“ex Starter Deck Generations” Revealed Featuring 18 Pokemon ex!

i wish these released in other countries T__T
they would be so nice for old gen fans instead of being mixed into a special set

I doubt they will be used in a real set in Japan so they will probably not ever see another version.
I see what you're saying. Sometimes they make two arts of regular ex cards. One as a promo for a deck and one for a set. I'm not saying it's likely, but this could be a possible scenario where they might put at least some of the cards in future sets with an SIR. Maybe they'll make some collector's box item with the SIR as a promo and we'll get it in a regular set. Not likely scenarios, just my optimistic hopes and dreams

I see what you're saying. Sometimes they make two arts of regular ex cards. One as a promo for a deck and one for a set. I'm not saying it's likely, but this could be a possible scenario where they might put at least some of the cards in future sets with an SIR. Maybe they'll make some collector's box item with the SIR as a promo and we'll get it in a regular set. Not likely scenarios, just my optimistic hopes and dreams
Really? I can’t remember any time they but an AR\SIR of any card in a set without the regular being card being in the set and also no Starter Deck card to get that treatment ever. But good to know.

Really? I can’t remember any time they but an AR\SIR of any card in a set without the regular being card being in the set and also no Starter Deck card to get that treatment ever. But good to know.
I meant that they might make a new art for the regular ex card and put it in a set with the SAR on the Japanese side. I'm really not too familiar with Japanese products, but I know they made Chien Pao ex art for Paldea evolved as well as the ex battle deck. My wishful thinking is that they could do the same with these

Note that this is highly unlikely, since these are starter decks, but sometimes Japanese packaged decks have a small chance of including higher rarity cards. The Gengar and Inteleon decks had a small chance of including exclusive alt art versions of the VMAXs, and Start Deck 100 had a handful of full arts and the Golden Galarian Birds.

Start Deck 100 was quite a different beast though, and the Gengar Inteleon decks weren't really starter decks, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for that. Just the most likely scenario, if these exs were to get SIRs.

Last edited:
There seem to be ARs in that box tho. I can make out Meowth on the top right?

The other one is Paldean Whoooer I’d say.

The normal ones seems to be Suicune and Duraludon. IMG_1726.png

Last edited:
The only recent example was Zeraora and Deoxys V/VMax/VStar that were cards from decks and then got reprinted in VSTAR Universe.

Auradog forever condemned to get underwhelming newbie cards.

Really wish they had gone with 1 of the cover Legends instead of Tapu Koko for Gen 7. Solgaleo and Lunala's only post-SM cards were the 25th Anniversary set which basically had to feature them alongside all the Gen 2-8 mascots; other than that they've yet to appear in a set proper. Even Necrozma had a V back in Battle Styles.

Pretty sure I'm more or less the only person hoping for this, but I really want to see the Treasures of Ruin get single-prize Darkness type cards. Even just one would be great. There is some room here, since Tyranitar is 078 and Bronzor is 081, and the Paldea deck is half dark.

Last edited:
Safeguard Sylveon? maybe?

Dialga would've been solid in some kind of energy trans toolbox but I don't think that's a thing anymore.

Cool product overall though, gives me that early tcg vibe.

Wait, diagla ex might be good/ok. Kinda like origin form but with a lower damage output. Still has the same tools

Liligant:

Yay! Grass and Torterra ex is finally playable!

Every other thing: Junk that's similar to Battle Academy cards. :(

Last edited:
Back