“Paradise Dragona” TCG Set Officially Revealed Featuring Latias ex, Tera Alolan Exeggutor ex, and Dragon Pokemon!

Well that entire argument falls flat with the argument of "having no good monsters". We're in an evolution meta you are bound to have pokemon in hand for the next turns. You're also assuming your hand is often bad and Iono is helping you. Sometimes your hand was good and what good does it do to see "more fresh cards" if those are absolutely cards you dont want. If your hand wasnt good as you claim, your opponent has a relatively good chance of realizing that and will avoid Iono you if possible
This is a literal post hoc fallacy, ergo a BS argument.

Matter of fact is that looking at cards from the top is statistically better than looking at the bottom. Bring math as of why is better to look from bottom when iono is involved

Matter of fact is that looking at cards from the top is statistically better than looking at the bottom. Bring math as of why is better to look from bottom when iono is involved
would you care to explain yourself how checking top 7 is in your words "statistically better than looking at the bottom"? don't bother replying if it's going to be flailing instead of actually backing up the claim. it isn't really on everyone else to provide evidence of anything when you're already going to dismiss any argumentation you disagree with as fallacious in order to avoid saying anything substantive. luckily, most people grow out of the phase where they read the wikipedia page on logical fallacies and want to be absolutely sure everyone else knows they did it sooner or later.

Never a moment of self-awareness with this guy. And yes that is my whole argument because why actually discussing the topic at hand where we can just do this instead

I'm not a fan of Alolan Exeggutor, personally I would have preferred Latias and Latios to be the two main Pokémon of the set, each with their EX version and a SIR card with art that connects each one, maybe I was expecting too much. I hope Latios has at least one IR card.

Alolan Eggy is baby and Pokemon fans need to embrace fun and whimsy 😔
I mean sure it's funny, but I don't think it feels right as the headliner for a Dragon-themed set, especially when they made the strange decision to make Latios and Latias Psychic-type cards. Maybe for an Alola-themed set, but the main thing that attracts people to Dragon-types is how badass and powerful they are, and a lot of people were anticipating a Rayquaza set.

Last edited:
It's great to have another Lisia trainer card but it's too bad it won't be anywhere near as stunning as the Sun & Moon era version. I'm sure the SAR will look good though.

Super rare full art trainers don't do it for me anymore in the SV/SWSH era. Although the art is nice and illustrated by different people the art styles and poses are always the same, along with a boring scenery background. I miss the Sun & Moon style trainers, which I hope Gen 10 brings back.

I miss trainers having colorful backgrounds with unique texture patterns, which is non-existent in SWSH/SV trainers. I feel like people don't mention the fact of how much of a downgrade the texture is on SWSH/SV compared to S&M. Like compare a Japanese or even an English S&M trainer to a SWSH/SV trainer and notice the drastic difference.

Sorry for that little rant of mine. That Gouging Fire by Akira Egawa is beautiful. along with Dialga.

Oh my god Water and grass type decks got so versatile. Turn 1 flood the board with Pokemon, get Eggs in the active, attach water/grass to Eggs, pass. Turn 2 Big Egg Earthen Vessel/Energy Search of some form, flood the hand with energy, accelerate it to a bunch of big basics. Turn 3 maybe Boss a basic because no shot your opponent deals 300 damage turn 2 going 2nd (actually not excessively unlikely but we got Big Basics online anyway) slap a Fighting energy on Big Egg and bing bang boom your opponent is never using Lumineon, Squawkabilly, or Fezandipiti, severely limiting their ability to close the game if it comes to it.

I mean sure it's funny, but I don't think it feels right as the headliner for a Dragon-themed set, especially when they made the strange decision to make Latios and Latias Psychic-type cards. Maybe for an Alola-themed set, but the main thing that attracts people to Dragon-types is how badass and powerful they are, and a lot of people were anticipating a Rayquaza set.
Funny how people always complain about a few pokémon always getting the spotlight and then get upset when the set mascot is not a pokémon that always get the spotlight.

Why doesn’t set always need to attract? It’s a Japanese set. They live different Pokémon than Charizard you know? They are fine with cute and funny and I rather have this than a legendary or starter in every set.

With Lisia it's worth noting that this is the first Gust-effect printed in H block besides Prime Catcher. As such, there is a chance there might be a window where this is the only legal card of that type.

It's great to have another Lisia trainer card but it's too bad it won't be anywhere near as stunning as the Sun & Moon era version. I'm sure the SAR will look good though.

Super rare full art trainers don't do it for me anymore in the SV/SWSH era. Although the art is nice and illustrated by different people the art styles and poses are always the same, along with a boring scenery background. I miss the Sun & Moon style trainers, which I hope Gen 10 brings back.

I miss trainers having colorful backgrounds with unique texture patterns, which is non-existent in SWSH/SV trainers. I feel like people don't mention the fact of how much of a downgrade the texture is on SWSH/SV compared to S&M. Like compare a Japanese or even an English S&M trainer to a SWSH/SV trainer and notice the drastic difference.

