“Paradise Dragona” TCG Set Officially Revealed Featuring Latias ex, Tera Alolan Exeggutor ex, and Dragon Pokemon!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Paradise Dragona has been officially revealed! As posted before, it will release in Japan on September 13th. We first discovered its trademark in April.
The set will be headlined by Tera Alolan Exeggutor ex, Latias ex, and Latios. It will include 64 cards before secret rares.
Paradise Dragona was obviously created, in part, to commemorate 2024’s Year of the Dragon.
We expect the cards from this set and October’s Supercharged Breaker to form our...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Oh man that Latias is crazy. Alolan Exeggutor seems like it could open up some new Regidrago builds where you use that attack to setup other Regidragos?? idk. Maybe. 2nd attack also pretty decent.

And oh dear more cards suddenly. Let's see here. Rich Energy seems like a rly weird card and surely its just worse than Unfair Stamp...? As far as a draw ACE SPEC goes. Drayton probably maybe sorta replaces Irida post rotation?? Or not idk. Dusk Ball is interesting, I could see some sort of Iono preservation going on w that maybe. Maybe. I dunno. Don't really think any of the other Pokemon are worth discussing.

Last edited:
lisia
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Basic Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.Then the new Active Pokémon is now Confused.
Yeah from what I could make out, that does appear to be an accurate translation. A better Boss on basic Pokemon is interesting but probably too niche to see play over Boss unless there's an archetype that *reeeally* wants to Confuse your opponent for w/e reason. I guess Hisuian Electrode or whatever.

Drago just got a way to set up Benched Dragos while doing damage and knock out any Basic from your opponent's bench in 1 card. With how much competition there is in Drago I don't even know if it will be played but it could definitely be included as a tech for certain matchups.

If the translation of Lisia posted in the comments is correct, it might replace Boss in some decks that struggle against Raging Bolt.

And Latias seems ok in some decks, like Raging Bolt, because the new 8 card bench in decks playing Teras makes more space for enabling mons.

Drago just got a way to set up Benched Dragos while doing damage and knock out any Basic from your opponent's bench in 1 card. With how much competition there is in Drago I don't even know if it will be played but it could definitely be included as a tech for certain matchups.

If the translation of Lisia posted in the comments is correct, it might replace Boss in some decks that struggle against Raging Bolt.

And Latias seems ok in some decks, like Raging Bolt, because the new 8 card bench in decks playing Teras makes more space for enabling mons.
We'll first need to see if end up with a metagame where there's enough reason to justify running Exeggutor in Drago. The first attack along is not enough of a pull, because otherwise we would have seen Energy Hurricane Dragonite get played already and it really hasn't shown its face. The second attack has merit, but is at the very least useless in some matchups that exist right now. Right now is not the meta Drago with Exeggutor will be thinking about.

The one thing about A-Exeggutor ex is that if it does see play, the Drago mirror actually becomes really, really awkward. Like more awkward than it already is. Anything that isn't a 2-prize KO is now much easier to pull ahead against, and even something like Goodra or even Dragapult loses its merit as Giratina VStar and A-Exeggutor ex guarantee 2-prize KOs in some shape or form. If you use Rolling Iron to prevent your Drago VStar from getting Knocked out, well now the opponent just uses A-Exeggutor's attack to take something on the bench instead. Now, the person who used Rolling Iron is behind in the prize race and has to play to either take 4 prizes in 1 turn with Dragapult, or stop the opponent from attacking with a Regidrago VStar at all next turn. If the person who used Rolling Iron had used Giratina or A-Exeggutor, they would have been ahead in the prize race and taken out a Regidrago V prior. Goodra becomes a lot less effective in shifting the momentum of the game, and we'd likely see a lot of games that play out like a Raging Bolt mirror or Roaring Moon mirror where it is just trading 2 prize KOs with no other plan.

Edit: This entire paragraph referred to an old translation, where Exeggutor could KO any basic on heads.

Last edited:
We'll first need to see if end up with a metagame where there's enough reason to justify running Exeggutor in Drago. The first attack along is not enough of a pull, because otherwise we would have seen Energy Hurricane Dragonite get played already and it really hasn't shown its face. The second attack has merit, but is at the very least useless in some matchups that exist right now. Right now is not the meta Drago with Exeggutor will be thinking about.

The one thing about A-Exeggutor ex is that if it does see play, the Drago mirror actually becomes really, really awkward. Like more awkward than it already is. Anything that isn't a 2-prize KO is now much easier to pull ahead against, and even something like Goodra or even Dragapult loses its merit as Giratina VStar and A-Exeggutor ex guarantee 2-prize KOs in some shape or form. If you use Rolling Iron to prevent your Drago VStar from getting Knocked out, well now the opponent just uses A-Exeggutor's attack to take something on the bench instead. Now, the person who used Rolling Iron is behind in the prize race and has to play to either take 4 prizes in 1 turn with Dragapult, or stop the opponent from attacking with a Regidrago VStar at all next turn. If the person who used Rolling Iron had used Giratina or A-Exeggutor, they would have been ahead in the prize race and taken out a Regidrago V prior. Goodra becomes a lot less effective in shifting the momentum of the game, and we'd likely see a lot of games that play out like a Raging Bolt mirror or Roaring Moon mirror where it is just trading 2 prize KOs with no other plan.
Yeah, I only really started considering the Stellar Miracle meta once I realized Latias isn't actually competing that much for bench space in Bolt. I don't even know if Raging Bolt will be relevant in a world with Terapagos and Palkia decks.

Well, all of the Trainers other than Lisia, including the Ace Spec energy, seem bad. Exeggcute's attack is cool, but I don't know how the deck functions past that. With the inclusion of Drayton I think an Archaludon card is basically guaranteed, but now I'm doubting if it's an ex because I bet it would have been revealed here if it was.

Also how is this set called Paradise Dragona but 2 of the dragons they included aren't even Dragon-type?
I mean, the set literally JUST got revealed, there's still plenty of time to reveal Dragon-type dragons.

Featuring Dragon-type Pokemon as their other types, doesn't remove the Dragon-type, it's just to feature some variety in the set (assuming you're referring to Latias, Latios, and Gouging Fire).

Back