“Stellar Miracle” Pokemon TCG Set Featuring Terapagos ex Revealed!

I just hope the energy costs of these Stellar cards don't get it the way of them being good. I know they are doing things like Crispin to help with it but Stellar was supposed to be this big new strong mechanic and I hope the energy cost doesn't hinder them. I just really want the Stellar Ceruledge to be bad. I love Ceruledge and want to build a deck around it. I'm guessing they will be good and they will come out with plenty of ways to get the energy on but just a little concern.

Rulings question here, i i have aera zero underdepth in play with 8 pokémon on bench and only 1 tera pokemon in the active spot.

When m'y tera pokemon die, do I hive to move a pokémon to the active first and then discard two pokémon or do I have to discard 3 pokémon and then move a pokémon to the active spot ?
"If my only Eternatus VMAX with "Eternal Zone" Ability is Active and gets KO'd, do I reduce my bench size down to 5 Pokemon before or after promoting one to the Active Slot?
You discard down to 5 Benched Pokemon before promoting a new Active Pokemon in this scenario."

I don't understand why people get so mad about power creep. Why does it matter if cards are stronger than they were 5-10 years ago? All that matters is that they are a similar power level to current cards. Having over 300 HP doesn't matter if there are other cards that have the same HP.
FINALLY someone who don't blâme power creep withount clear understanding of why they are doing it.

Power creep is literrally mendatory in card games, especially in pokémon where the power différence of a good deck and a casual deck is huge

This sets releasing on my birthday… Crossing my fingers for full arts or even secret illustrator rares of some of the characters I’ve been waiting on. It’d be shocking if they didn’t release one for Briar for this set.

I don't understand why people get so mad about power creep. Why does it matter if cards are stronger than they were 5-10 years ago? All that matters is that they are a similar power level to current cards. Having over 300 HP doesn't matter if there are other cards that have the same HP.
My issue is that the power creep is happening not at a creeping speed but rather a gallop to be honest.

Each new set tries to out-do the one before in terms of mechanics and numbers and jaw dropping strong cards.
We get cards you wouldn't have thought to happen 2-3 years ago or some even 1 year ago or less.

It keeps me also from re-entering the game because I feel each new set makes everything that came before redundant.
Also the game has so drasticly changed in its design philosophy, it feels like having branching of from the game I knew back then.

Last edited:
My issue is that the power creep is happening not at a creeping speed but rather a gallop to be honest.

Each new set tries to out-do the one before in terms of mechanics and numbers and jaw dropping strong cards.
We get cards you wouldn't have thought to happen 2-3 years ago or some even 1 year ago or less.

It keeps me also from re-entering the game because I feel each new set makes everything that came before redundant.
Also the game has so drasticly changed in its design philosophy, it feels like having branching of from the game I knew back then.
I don't see the problem I guess. Sounds more like you want the nostalgia back from when you first started playing and no matter what they do you won't like it. You can't play older cards anyways because of the standard format so power creep doesn't matter. If some day Pokémon have 1000 hp and do 1000 damage on attacks it won't matter because the other Pokémon will have 1000 hp and do 1000 damage. Power creep is only a problem if only one card is crazy strong. A some what balanced format is all that matters.

I don't see the problem I guess. Sounds more like you want the nostalgia back from when you first started playing and no matter what they do you won't like it. You can't play older cards anyways because of the standard format so power creep doesn't matter. If some day Pokémon have 1000 hp and do 1000 damage on attacks it won't matter because the other Pokémon will have 1000 hp and do 1000 damage. Power creep is only a problem if only one card is crazy strong. A some what balanced format is all that matters.

That’s not what the post said. I also don’t like to buy an expensive deck just for it to be bad a month later what has nostalgia to do with that?

Here's the leak
Isn't the cinderace a bit broken with the snipe and huge damage cheaply with the tool ace spec
Also have been playing out of format and hoping they don't ban the sky field immediately
Moushold will be even more fun now

That’s not what the post said. I also don’t like to buy an expensive deck just for it to be bad a month later what has nostalgia to do with that?
It's not bad a month later. Lugia VSTAR is the top Deck right now if not one of the top decks. How old is it? How long was Mew Vmax good? Lost Box is still great. The creep isn't that fast. Again I just think you're mad about something else because the creep isn't a problem.

Just try out Star Wars Unlimited. Best tcg I've ever played, hands down. The meta diversity they achieved with only the first set is a triumph in game design. The game is absolutely amazing.

It's not bad a month later. Lugia VSTAR is the top Deck right now if not one of the top decks. How old is it? How long was Mew Vmax good? Lost Box is still great. The creep isn't that fast. Again I just think you're mad about something else because the creep isn't a problem.
And that’s fun how? The last few month I played against only three different decks played by 20+ different people, none of which I’m interested in: Lost Box (the mechanic is so stupid and the games are so long) and two Variants of Charizard (which is the most boring Pokemon and it’s just broken). Lugia is just coming back but it wasn’t viable for a few month now, so don’t act like it was and I saw no one playing Mew for about a year now.

I was certainly hoping they'd just have Crystal Type or an equivalent color change effect, but this is still okay because I'm a sucker for multi color costs like this.

I'm at a point where I just hope the game will get a soft reset and they stop the power creep...
Just stuff getting more and more absurd if you look at it from a perspective of a player from 15 years ago.
only 15 years ago? i'm a player from 25 years ago. it's almost unrecognizable as a game, but the pokemon tcg was already almost unrecognizable to base set less than a decade after its release. every card game is going to evolve over time, especially as much time as pokemon has been around, and to insist that it not ever operate in anything but one narrow comfort zone (the timeframe of this comfort zone, no doubt, varying from individual player to player) is needlessly limiting the game's design potential. this isn't to say that everything is perfect now or even that everything is good, but. the "power creep" isn't absurd because pokemon is a game designed around its set rotation and not an eternal format. cards exist to be played with and against their contemporaries.

furthermore, nothing of value would come from a "soft reset", no matter what that entails. i think you should just try to drum up interest, even if it's just among your personal friends, in just playing older formats you like (whether it's in person or online), which is easier now than it has ever been.

Last edited:
Back