“Battle Partners” Set to Release in Japan in January, Return of Owner’s Pokemon!

Is it 100% guaranteed Tag Teams are coming back? Cuz the decks released at the start of the SV era also had "&"s in their names, and that just denoted "a deck with this basic Pokemon and this Pokemon ex in it". Just curious if there's a distinction in this case.

YIPPEE!! I love the Sun & Moon era for their tag teams so much, so I'm excited they're coming back!! and N!! I love N soo much!! I'm excited to see more cards for him :).

Is it 100% guaranteed Tag Teams are coming back? Cuz the decks released at the start of the SV era also had "&"s in their names, and that just denoted "a deck with this basic Pokemon and this Pokemon ex in it". Just curious if there's a distinction in this case.
It's not guaranteed, I wrote the news story to emphasize the Owner's bit. The TAG TEAM thing is a secondary possibility.

So the Team Rocket set is not SV9, huh? Maybe SV9a. But still, kinda curious why they are not going with a Kalos set like they did for year 3 of SWSH and Legends Arceus. I'm really starting to believe AZ is not releasing at the beginning of next year and might actually be a november 2025 release.
Agreed. I think it’s highly likely that the SV block will be 4 years with 16 main sets, similar to Gen 3. So it makes sense that they’re doing other stuff before Kalos

Several interesting sets can come, first with Paradise Dragona, then Terastal Festival with the Eeveelutions, this set and finally the Team Rocket set. I have high expectations.

I missed the battle partner mechanic since I was too young and unable to be apart of the TCG back then competitively. So I'm very excited something like that is coming so I get to be a part of it :D

Also, I was very inexperienced when tag teams were in the format, so now that I'm more experienced after years of playing, I'm very excited for a chance to play a mechanic like that if tag teams do come back. I'm really excited that their trainer's Pokemon being Steven's Beldum and Metagross and Marnie's Morpeko and Grimmsnarl 😊 I love all of the trainers in the game so I'm excited to see them implemented with their Pokemon in some way.

I'm already excited to play my baby Terapagos ex. I'm so excited for the future of the TCG 😁

I have a huge feeling about what's going to be announced at worlds for next year since seeing this news 👀

A lot of yall are jumping the gun on Tag Teams, I’m pretty sure the title of the decks just means both Beldum (not ex) and Metagross ex will be Steven’s, and Morpeko (not ex) and Grimmsnarl ex will be Marnie’s. I doubt the introduction of Owner’s Pokémon will have two Pokémon per card, plus a trainer in the alt arts. And I doubt they’re going back to 3 Prize cards any time soon, they’ve introduced too many effects that increase the number of prizes taken with 1 knock out recently.

Last edited:
Back