Pokemon What Drives You Crazy in Pokémon?

What drives me a bit crazy are the Events!
In the beginning it was ok, as we got them through the Internet/Wi-Fi. Now we only get them from in-shop Events!
More and more of those Events have stopped coming to my country (Norway), even though the rest of Europe gets them. I hate it that no game shops here ever got Meloetta...! And I fear that the same thing will happen to Hoopa! :(
No, bring back the Wi-Fi downloading. Then at least everybody gets a chance.
I can get in-shop events just fine, but what bugs me is that we get TWO Diancie events in a year, yet no Jirachi events!

That my least favorite region of all time is the most "popular" to the point it constantly likes try and find ways to overshadow all of the other regions out there that deserve the attention much more than this region in particular. I am of course talking about Kanto, whose Pokemon basically stole the entire spotlight in X/Y to the point the decision to not include Kalos Mega Evolutions absolutely bugged me since this allowed people to use the early game Kanto Starters which have Mega Evolutions instead of the original starters you get to choose from. Not only that, but the Kanto Starters being early game to begin with bugs me enough as it is. In addition, the very first Wild Pokemon you encounter in X/Y? A Pidgey. A Pokemon straight from Gen I.

Basically Gen I got far too much new content for their own Pokemon in regards to Mega Evolutions, and that the later gens didn't get anywhere near as much or barely anything at all to the point Mega Evolution felt like wasted potential due to how unequal it was towards overly favoring Gen I Pokemon and barely including Pokemon from other Generations with Mega Evolutions. Why else do you think I worship Pokemon like Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza for being Legendary Pokemon outside of Gen I to get Mega Evolutions?

IVs. Those [insert long list of insults here] that end up making me think low of my pokémon when they don't get IVs high enough... The Synchronize rate still being only 50%... And Synchonize not being usable on mystery gifts and other gift pokémon in-game. It's just annoying to reset try after try, and for some reason, you "never" get the nature you want as if the AI is playing with you...

In-store events annoy me to much. Especially when they're Pokémon that are event-exclusive. When are we getting another Meloetta or Genesect? I missed out because, ya know, not everyone lives within 10-15 miles of a Gamestop. Closest one to me is a 55-mile drive away.

What I think would be of more convenience to some people is, make all event-exclusive Pokémon come to us via Wi-Fi events. Then for in-store events, make them Pokémon that we can get every day in-game, but to make them worthwhile, make in-store events shiny or with egg moves that usually can only be obtained via chain-breeding (Water Spout Blastoise, for example). Even attaching items that would normally cost BP would be something.

Another thing I can't stand though, is the fact Gamestop has Pokémon events, but not our local Pokémon League stores.

In-store events annoy me to much. Especially when they're Pokémon that are event-exclusive. When are we getting another Meloetta or Genesect? I missed out because, ya know, not everyone lives within 10-15 miles of a Gamestop. Closest one to me is a 55-mile drive away.

What I think would be of more convenience to some people is, make all event-exclusive Pokémon come to us via Wi-Fi events. Then for in-store events, make them Pokémon that we can get every day in-game, but to make them worthwhile, make in-store events shiny or with egg moves that usually can only be obtained via chain-breeding (Water Spout Blastoise, for example). Even attaching items that would normally cost BP would be something.

Another thing I can't stand though, is the fact Gamestop has Pokémon events, but not our local Pokémon League stores. Players need to support the place they play at,

That my least favorite region of all time is the most "popular" to the point it constantly likes try and find ways to overshadow all of the other regions out there that deserve the attention much more than this region in particular. I am of course talking about Kanto, whose Pokemon basically stole the entire spotlight in X/Y to the point the decision to not include Kalos Mega Evolutions absolutely bugged me since this allowed people to use the early game Kanto Starters which have Mega Evolutions instead of the original starters you get to choose from. Not only that, but the Kanto Starters being early game to begin with bugs me enough as it is. In addition, the very first Wild Pokemon you encounter in X/Y? A Pidgey. A Pokemon straight from Gen I.

