“Battle Partners” Set to Release in Japan in January, Return of Owner’s Pokemon!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new set named Battle Partners has been revealed through distributor listings! It will release in Japan on January 24th.
The set’s card sleeve and deck box will feature Iono. Releasing alongside the set will also be a “Collection File N” and “Collection File Lillie.”
As the name implies, Battle Partners will feature notable Pokemon Trainers alongside their Pokemon.

Iono-189x200.png

N-126x200.png

USUM_Lillie-78x200.png

But here’s where it gets interesting!
On February 21st, two new preconstructed decks will release named “Starter Set ex Steven’s Beldum & Metagross ex” and “Starter Set ex Marnie’s Morpeko & Grimmsnarl ex.” This seems to indicate the return of Owner’s Pokemon!

Steven-109x200.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Very intriguing! I wonder if sets then now will have ex, Tera ex, ACE SPECs, Future/Past Pokemon, and now also Trainer Tag Teams, or if something will get retired for the time being

So the Team Rocket set is not SV9, huh? Maybe SV9a. But still, kinda curious why they are not going with a Kalos set like they did for year 3 of SWSH and Legends Arceus. I'm really starting to believe AZ is not releasing at the beginning of next year and might actually be a november 2025 release.

There were other mechanics before Tag Teams that featured multiple Pokemon, so I remain hopeful they won't repeat the same mistake twice in such a short time period. There are many cool ways to pull off the concept of "two Pokemon" without just making them into a single overpowered card.
"Owner's" Pokemon is a relatively inconsequential mechanic that just makes deckbuilding more stringent - unless they release some crazy support cards that break a specific Trainer.

I kinda hope it's like restored Pokemon meets tag team- they have a unique condition to get th em into play probably involving whichever trainer they belong too, and wouldnt be basics because of this.

my kingdom for an actual Lorelei card before the 8000th Lillie
Lillie, while undoubtedly one of the very, very best characters in the franchise (seriously, all the praise to her writers), has caused irreparable damage to the TCG market by normalizing the taxes for female characters. (Her ties to a certain monstrous former PokeTuber also leaves a bad taste in MY mouth, personally.) I'm just glad that the artists always knock it out of the park with her!

I'm still salty that we never got the bulk of the Full Arts from TAG All Stars. Those 14 missing FA Supporters are gonna haunt me forever, Misty and Lorelei being chief among them. I, too, am all for the movement for Lorelei to get her own solo outing in the TCG!

Back