“Jirachi V Box” Product Release Confirmed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
An upcoming “Jirachi V Box” has been listed on PTCG Live! It’ll feature Jirachi V as promo #SWSH299. This is a year after the TCG moved from Sword & Shield promos to Scarlet & Violet promos.

Jirachi-V-Box-Cutout-200x200.jpg

Jirach-V-SWSH299-143x200.jpg

The box will come with the regular print of Jirachi V that was cut from Astral Radiance, a jumbo version, a holo promo of Absol from Astral Radiance, four Obsidian Flames booster packs, and a code card. It should cost $19.99.
Jirachi V’s full art print was released in 2022’s Astral Radiance, but the regular print was cut from the set. At the time fans assumed it would release as a promo in the near-future.

Jirachi-V-170-143x200.webp

Continue reading...

not to be a negative Nancy, like most in here... but im sure it wont be 4 OF packs... that is just a beta pic. the makeup will probably be maybe 2 OF, 1 SV, 1 something from SwSh, to validate the promo.
when was the last time we got a legendary in a $20 box?

not to be a negative Nancy, like most in here... but im sure it wont be 4 OF packs... that is just a beta pic. the makeup will probably be maybe 2 OF, 1 SV, 1 something from SwSh, to validate the promo.
I believe the last legendary in a $20 box was the virizion v box

Are other Live bundles different from the IRL ones?

Are other Live bundles different from the IRL ones?
Bundles from Live's in-game shop never feature assortments of packs. It's always exclusively packs from the most recent regular set at the time of the bundle's release or from the same special set as the IRL version.

Maybe its just the fossil in me talking and getting lightheaded. (If so, feel free to ignore me!) But... does that mean there where 255 sword and shield promo cards total? If so I am a bit baffled, considering during all the years of wizards of the coast there had been 54 promos combined over three gens (including ancient mew).

With sword and shield running for three years 01/2020-01/2023, that means 85 Promos a year!

Maybe its just me, but that feels excessive.

Maybe its just the fossil in me talking and getting lightheaded. (If so, feel free to ignore me!) But... does that mean there where 255 sword and shield promo cards total? If so I am a bit baffled, considering during all the years of wizards of the coast there had been 54 promos combined over three gens (including ancient mew).

With sword and shield running for three years 01/2020-01/2023, that means 85 Promos a year!

Maybe its just me, but that feels excessive.
307 even.
It's 4 pre-release promos, up to 2 ETB promos, 2-4 blister promos per set already. And then the vast amount of "collection boxes" and tins. And the V-UNIONs were even split into 4 promos.
Most of these types of promos did not exist back in the days.

307 even.
It's 4 pre-release promos, up to 2 ETB promos, 2-4 blister promos per set already. And then the vast amount of "collection boxes" and tins. And the V-UNIONs were even split into 4 promos.
Most of these types of promos did not exist back in the days.
Yeah WotC era is just old and they were trying things out. All the stuff mentioned here did not exist. Sv is at 50 after 4 sets too - kinda enjoy it tho

Also they didn’t have much sets in total (maybe all of them together is one single era now) and did not have the luxury of taking out cards of the small sets as Promos

WOTC also left entire sets untranslated just because, so screw that era. Big English promo sets are fun and get us more artwork.
Not really tho since most of them are taken out of the regular jspanese sets and become promos for us (like the blister promos most of the time or the upcoming 151). The actual real promo cards would probably just be 1/3 of the number.

Yeah WotC era is just old and they were trying things out. All the stuff mentioned here did not exist. Sv is at 50 after 4 sets too - kinda enjoy it tho

Also they didn’t have much sets in total (maybe all of them together is one single era now) and did not have the luxury of taking out cards of the small sets as Promos
It was two to three sets a year back then. nowadays we have twice as much.

I just want to state that I am not saying WotC was better. I really am not.

In terms of number of sets the WOTC days weren't that different than we have now, although the actual size of the sets then was much, much smaller. 1999 had 3 sets, 2000 had 5, 2001 had 2 but that's because they rushed Neo Genesis out for Christmas 2000 and ignored an entire Japanese expansion (VS), 2002 had 3, and 2003 had 2 because they lost the license but they also rolled 4 Japanese sets into Skyridge and Aquapolis.

The actual real promo cards would probably just be 1/3 of the number.

It definitely isn't that low, that would mean 200 SWSH promos came out of Japanese expansions and that isn't the case (a lot of blister promos lately are sourced from Japanese Gym promos). The TCG has a lot more reprints with different artwork now than back then though.

Last edited:
Back