“Terastal Festival” Set Will Feature the Eeveelutions, Releases in December!

Vaporeon only barely outranked Jolteon in 2021 and was below all of the newer ones both years (Flareon was the only one who didn't rank either year). I don't think those dumb Internet jokes about Vaporeon are as widespread as some people think.
Personally I just always found it the most interesting execution of Eevee's lore of adapting its DNA, basically changing into a fish-like chimera while the rest pretty much remain purely mammalian things.

The only way they could make me excited for this is if the Eeveelutions are all different Tera types than their normal types. Otherwise, just another boring genwunner/casual fan pandering set.
This is the annual high class set. Filled with competitive reprints and crazy special arts, assuming it follows in the same vein as vmax climax/star universe. Hardly a set you'd call boring or specifically pandering to genwunners or casuals. Even if they're featured on the pack art or whatever the eeveelutions are going to be a small part of this massive set that already has stuff for everyone, kinda the equivalent of Great Tusk ex/Iron Treads ex or Simisear/Regigigas VSTAR presumably

Rephrasing my initial comment. I dislike most TERA Pokemon Cards, the hats are god awful. To date, the only one I even own due to liking it in spite of the hat is the Garchomp Special Illustration Rare. So an entire set of goofy hat evolution of Eevee means very little to me personally. Fortunately, through various releases during SWSH, we were given a plethora of very awesome ones. Despite my own thoughts on TERA, I genuinely think someone will try to hype the set up to try recreate that magic (even though I doubt it will).

Last edited:
So, is this how the japanese calendar looks right now?
July: Stellar Miracle (7)
November: Terastal Festival (8)
January: Glory of the Team Rocket (9)
July: Stellar Miracle (7)
September: Paradise Dragona (7a)
October: Supercharged Breaker (8)
December: Terastal Festival (8a)
January: Glory of Team Rocket (9)

It's funny, just today I was thinking how weird it was that we haven't gotten a single ex Eeveelution. Personally I can live without them. They're OK I do like Umbreon but mainly my wife and sister in law like them so it'll be cool for them to get new cards to be excited about hopefully they're pretty good so they can get some decks for one or two of them

Rephrasing my initial comment. I dislike most TERA Pokemon Cards, the hats are god awful. To date, the only one I even own due to liking it in spite of the hat is the Garchomp Special Illustration Rare. So an entire set of goofy hat evolution of Eevee means very little to me personally. Fortunately, through various releases during SWSH, we were given a plethora of very awesome ones. Despite my own thoughts on TERA, I genuinely think someone will try to hype the set up to try recreate that magic (even though I doubt it will).
okay ?

In a perfect world this results in a good Eeveeloution centric deck similar to Zoroark box (and not like the failure that was Ogerpon Mask Change deck), but also some of them just being good as their own decks (e.g. Jolteon VMAX and Leafeon VMAX), and maybe some of them being good for other types of decks as alternate attackers or support (e.g. Umbreon VMAX being good in Single Strike and Eternatus decks).

"If Evolving Skies was so good, why didn't they make an Evolving Skies t-"

I skipped Evolving skies because of corona and didn't buy even single booster for that set. This one I won't skip 😅

I like eeveelutions and all but I want a set all about bug pokemon! I just wanna see a parasect ex and a scolipede ex
My dream sets would be a year of mini sets themed around the types that lack proper TCG representation. Like a "Grass" focused set that is all Bugs (with every dual-type Bug repping their non-Grass type), a "Psychic" focused set that is all Ghosts & Fairies, etc. Like how the USUM block had a few mini sets that were limited to specific types.

SIGH I was really hoping it would be a Character Rare focused set like VMAX Climax, which seems less likely now, but I guess there's always the end of year set for 2025 😬

Back