“Paradise Dragona” TCG Set Officially Revealed Featuring Latias ex, Tera Alolan Exeggutor ex, and Dragon Pokemon!

The one thing about A-Exeggutor ex is that if it does see play, the Drago mirror actually becomes really, really awkward. Like more awkward than it already is. Anything that isn't a 2-prize KO is now much easier to pull ahead against, and even something like Goodra or even Dragapult loses its merit as Giratina VStar and A-Exeggutor ex guarantee 2-prize KOs in some shape or form. If you use Rolling Iron to prevent your Drago VStar from getting Knocked out, well now the opponent just uses A-Exeggutor's attack to take something on the bench instead. Now, the person who used Rolling Iron is behind in the prize race and has to play to either take 4 prizes in 1 turn with Dragapult, or stop the opponent from attacking with a Regidrago VStar at all next turn. If the person who used Rolling Iron had used Giratina or A-Exeggutor, they would have been ahead in the prize race and taken out a Regidrago V prior. Goodra becomes a lot less effective in shifting the momentum of the game, and we'd likely see a lot of games that play out like a Raging Bolt mirror or Roaring Moon mirror where it is just trading 2 prize KOs with no other plan.
Ignore everything in this paragraph as it was going by the previous translation on here, as attached. This is significantly less useful in the mirror with heads having to KO active.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801_233841_Chrome.jpeg
    Screenshot_20240801_233841_Chrome.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 13
Ignore everything in this paragraph as it was going by the previous translation on here, as attached. This is significantly less useful in the mirror with heads having to KO active.
You can always use Iron Bundle or other effects to sent the active to the bench and guarantee it is KOed no matter what you flip ^__-

How is latias even similar to Zacian V/Miridion ex? They both aren’t even similar to what latias does.

(I don’t think that their abilities were that bad personality)
They're all Basics with three-cost attacks that you can't use on the next turn?

I'm legit really disappointed that they went with A-Exeggutor for the set mascot. Like it's more of a meme than anything

They're all Basics with three-cost attacks that you can't use on the next turn?
Their abilities are what make them good and they're completely different.

Speaking of the Latias ex, I do think it's interesting how they're creating more support specifically for Basics, but also a few anti-Basic things. Not sure how to feel about it.

I'm legit really disappointed that they went with A-Exeggutor for the set mascot. Like it's more of a meme than anything
It's a fine Pokemon IMO. I'm just glad regional forms of past regions aren't totally forgotten, but it's a bit of a bummer that they're using one that has already appeared in SwSh rather than one that hasn't appeared since SuMo. Of course, there's still plenty of time to use more past regional Pokemon, and I hope they do.

Speaking of the Latias ex, I do think it's interesting how they're creating more support specifically for Basics, but also a few anti-Basic things. Not sure how to feel about it.

It's a fine Pokemon IMO. I'm just glad regional forms of past regions aren't totally forgotten, but it's a bit of a bummer that they're using one that has already appeared in SwSh rather than one that hasn't appeared since SuMo. Of course, there's still plenty of time to use more past regional Pokemon, and I hope they do.
Plenty of Alolan Pokemon returned in the Indigo Disc DLC, so fingers crossed

Not really. Yes, they would still be pretty dumb as support single-prizers, but they were both capable attackers in their own decks. This "can't attack next turn" type of attack has a laughable downside for its heavily inflated damage.
So yes, that's what I meant by saying "they didn't stick a pointless acceleration ability" on Latias. It's not a build-around that gives you everything you want for free, it's just a capable Basic attacker that you might consider for your deck.

Yeah thats my issue as well with A exeggutor. It had a gx, a tag team, a V. I guess being the posterchild of a set was missing.

None of these cards are competitively viable, not even Lisia which i have a hard time justifying over boss as the whole point of gusting is to kill whatever liability was benched, so Lisia is bad boss pretty much always.

Latias is bad as it needs a very specific deck to be useful, if you are going to bench a liability, bench, impactful cards like lumi or Billy. Exeggutor is bad, the high HP single prizers are usually weak on purpose and drayton + dusk are bad.