Sorry for that little rant of mine. That Gouging Fire by Akira Egawa is beautiful. along with Dialga.
Beats me how SM backgrounds aren’t boring and new ones are. A lot of the times it’s locations we know (and love) obviously seen with other lens and artstyle. Sure poses are a little bit safer now but idk personally they still work since it’s almost always the only piece of official artwork they got where you can appreciate their design at their (almost) full. And just in general I think the art itself is better. Then again I avidly despise full arts of pokemon precisely because of the boring backgrounds, and poses, and thick outline… so ig we appreciate different things but I hope they keep doing supporters like they do rn. Maybe for special sets we can have those actually boring backgrounds for supporters like the SWSH GL with their pokeball

Hey anyone know since the new dusk ball is the same as the old one could we use the DPP ones instead in tournaments?

Beats me how SM backgrounds aren’t boring and new ones are. A lot of the times it’s locations we know (and love) obviously seen with other lens and artstyle. Sure poses are a little bit safer now but idk personally they still work since it’s almost always the only piece of official artwork they got where you can appreciate their design at their (almost) full. And just in general I think the art itself is better. Then again I avidly despise full arts of pokemon precisely because of the boring backgrounds, and poses, and thick outline… so ig we appreciate different things but I hope they keep doing supporters like they do rn. Maybe for special sets we can have those actually boring backgrounds for supporters like the SWSH GL with their pokeball
Yeah don't get me wrong the SHSH/SV trainers still look nice but S&M are superior because of the texture pattern. The same generic sun/god rays coming from the top left/middle/right of the card is tiresome. I wouldn't even consider that a textured pattern and more of a base layer of texture that all textured cards have.

Only from Base Sword/Shield to Shiny Star V did full art trainers have a texture pattern, and once Single/Rapid Strike released it has forever been removed. That is why I consider Poke Kid from Shiny Star V to be one of the best-looking trainers in the SWSH era because it has a very prominent heart texture pattern.

Guess it’s time to rate these

Exeggcute-Very good to get a quick evo into the Tera alolan exeggutor. 3/5

Gouging Fire-Could be a good card in some Charizard decks other than that don’t see it being too good 2.5/5

Latias ex-I could see this being a support card that gets used wisely 4/5

Latios- Gardevoir might use this as a 1 of but not going to be super good 2/5

Passimian-No one will use this 100 damage at most is incredibly bad 1/5

Klefki- Just wannabe cleffa 1/5

Dialga- Not super good 1/5

Alolan Exeggutor- Definitely going to see use in Regidrago 5/5

Altaria- Regidrago could maybe gain protection from this 2.5/5

Dusk Ball- The next quick ball? 4/5

Dragon’s potion- Doubt this will do much 1.5/5

Drayton- Literally just altered arven 5/5

Lisia’s appeal- Well there goes boss’s playability. Say hello to better Boss’s Orders 5/5

Rich Energy- I think unfair stamp is SOOO much better because you get to screw over your opponent 2.5/5

Guess it’s time to rate these

Exeggcute-Very good to get a quick evo into the Tera alolan exeggutor. 3/5

Gouging Fire-Could be a good card in some Charizard decks other than that don’t see it being too good 2.5/5

Latias ex-I could see this being a support card that gets used wisely 4/5

Latios- Gardevoir might use this as a 1 of but not going to be super good 2/5

Passimian-No one will use this 100 damage at most is incredibly bad 1/5

Klefki- Just wannabe cleffa 1/5

Dialga- Not super good 1/5

Alolan Exeggutor- Definitely going to see use in Regidrago 5/5

Altaria- Regidrago could maybe gain protection from this 2.5/5

Dusk Ball- The next quick ball? 4/5

Dragon’s potion- Doubt this will do much 1.5/5

Drayton- Literally just altered arven 5/5

Lisia’s appeal- Well there goes boss’s playability. Say hello to better Boss’s Orders 5/5

Rich Energy- I think unfair stamp is SOOO much better because you get to screw over your opponent 2.5/5
The alolan egg is on a coin flip, passimian does 120 base, and 180 with area zero, the altaria is bad cause its on a coin flip, dusk ball sucks, why not use nest ball for basics? Dragons potion is good in regidrago, especially paired with goodra, it's probably the best healing item there is. Drayton is only top 7 cards, which sucks, cause that means that you could just get nothing. Lisia is only basics, so boss is still better

The alolan egg is on a coin flip, passimian does 120 base, and 180 with area zero, the altaria is bad cause its on a coin flip, dusk ball sucks, why not use nest ball for basics? Dragons potion is good in regidrago, especially paired with goodra, it's probably the best healing item there is. Drayton is only top 7 cards, which sucks, cause that means that you could just get nothing. Lisia is only basics, so boss is still better
Alolan Exeggutor still KOs something no matter what, passimian still won’t see play due to low damage and not much fighting support right now, altaria could still be used sometimes in pinch situations, dusk ball is decent and will be used, dragons potion only heals 60, which is good with goodra but not super good still, Drayton is still good as a 1 or 2, if you get nothing you still got pal pad to try again, Lisia is good because, guess what, you’re going to be switching in basics most of the time anyways to kill support and for easy KOs.

Back