(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Reveals New X/Y Details and Four New Pokemon! [5/11]

The only time I've ever been remotely unhappy with Pokemon design was 5th gen when a lot of the new Pokemon introduced resembled older ones in some way. I've never had a problem with the level of realism in the designs, just a few issues with originality.

I said the majority of the fanbase, not all of it. :p

CyberCat5555 said:
These new 'mons look really cool! What I think:
Gogoat-will be a single-stage Pokemon
Yancham-Double staged with its final form being fighting/dark and will be a punk-panda
Yayakoma-Triple-staged and will eventually be fire/flying and will look like a phoenix
Elikiteru-Triple-staged as well and will wind up being electric/steel and will have a large generator implemented into it some how. It will look like a cyborg thing. I also think it looks more like a wiener dog than a lizard. It's the ears that throw me off. I bet that they will look like live wires in the end. I bet it will be a Shinx expy.
Also, I love the character customization! It's minor, but I really like it. I also hope that you can change the skin tone and hair color individually and that the displayed pictures are just presets.
I also really like the new box arts. I hope they will be shiny and holographic and that when you tilt them you see a DNA or something. I can't wait till this stuff is reveled on the English site.
I also hope that the "secret" news will be Sylveon's, Xerneas's, and Yveltal's types and maybe some fragments of the plot.

Gogoat, Yayakoma, Yancham : I totally agree!
Elikiteru : I think he will be double staged.

Yoyoman said:
I think the panda will most likely evolve into a fighting/dark or fighting/grass
1. It could be dark when evolved because of it being the naughty pokemon and having that grin but this can be misleading since other bear pokemon such as ursaring and beartic have dark type qualities but are not dark type.
2. It could be fighting/grass when evolved because panda= bamboo and it has a leaf in it's mouth
Please, do inform me on how Ursaring and Beartic could be dark type?
There is nothing dark about them.
Ursaring's name is a combination of ursa (Latin for bear) and ring (referring to the circle on its stomach).
Beartic is a combination of bear and arctic.
Nothing about either Pokemon even slightly references the possibility that they could be part dark type. The only thing I could possibly think of to justify your claim is that they can learn Bite and Crunch, but so can a variety of other Pokemon, such as all the Eeveelutions, as well as Blastoise.

Also, the justification for it being Fighting/Grass is a complete fallacy. Just because it has a leaf in its mouth doesn't mean that it will be part grass type. Your claims for why it could be part Dark type made much more sense than this. Particularly it being classified as the "Naughty" Pokemon.

flilix said:
CyberCat5555 said:
These new 'mons look really cool! What I think:
Gogoat-will be a single-stage Pokemon
Yancham-Double staged with its final form being fighting/dark and will be a punk-panda
Yayakoma-Triple-staged and will eventually be fire/flying and will look like a phoenix
Elikiteru-Triple-staged as well and will wind up being electric/steel and will have a large generator implemented into it some how. It will look like a cyborg thing. I also think it looks more like a wiener dog than a lizard. It's the ears that throw me off. I bet that they will look like live wires in the end. I bet it will be a Shinx expy.
Also, I love the character customization! It's minor, but I really like it. I also hope that you can change the skin tone and hair color individually and that the displayed pictures are just presets.
I also really like the new box arts. I hope they will be shiny and holographic and that when you tilt them you see a DNA or something. I can't wait till this stuff is reveled on the English site.
I also hope that the "secret" news will be Sylveon's, Xerneas's, and Yveltal's types and maybe some fragments of the plot.

Gogoat, Yayakoma, Yancham : I totally agree!
Elikiteru : I think he will be double staged.
The reason I think Elikiteru will be triple-staged is because it looks so plain right now, I still like it, though. I feel that it has a lot of potential because a cyborg-lizard-weenie dog-generator thing is pretty cool.

6h6syr.jpg

Is it just me, or is he walking diagonally?

So will that mean the character is no longer confined to box-shaped cells?

DNA said:
I would think so.
I mean, the same could be said for Pokemon too.
Just look at the battle sequences that we've been shown.

DNA said:

No, I think the grid movement is still around, actually. If you look at the overworld, the areas are still tile based.

Bolt the Cat said:
DNA said:

No, I think the grid movement is still around, actually. If you look at the overworld, the areas are still tile based.

So are a lot of games, yet make use of free-movement, instead of grid based-movement. Although, looking at the positions of the characters, grid based-movement will still be included. It is possible, though, that 8 directions are available, so that you would be able to walk diagonally within the grid pattern, but this is of course; unconfirmed.

He looks like he's going right to me; I can see how it could also look diagonal though. The picture's a little too blurry to tell for certain. If it's showcasing anything though, it's probably the fact that he's got someone following him. I don't think there's been any diagonal movement shown in trailers so far either.

I would welcome it but I don't think it's likely D:

Anyone else thinking about the possibilities of a move like parabola charge? I'm guessing it will work better in sunny weather while being weak in rain. Does anyone think they could add other moves like this (ex: stronger in rain weak in sun)?

The pokemon website shows movesets for the starters at level five and then at level 8 (for froakie and chespin) and 11 for fennekin.
At level five it shows them with vine whip, bubble, and ember.
Will the starters have moves of their type from the word go?

Bolt the Cat said:
The only time I've ever been remotely unhappy with Pokemon design was 5th gen when a lot of the new Pokemon introduced resembled older ones in some way. I've never had a problem with the level of realism in the designs, just a few issues with originality.

In artwork, sort of agree, not enough change from 5th generation. Next generation bears lots of similarities to Gen. II in design.

Hi all. New user, longtime viewer. Anyway, as the above user has posted, the source leaked the correct English names. Meaning that fairy type is probably real :)

TheKeaton said:
THE NAMES ARE CONFIRMED TRUE!!!! CHECK SEREBII!!!!!! THE SOURCE IS RIGHT!!! OH MY GOD!!!

more like...check the official site. why would I go to serebii? *facepalm*

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/

Squirtle Squad said:
The pokemon website shows movesets for the starters at level five and then at level 8 (for froakie and chespin) and 11 for fennekin.
At level five it shows them with vine whip, bubble, and ember.
Will the starters have moves of their type from the word go?

This is interesting, it would certainly make your first fight with the rival tougher, since they would have the advantage in terms of moves. Before it was just 'use Tackle until you win', now they can hit us super-effectively.
I'm curious as to why they've put Fennekin at lv.11 whilst the other two are at lv.8. The only real reason I can see this happening is because Fennekin learns Howl later on than Froakie and Chespin learn Quick Attack and Rollout, respectively.

ALSO, CLOTHES AND ACCESSORY CUSTOMIZATION WAS CONFIRMED, I AM SO HAPPY
And they mentioned that the sunglasses are different colors on each gender, is this a hint as to customisation (unlikely, seeing as customization confirmation is on the same page), or is it to do with the storyline?

Back