread. This is Dead :]

Are you excited for Project Custom?

• Total voters
RE: Project Custom is Back! Season 2 Open Entry Thread!

If you wanna submit a banner, avatar or trainer card we can re-evaluate you :]

If not, let me tell you that the role of fan in Project Custom has gotten some new found glory. Not only will there be more things to watch, you will also be a part of the voting! More details will be explained once the thread is up.

-Black Rayquaza

Trainer Card:
tcue7d.png

Banner:
ex.png

pcartwork3.gif

I've put just one example for each, but I think you know my work BR!

Thy

You're in :] You can only get better....

-Black Rayquaza

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj233/SS_Tahmino/

That's the link to my photobucket account...

It's got many categories, and it mostly revolves around Fakemon... But Fakemon isn't my only interests... I can do pretty much anything if I set my mind to it...
I've been practicing scratch spritng, and have been trying to amp up my sig skills in photoshop, I'm just stickin with basic thins like "Cloud" right now... Since I never have to much time.
I can do TCs very easily... I even try to make new templates, but I never get to far.

I just really want to be part of a project that is fun an interesting at the same time... And his seems like the place to be.

Your banners are good enough for you to make it in.....but please brush up your skills as far as Banners, Avvys, and TC's over this next month....if you dont come in strong, Im not sure you could survive long with the kind of artists we have in here. Nonetheless great art so far, so just keep workin at it.

-Black Rayquaza

Congrats Crime!

BR, you might wanna add that this isn't finalized. At this rate, we could have way more than twenty acceptable artists.

^ Yeah... Like I said... my banners have been very simple, because I don't get to spend enough time in photoshop to really put any effort into them...
But I know that I can do good... But I also know that my banners/sigs... (even after working on them), arn't as good as alot of peoples.

Black Rayquaza said:
peterrab said:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1280/mystuffun7.png

A sample of my work. If you want to see more check out SIG's card set gallery, lots of fusions and customs I made I have also turned into cards for that game. I mostly work with sprites, but I occaisonally fake cards too. I have ben a spriter for about two years.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6874/kingdralvlxsn0.png

A fake card I have made. Art from Deviant Art.

I don't know if you knew, but Project Custom doesnt involve spriting. Your welcome to use it in the no-restrictions challenge, but since not all people are spriters its mostly the more popular forms of art (Banner, Avvy, TC, Fanfic)

INFERNAPE-Why does noone READ the first post....this isnt the thread for you to post in :]

-Black Rayquaza

XD.......My bad.....

Its cool....dont worry about it. Anyone else wanna try their luck at getting in??? 7 Spots still there :D

-Black Rayquaza

This could be fun OK i'll go for it here is my entry:
zapdosbanner.png

x0_0x fingers crossed...

tttlite said:
This could be fun OK I'll go for it here is my entry:
zapdosbanner.png

x0_0x fingers crossed...

submit more please.....all that banner is to me is a Plain grey backround, some common brushwork and a Sugimori Zapdos.....Its not a horrible banner but its not wowing us....so show us more before we make a decision.

-Black Rayquaza

I know. I read about this is only for people to try and get it... but can you give me a sample rundown of what I should practice. I haven't really done anything besides banners from months. I need to practice. Thanks!

~bonsly

Well, we knew this would come up sometime. Aqua Smeargle was kind enough to upload every piece done in PC1 to a Photobucket Gallery. I'll add it to the first post. There you can see the level of quality and effort put into these....every kind of art you see there (Avatar, Banner, Trainer Card, etc) you should try to make at least 1 of before PC2 Starts.

-Black Rayquaza

^Yeah, it would be good practice. Much of the same will be in PC2, but there will be new things as well.

Light Venusaur said:

As of right now, I cant make a decision. TBPH, nothing Wow'd me....all of whats up there (besides the hand drawn, which Project Custom doesnt do) could be done fairly easily. The only piece that attracted some attention was the rainbow text, something I've only seen a few times....so Im not going to say yes, but Im not going to say no. I'd like to see some newer art to gage where your at and talk with A_S before I make a Final Decision....a Banner, Avvy or Trainer Card would be best.

-Black Rayquaza

Banner:
Banner-Contest_VapJolty.png

Trainer Card: (Brand New, made with in the last 2 hours.)
TrainerCard-LV1.png

Light Venusaur said:
Banner:
Banner-Contest_VapJolty.png

Trainer Card: (Brand New, made with in the last 2 hours.)
TrainerCard-LV1.png

Sorry, after talking with a couple judges we dont think your work is refined enough to last long in Project Custom....the edges off the Trainer Card are still on and the banner has no border or anything :(

I'd suggest you look at some of the winners last season and their level of quality....then try and make a couple new things and submit them here....we'll re-evaluate and make another decision...but for now, its a no.

-Black Rayquaza

tttlite said:
If you could re-evaluate me that would be great. Here is my Photobucket:
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj159/tttlite/
I haven't used it much so it's not filled with art still thank you anyway.

For right now, I just dont think your experenced enough to be a competitor.....all I see is brushwork and Sugimoris...and that will only get you so far. If June 1st comes and our spots arent filled and we really need a competitor, you may get a spot.....but as for right now its a no.

Sorry,
-Black Rayquaza

Back