“Battle Partners” Set to Release in Japan in January, Return of Owner’s Pokemon!

I'd love to see a meta with Tag Teams, stage 2 330hp exs, stellar pokemon, owner's pokemon, vstars (if they haven't rotated) and possibly even dark pokemon and mega pokemon all competing for BDIF. Who knows, maybe they'll release a stellar dark mega tag team owner's pokemon?

I'd love to see a meta with Tag Teams, stage 2 330hp exs, stellar pokemon, owner's pokemon, vstars (if they haven't rotated) and possibly even dark pokemon and mega pokemon all competing for BDIF. Who knows, maybe they'll release a stellar dark mega tag team owner's pokemon?
All VSTARs will rotate when this is introduced,

Very intriguing! I wonder if sets then now will have ex, Tera ex, ACE SPECs, Future/Past Pokemon, and now also Trainer Tag Teams, or if something will get retired for the time being
I have a feeling that ACE SPEC is going to be phased out in year 3. That and Past/Future pokemon and it's keywords are going to be much less common. They have printed a ton of ACE SPECS and the new ones that they create are probably just going to powercreep the ones from the past.

A lot of yall are jumping the gun on Tag Teams, I’m pretty sure the title of the decks just means both Beldum and Metagross will be Steven’s, and Morpeko and Grimmsnarl will be Marnie’s. I doubt the introduction of Owner’s Pokémon will have two Pokémon per card, plus a trainer in the alt arts. And I doubt they’re going back to 3 Prize cards any time soon, they’ve introduced too many effects that increase the number of prizes taken with 1 knock out recently.
Yeah this makes more sense really. Im still bummed that Metagross got a starder deck ex
Theyre usually not very good.

So the Team Rocket set is not SV9, huh? Maybe SV9a. But still, kinda curious why they are not going with a Kalos set like they did for year 3 of SWSH and Legends Arceus. I'm really starting to believe AZ is not releasing at the beginning of next year and might actually be a november 2025 release.

I personally think the fact that we still know practically nothing about the game and the fact that we weren't told it was for Switch -with the Switch logotype introducing the trailer like which any other Switch game- probably means it'll be a launch game for Switch's successor, and we still don't know anything about that one either. My bet is Spring 2024. Even thought I'm not playing the TCG anymore I still like to follow news on cards, sets and meta developments, and one of the reasons is to try and predict when Pokémon ZA will come out :p If it really comes out that late next year, I don't think we're going to have the tenth generation games then, which I'm REALLY glad about, because I want them to give them enough development time. Enough with that over-accelerated rythmn of a new generation every three years! :mad: I really loved Scarlet and Violet, but if the game had been much more polished on graphics and performance, it'd have really been a 10/10 for me... Except we didn't get any Battle Tower... Althought the one in gen 8 was really bad.

I personally think the fact that we still know practically nothing about the game and the fact that we weren't told it was for Switch -with the Switch logotype introducing the trailer like which any other Switch game- probably means it'll be a launch game for Switch's successor, and we still don't know anything about that one either. My bet is Spring 2024. Even thought I'm not playing the TCG anymore I still like to follow news on cards, sets and meta developments, and one of the reasons is to try and predict when Pokémon ZA will come out :p If it really comes out that late next year, I don't think we're going to have the tenth generation games then, which I'm REALLY glad about, because I want them to give them enough development time. Enough with that over-accelerated rythmn of a new generation every three years! :mad: I really loved Scarlet and Violet, but if the game had been much more polished on graphics and performance, it'd have really been a 10/10 for me... Except we didn't get any Battle Tower... Althought the one in gen 8 was really bad.
They're never going to deviate from it because it'll affect merchandise and TCG sales. The real solution that would fix everything would just be to find a new studio to partner up with for alternating generations. Then we could get 3-year generations with 6-year dev cycles.

They're never going to deviate from it because it'll affect merchandise and TCG sales. The real solution that would fix everything would just be to find a new studio to partner up with for alternating generations. Then we could get 3-year generations with 6-year dev cycles.
We can get brand new mega evolutions for ZA to get new merchandise and cards! ^^ Even some new forms, regional variants or whatever.

I'm happy that vstars are rotated before these tag teams come. And also Tag Teams last time had powerful GX attack and these are ex which doesn't have any once per game attack

I'm happy about it. I didn't get to play last time Tag teams irl because I started play during corona and there was no irl tournaments in 2020. Only played with them in PTCGO

You say that but already the TCG sets show that the launch date won't be in January/February 2025.

Then does it make sense for them to release PLZA and Gen 10 within the same year and only between March-November?

Gen 10 is not going to be 2025.

You say that but already the TCG sets show that the launch date won't be in January/February 2025.

Then does it make sense for them to release PLZA and Gen 10 within the same year and only between March-November?

Gen 10 is not going to be 2025.
Why wouldn’t it? Gen 9 and legend also had a short time frame. Gen 10 will clearly be their 30th anniversary thing and that is in 2026.

I'm happy that vstars are rotated before these tag teams come. And also Tag Teams last time had powerful GX attack and these are ex which doesn't have any once per game attack

I'm happy about it. I didn't get to play last time Tag teams irl because I started play during corona and there was no irl tournaments in 2020. Only played with them in PTCGO
You're assuming these are TAG TEAMs when nothing in the article has suggested they are actually bringing back TAG TEAMs. Notice how ACE SPECS were actually officially announced and confirmed. You do realize these are just reading as "Steven's Beldum" and "Steven's Metagross"? Pokemon Community is so stupid and makes so many dumb assumptions a lot.

You're assuming these are TAG TEAMs when nothing in the article has suggested they are actually bringing back TAG TEAMs. Notice how ACE SPECS were actually officially announced and confirmed. You do realize these are just reading as "Steven's Beldum" and "Steven's Metagross"? Pokemon Community is so stupid and makes so many dumb assumptions a lot.
No. I don't think they are called as Tag Teams. They are just 2 pokemons in same card

They are character's cards not Tag Teams

I don't think these cards are going to be tag teams and I hope I'm right. I'm really hoping for some nice card designs for the trainer's pokemon as well, something like the rising rivals style would be my ideal, just anything that has a character portrait on non-ar cards. Also would be cool to see cards with multiple tags and synergies that could open up a cool design space. Something like Cynthia, steven, n being part of a "champion" group that synergizes with each other with gym leader and evil team groups as well. Deckbuilding could be more interesting still if there are synergies that incentivize combining cards across groups as well so there are wide ranges of deck diversity.

Those aren’t cards with more than one pokemon. Those are just VS type cards (owner Pokémon) returning. Nothing suggests otherwise. They will probably preview this as the new “gimmick” at worlds.

Well Tag Teams are sort of the easy way of reintroducing Mega Evolution to the TCG without actually making it a mechanic again. Should be great art, though. Guzma's Golisopod & Mega Pinsir pls
Cynthia's Mega Garchomp and Gastrodon, Blue's Mega Pidgeot and Aerodactyl, Korrina's Mega Lucario and Machoke...you know what, this would actually be the best way to bring back megas. I fully support this theory!

Back