Basically Gen I got far too much new content for their own Pokemon in regards to Mega Evolutions, and that the later gens didn't get anywhere near as much or barely anything at all to the point Mega Evolution felt like wasted potential due to how unequal it was towards overly favoring Gen I Pokemon and barely including Pokemon from other Generations with Mega Evolutions. Why else do you think I worship Pokemon like Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza for being Legendary Pokemon outside of Gen I to get Mega Evolutions?

I don't think Kanto is the most popular, just the most symbolic since it'll always be the series' first one! Secondly, I don't think that Kanto starter's Megas were a way to "promote" Kanto or was due to the region but as a way to bring older fans (namely those from the first games) aboard the concept of Mega-Evolution and that's why they went so far as to create Origins!

Dang, I don't even understand why some of you guys play the games anymore. But yeah, on to my whining.

1. Lack of customization for characters in X/Y - I'm really REALLY glad that they added character customization in gen 6, but a few little things kinda erk me. For one thing, I wish I could toggle hats off. I'm pretty much stuck wearing a Beanie to not look ridiculous. I also wish that the clothing variety was a bit more widened. As some people mentioned, girls can't even wear shorts. That seems very silly.

2. Lack of respect from Pokemon Company - Pokemon Origins was a step in the right direction, but honestly it seems that Pokemon doesn't give a crap about any of its older fans. Beginning of every game? Your a 10 year old. Characters in every season of the anime? A bunch of 10 year olds. I get that its "tradition" to have this be the basis of Pokemon, but when more than half of your dedicated fans are NOT 10 year olds it's kinda annoying.

3. Not bringing over features that are LOVED from game to game - HG/SS granted everyone's wished and let your Pokemon walk with you. I don't think a single person who played that game disliked that feature. Yet, BW comes out and Pokemon decides to not keep the feature going. I heard somewhere that it has something to do with keeping each game fresh and remember-able, but that's just a giant middle finger to the fans. If character customization isn't brought over to the next games (yes, ORAS didn't have it, it makes sense they would keep the same character in a remake) I'll have a meltdown.

4. Not regulating the TCG non-official sales prices - Shaymin EX is a 25 dollar card and most decks run about 2-3 copies. If Pokemon were to release a Shaymin EX tin, I'm 100% sure they would make mountains of money. It would also make deck builders i.e their fans a lot happier.

Beginning of every game? Your a 10 year old. Characters in every season of the anime? A bunch of 10 year olds. I get that its "tradition" to have this be the basis of Pokemon, but when more than half of your dedicated fans are NOT 10 year olds it's kinda annoying.

In RSE/ORAS you start as a 12 year old.
In Pokémon Colosseum you start off as a late teen.
In BW you start as a 14 year old.
In Pokémon XY you start as a 17+ year old, as you're taller than 16 year old Emma from the Looker Missions.

BTW, even in RBGY/FRLG you don't start off as a 10 year old, as Red is 11.

In RSE/ORAS you start as a 12 year old.
In Pokémon Colosseum you start off as a late teen.
In BW you start as a 14 year old.
In Pokémon XY you start as a 17+ year old, as you're taller than 16 year old Emma from the Looker Missions.

BTW, even in RBGY/FRLG you don't start off as a 10 year old, as Red is 11.

I know that isn't the exact age, but my point is that every game you start off as a kid, I thought that was pretty apparent. And I don't know if how tall your character is a great way to judge age, she could just be really short, or they didn't want other characters to be that much taller than you (no counting AZ of course).

Right now the thing that drives me crazy is the first turn priority issue with mega evolution. Mega evolution is supposed to be a make over for previously useless Pokemon (competitively) so that they can be more relevant now. But with the current first turn priority issue, some of the mega have to lose a slot for protect or they are going to risk being KO'ed first turn before they get to do anything at all.

Right now the thing that drives me crazy is the first turn priority issue with mega evolution. Mega evolution is supposed to be a make over for previously useless Pokemon (competitively) so that they can be more relevant now. But with the current first turn priority issue, some of the mega have to lose a slot for protect or they are going to risk being KO'ed first turn before they get to do anything at all.
They have that hinder to prevent them from breaking the game.

They have that hinder to prevent them from breaking the game.