How the hell did game designers got to the conclusion that we needed a worse version of great ball?

A level ball reprint would have been much more useful

Last edited:
None of these cards are competitively viable, not even Lisia which i have a hard time justifying over boss as the whole point of gusting is to kill whatever liability was benched, so Lisia is bad boss pretty much always.

Lastias is bad, exeggutor is bad, the high HP single prizers are usually weak on purpose and drayton + dusk are bad.

How the hell did game designers got to the conclusion that we needed a worse version of great ball?
Dusk ball is literally great ball but useful if you got Iono'd how is it worse. And considering obviously that GB isnt that playable ofc

Do we think there will be a latios ex? I really want them to have matching SIRs cause I love Latias so much. Also, do we think all of the ex's will be dragons? But like a water kyurem or water bax?

Dusk ball is literally great ball but useful if you got Iono'd how is it worse. And considering obviously that GB isnt that playable ofc

Is functionally the same when the deck is randomized.

However, stuff like iono make the card much worse as the card isn't even reliably hitting cards you haven't seen in such scenario.

Imagine getting iono'd and having no good monsters to grab (which is often). You have a dead card whereas Great Ball usually has a better chance to hit stuff as you draw x from top, then you do 7. So you are seeing more cards overall and chances to nab something are much better (you could see 13 fresh cards from top in iono for 6 scenario; in that same scenario, you are only seeing 6 from top and 7 from a selection of cards you had already seen. Even then, dusk doesn't even guarantee you hit a iono'd mon if your hand size was above 7).

That alone makes the card worse, even in iono scenarios, gret ball is statistically better on average.

However, Great ball was bad enough as is (considering the competition for deck space we have now), so i fail to see how 8 is better than 4.

Do we think there will be a latios ex? I really want them to have matching SIRs cause I love Latias so much. Also, do we think all of the ex's will be dragons? But like a water kyurem or water bax?
They usually don't release two cards of a single pokémon in the same set, so it's highly unlikely. It could get one in a future set, but not this one.

I was gonna say it's cool to see a past-gen regional form front and center on the pack artwork, until I remembered Alolan Vulpix VSTAR beat Exeggutor to it.

I was hoping for a busted ACE SPEC Special Energy for Dragons as a successor to Double Dragon Energy; I suppose it's still possible but doesn't seem that likely with 1 Ace Energy already revealed.

Plus this doesn't seem like it'll be that much of a Dragon-heavy set compared to the likes of Evolving Skies or Dragon Majesty, considering there's only room for at best 5 more between Dialga and Swablu. Still cool if it has a bunch of Dragons appearing as their other type, though. Fingers crossed for a Tyrunt fossil. Eternatus and Dragon UBs I feel have a better shot next year as Owner's Pokemon for Rose and Lusamine.

Is functionally the same when the deck is randomized.

However, stuff like iono make the card much worse as the card isn't even reliably hitting cards you haven't seen in such scenario.

Imagine getting iono'd and having no good monsters to grab (which is often). You have a dead card whereas Great Ball usually has a better chance to hit stuff as you draw x from top, then you do 7. So you are seeing more cards overall and chances to nab something are much better (you could see 13 fresh cards from top in iono for 6 scenario; in that same scenario, you are only seeing 6 from top and 7 from a selection of cards you had already seen. Even then, dusk doesn't even guarantee you hit a iono'd mon if your hand size was above 7).

That alone makes the card worse, even in iono scenarios, gret ball is statistically better on average.

However, Great ball was bad enough as is (considering the competition for deck space we have now), so i fail to see how 8 is better than 4.
Well that entire argument falls flat with the argument of "having no good monsters". We're in an evolution meta you are bound to have pokemon in hand for the next turns. You're also assuming your hand is often bad and Iono is helping you. Sometimes your hand was good and what good does it do to see "more fresh cards" if those are absolutely cards you dont want. If your hand wasnt good as you claim, your opponent has a relatively good chance of realizing that and will avoid Iono you if possible

Back