Breaking the game, seriously? Let's look at my a few examples, Beedrill, not very big and high power STAB move pool to take advantage of Adaptability. With that paper thin 40 defense, a lot of thing can take it out in the first turn if it doesn't pack Protect. Then there are also Absol and Banette, also with paper thin defenses, why can't they that priority for that first turn, GF?

Breaking the game, seriously? Let's look at my a few examples, Beedrill, not very big and high power STAB move pool to take advantage of Adaptability. With that paper thin 40 defense, a lot of thing can take it out in the first turn if it doesn't pack Protect. Then there are also Absol and Banette, also with paper thin defenses, why can't they that priority for that first turn, GF?
Wait a second, are you talking about the VG or TCG? Apologies, TCG has a first turn hindrance for them as well, hence my confusion. I managed to translate Protect as "keep on the bench and sacrifice a Pokemon to protect the Mega".

I think he's talking about the Speed issue with Mega evos... On the turn you Mega evolve, the Mega will still have its base form's speed... It will only get its base speed stat boost (if any obviously) on the subsequent turns...

Don't most people use U-Turn on Beedrill, so it's not killed the first turn?
Also, Absol and Banette both get Protect.

Don't most people use U-Turn on Beedrill, so it's not killed the first turn?
Also, Absol and Banette both get Protect.

I understand Absol and Banette can protect, but that's like a waste of a move slot just for that first turn. Beedrill defense is 40, speed 90 on first turn, there are things that can KO it before it even has a chance to U-turn.

I don't think Kanto is the most popular, just the most symbolic since it'll always be the series' first one! Secondly, I don't think that Kanto starter's Megas were a way to "promote" Kanto or was due to the region but as a way to bring older fans (namely those from the first games) aboard the concept of Mega-Evolution and that's why they went so far as to create Origins!

... The way you worded that made it sound more like outright stating that Gen I actually is stealing the spotlight from the Gen VI mons, and even then, those are some pretty annoying reasons since, again, Gen I already stole the spotlight once, and now they're doing it again with Gen VI. The absolute biggest reason I love B/W? No old Pokemon til Post-Game. Which is why I immediately begin throwing sins to people who trade over mons from prior gens over to a Pre-Game B/W save; it basically defeats the entire point that existed with B/W to begin with.

... The way you worded that made it sound more like outright stating that Gen I actually is stealing the spotlight from the Gen VI mons, and even then, those are some pretty annoying reasons since, again, Gen I already stole the spotlight once, and now they're doing it again with Gen VI. The absolute biggest reason I love B/W? No old Pokemon til Post-Game. Which is why I immediately begin throwing sins to people who trade over mons from prior gens over to a Pre-Game B/W save; it basically defeats the entire point that existed with B/W to begin with.

For a player like me, I have to play every Pokemon game with a Pidgeot and Vaporeon

I don't think it's stealing but it's selling itself. Game Freak considers Megas as new Pokémon and so they didn't wanted to create any further (truly) new Pokémon and went ahead with the process of giving old Pokémon evolution in the form of Megas. Gen. V was a fresh start and promoted as such, Gen. VI wasn't, despite having new numbered routes.Also, Gen. V was a new start and yet there is criticism because Gen, V's Pokémon seem to follow Gen. I pattern of types, species, number of evolution and methods so Game Freak can't start anew each and every generation. If someone starts with Gen. VI is sad because they'll have a lot of baggage while having a new concept that isn't applied for that generation's starters.
The selling wasn't even more to Gen. I or any other generation but more to fandom's likings and that's why we have two Mega Charizard, two Mega Mewtwo and why Mega Blaziken was stupidly introduced when ASOR was coming.

As for BW and as an example, I didn't feel right in traing Pokémon from older generations that I captured in those "waves" (those things that weredisplayed in the gatewaysscreens and which I don't remember the name). Even if not being able to, at first I was wishing to migrate some older Pokémon but then I looked at the offer in Isshu and decided that it was best that way and as a Grass trainer, the offer is simple but nice.

Personally I really hate how Mega Garchomp looks (He is one of my fav Pokemon). He starts as this agile flying blade dragon thing then when he goes Mega he turns into a ugly rough not flying huge blade spiky thing. But the face is what gets me the most... it... like completely changed (and not in a good way).

Back